How do you play?

How do you play the game?

Do you just play one character, that IS your game?

Do you play multiple but each character individually? Do you give them a story? A life? Is each one separated in your mind?

Do you play an account and don’t care for characters just the account progress?

Do you play a class?

For example I have 9 60s, however my most of my time is spent of my 4 Demon Hunters - one of each Covenant (all four are max renown) . I do have a main (this toon) but I only do dungeons, raids, quest lines first on the DH (I started with DH and I love DH, nothing else comes close for me) ., then the others are Mount runners or they might chase something class specific that I think is cool (Warebear for example)

Interested to hear replies.

4 Likes

Friend need weekly key, i help

Outside of that, i do professions & alt leveling

3 Likes

But do you play that character only? Do you play lots of the same class? Many of various classes?

You elitist, bragging about having friends!!!

11 Likes

F R I -ends what are they?

1 Like

i play BM beocurse it is slow paste class allowing me to multitask while playing .
i have like 7 hunters 5 of them are level 60 :stuck_out_tongue:

i have 5 hunters 5 druids 5 rogues , 3 dks , 2 warriors , 2 monks , 3 Dhs , 1 paladin ,2 magees , 3 warlocks , 1 shaman all level 60s

4 Likes

Main a druid, my 20+ lvl 60 alts are mission table slaves for now, i bring them out for stuff like korthia crystal farming

1 Like

I play a main, where I do all the completionist stuff such as grinding reps, doing achievements and collecting mounts. Also PvP, of course.
Then I have an alt on which I do PvP. I would have more PvP-alts if it wasn’t such a pain to gear them up. I have switched mains 2 times, first I was Elemental, then I played Blood and now I play Feral.

My current PvP-alt is a warlock. It was always an alt and I think it was my first one, but I did do green fire on it back in the day, so things like that I will do even if it isn’t my main. I tried playing a second druid, but it was too boring to gear multiple of the same class playing the same way, I rather just queue more games on my main then.

Also to answer a couple of your questions:

I do not play an account, I play my characters and I carefully choose which ones get attention. I have 3 or 4 now that aren’t just empty shells, but have a history and have seen proper play. I have a ton of lvl 40s from back in the day and a handful of 60s that just dinged and logged out.

The 3 or 4 proper characters have a little bit of a story going on, but nothing official :wink:

Poorly.

And after todays raid I might aswell no longer need to.

1 Like

Serves you right for faction changing to alliance.
[edit] Oops sorry, wrong person.

I used to main two characters at the same time, but life got busy, so I’m only maining one now. What I main, depends on a bunch of things. I tend to gravitate towards healers lately, but I have mained tank for two expansions, and mained DPS before that, too.

My main content is m+, I play it for fun. I don’t care about class, or progress either, really. I just want to have fun, is all. Right now, that fun happens to be pushing keys, and am enjoying my shaman a lot. Prior to that, I loved playing resto druid last season, and mistweaver in BfA. Prior to BfA, I had a break between end of WotLK and 8.1. In vanilla, I played warlock, and a shaman twink. In TBC, I played prot warrior. Started WotLK as the same prot warrior, but switched to DK for Ulduar and beyond. I had a few alts on the side (disc priest was my main alt in wotlk, didn’t really have anything in TBC), but didn’t play them much.

As for the future? I have no idea what I will be playing next season. Maybe the same shammy I main now, maybe something else, maybe I’ll quit. We’ll see. I’m not emotionally attached to my characters on unhealthy levels - I can leave them, and the game behind without a second thought and no regrets. I do have fond memories, however, and treasure those. I never delete characters I have fond memories of, just move them to the bottom of the character list. I do fear the day I reach the character limit, however… but then, maybe I’ll start another account!

I do have a lot of alts (16 max level toons at the moment, and a whole bunch of others at 50, waiting for 9.1.5), and some of them have decentish gear, in case I decide to switch mains. They’re nowhere near my main, but they have enough gear to hop into weekly +15s and not be a huge burden, and be able to pull their weight, as one would expect. I have switched mains during shadowlands a few times, and… the first was painful. So I learned my lesson, and keep some alts in reserve, to make any future switch much easier.

Some of my characters have a story, others don’t. Come to think of it, the only characters I have a story for, are my Gnomes (and Mechagnomes), and this druid (but even this druid has a mechagnome connection, hehehe).

:musical_note:friends will be friends :musical_note: seriously, good on ya for helping mates

1 Like

I don’t, the game is awful and makes negative progress in terms of development and meaningful content growth, I just pay my sub because I like to give Activision my money.

If you hate it so much, then just send me the monthly. I’ll buy beer or wine with it, better spent.

Alcohol is Haram.

I like giving my money to Activision, it excites me.

1 Like

<3

I play games mostly to play with my friends & help them out nowadays, if i want some singleplayer action i grab me drawing tablet and draw

1 Like

Because IRL commitments and work, I only have time to play 1 character now, and I don’t raid because I can’t guarantee attendance. I mostly play m+ and that’s mostly on weekend when I have time during the day.

In 9.0 I played 3 characters and raided with 2, but I had a bit more time then.

I avoid PVP because I try to relax when I play, and PVP triggers me.

I normally just queue for dungeons and do some little open world content, assault here and there and Korthia weekly etc.

1 Like

Ah to have friends. I envy you. I was not made for such things (in my 40s never had friends and likely never will). Enjoy.

Not to be rude, but if people play wow with no friends or even a guild that sounds so depressing to me

1 Like

I manage, have done since 2016 . I pug and have done so pretty well until recently. I have no friends irl or in game and my guild is a solo one.

I am autistic (anti-social) and an 'bad person generally ’ (cannot post no semi -rude words) really. but I love WoW.

I will join pugs and some times if (I am feeling good - anti depressants etc.) will join discord.

I do ok considering.