How do i kill Algalon if all the groups require me to have already killed Algalon?

And shout out to all the people who leave my pug as soon as they find out I haven’t killed Algalon.

17 Likes

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/fake-achievement

11 Likes

I am afraid you will need to git gud

4 Likes

Make your own group.

3 Likes

There are people who have killed algalon?

I have not even done an HM yet, 2 weeks ago was my first Yoggy25.

Maybe we’ll start HM’s this or next week

There’s no rush.

Hopefully Ulduar is out for a long while.

5 Likes

Join a guild and do it with them.

2 Likes

What will OP complain about next?

“Today my food was delivered cold. Pls help”

2 Likes

Well I am just waiting until my 25 guild raid cleared Algalon and I have 5200+ GS to search for 10s for the last 1-2 items. I guess that is the only not frustrating way of doing it. P.s. I will then only join 5k+ GS groups obviously.

1 Like

last monday i got to kill yogg-1 ( most of the guildies had down it before ) and i honestly think i’m kinda done with ulduar – whole patch just didn’t sit quite right with me. . … changing server in what feels like a blizzard pushover, left the guild because didn’t like any of the merged people, and really just doing something i absolutely hate ( levelling ) because i rather be doing that, than wiping on vezzax for 15th time whatever reason. … … will waste time here until gta6 is released… …

1 Like

Unfortunately, if you are not a hardcore speedrun minmaxer you will either have a very, very small chance of ever killing Algalon (if accidentally your pug for normal modes turns out to be good enough to clear hard modes) or you will need to join a guild, preferably one that is still progressing, and work with them towards that goal. I think that’s OK, though.
Just like not everyone can be the Gladiator.

3 Likes

I think it’s more like:

‘Help, I ordered ingredients for a meal and they weren’t already prepared!’

1 Like

Join a guild, if you pug you also signup for grief, for time wasting, for rejection. People are so afraid of joining a guild they would rather put themselves through pure grief just to play the game, it’s nuts.

1 Like

The question… Is this solution really so simple? Because looking from personal perspective it’s really not.

Raiding guilds rarely look for just “anyone”. Even casual raiding guilds mostly look to fill up the holes in their roster so you better be of an appropriate class if you want a raid spot. Preferably rDPS like Affliction Warlock ir at worst Shadow Priest. Usually people of “not needed atm” classes are rejected or at best accepted as “social” members which means no guarantee on raids. Been a part of a guild like that. Worse we actually needed to pair with other smaller guilds for Naxx and well… That meant I was skipped entirely since they already had Healing/Tanking covered.

You’re only saying that because you’re not looking hard enough or you’re setting your sights too high. The number one guild killer is the roster boss, guilds are always recruiting to hold it off.

Look at the best guilds in the world and they are recruiting everything and anything if the right player (human behind the screen) is there to apply, now look at more normal guilds and you will see that guilds are just looking for other humans who will play the game so they can fill raids.

Yes everyone wants that extra Holy Paladin or Affliction Warlock, but you can be damned sure that unless you’re a tank with no offspec trying to join a guild that has 3 steady tanks, you’re going to be able to find yourself into a guild on most servers pretty quickly by just searching guilds on a server discord and contacting the ones that fit your schedule.

I think you’re being a pessimist. I was guildless after week 1 Naxx when my guild moved to Ashbringer and I stayed on Gehennas. I’m playing Fury Warrior, least desired class in Naxx and I was raiding with a new guild that next reset, raided with them every week since.

My guild has 2x25man raid teams (which are flexible) and runs 10mans 4 days a week to meet peoples schedules, and if none of that works out for you on a particular week you can STILL pug, but now you have the achievements and gear.

Just join a guild, they want you, doesn’t matter what class.

1 Like

Better question is, why would you want to kill a mere supervisor doing only his job? We all have to make living somehow.

3 Likes

Yet another ‘water is wet, I don’t like it!!’ thread from Dkellar. Been like that in wow since they announced achievements.

Algalon in pugs is a bit so so, some pugs one-shot it but most struggle and use up their one hour before he despawns.

I also doubt what you claim is true. Algalon is hard and anyone who claims otherwise is just trolling, so not having an Algalon kill is nothing bad. Your other HM kills? Yeah those might be a different story.

Care to share your actual char where you raid on? Cuz on Dkellar there is zero data to be found on warcraftlogs.

Also: get a guild and you’ll kill Algalon eventually :roll_eyes:

As if. In my previous guild I missed couple raids because they “Had enough Holy Paladins and no need for tank”.

And from what I can see on NK the ones in demand are Ranged DPS which is a role I can’t fill in for. When they look for tank they want an offtank with DPS spec and not Utility Prot/Holy.

Yeah I just want to freaking raid at least once per reset (since my work Schedule is sadly inflexible) but no PuG will take a Tank/Healer without experience (GS/Achi required) and in mid-range Naxx Gear. Except as I said all guilds I saw advertising want DPS and Ranged at that often with adnotation that they’re full on Paladins. Been in one where I was a backup member except well… Had to gear up on my own and even when I did I was often passed because “There were enough healers”

What thread will you whine at next?

Don’t cry to get a pre nerf raid next time :slight_smile:

Since when?

I sign up for PuG runs on the server discord and every week, full ulduar clear in like 3 hours.