How does your character react to the Battle for Dazar'alor?

So, as people may know, the cinematics are rolling in for the new raid. My question is; how are you reacting to the events? I’m guessing that this is going to range from “I told you so” to “I told you so, Sylvanas-edition™”, but I’d still like to see what your character’s IC reactions are.

Also, are you participating in the battle directly as your character or are you hearing it from a second source? What is the first thing that your character hears and does this color their opinion? What things does your character only learn about later?

1 Like

:popcorn: (ten words)

2 Likes

Publically, Sellanor will say that this proves Sylvanas’ point. That the Alliance lashes out against those who are merely entertaining allying with the Horde, proving that they would have pre-emptively struck against the Horde with time.

But with this face;

i.imgur. com/Yq2d7gM.jpg

"Our fears have been confirmed! The Alliance lashes out against any who would even consider siding with the Horde! Consider if it had been us whom had been dealt the first blow? Who would have been the first to suffer the Alliance’s hatred?

"Who else but the blood elves would have suffered the first blow, if Jaina Proudmoore and Alleria Windrunner are the ones in the boy-king’s ears? A port city, just like Zul’dazar, punished for not believing the Alliance’s supposed splendour!

"Were it not for the Warchief’s actions, the Alliance would have a vice grip on Azerite across Azeroth and knocking at the gates of Quel’thalas within the decade! They would have claimed our precious sunwell to fuel a war against the Undercity!

“But the Warchief foresaw the Alliance’s treachery where her predecessors would not entertain it on principle. And here we are! All hail the Warchief! For Quel’thalas! For Zul’dazar!”

All the while thinking; “We (Quel’thalas) are next and we’re (I’m) so boned.”

3 Likes

It’s about time we stick it to 'em jumped-up frog lickers, if ya ask me!
~Olgard Cladheart

2 Likes

Angelus personally supports the attack on Dazar’alor, he even went to Zandalar and fought in the Argent Dawn Player ‘‘attack’’ we roleplayed out quite a while ago.

Angelus’ motivation for the attack was to remove the Zandalari as potential membership into the Horde and found the outcome to be rather disappointing.

The death of Rastakhan was something that should’ve been prevented but now will work on aiding the Alliance in further fronts.

1 Like

“Well, would you look at that? We are entirely justified with trying to wipe the alliance out.”

Croecell hears it second hand while she’s still recovering in Orgrimmar.

EDIT: As for other characters;

My undead priest laments, so much death. But she peaced out of the faction war at teldrassil and is busy hiding.

My Nightborne warrior is relieved that the Nightborne joined the horde before the alliance did this to Surumar. he may not agree with Sylvanas’ tactics but he reasons that she is right.

2 Likes

We will be participating directly. I’ve some neat plans using the actual raid!

2 Likes

My character still harbours grudges against the Zandalari, and considers Alliance and Zandalari killing eachother a win-win situation for the Horde!

1 Like

About time we had another troll genocide.

1 Like

Absolutely thrilled. The war is escalating and that’s exactly what Elenthas is after.

1 Like

"oh great, now that Undead girls going to try and sell me more ‘Troll artefacts’.

Won-da-ful.

I hate my life."

2 Likes

With great indifference. Being a loyal Forsaken I don’t worry about the living as any and all living are expendable or only useful when recruited into the ranks of the Forsaken. Any alliance with the living is an alliance of convenience anyway.
We can live anywhere, we don’t even need to breathe, we will wait, we will win in the end. Everyone else is irrelevant.

(Wouldn’t let me edit earlier post so made new one.)

I don’t role play all that much on Vashnu these days. In fact today was the first time I slapped on her Ruby Rhinestones and went to see what I could find in a long time.

I do however like to imagine that Vashnu might have been present for the assault… not as a hero or even a soldier, just there to casual loot and plunder the city while the fight rages on. Maybe knock over a few Loa shrines or something.

($)_($) in ten charactes

When the Alliance posters are more bloodthirsty than the Horde

where’d it go wrong fellas

11 Likes

The Alliance tried to recreate the Horde assault on Teldrassil, but in several ways are failing to do it. The Horde drew the Alliance to Silithus (on the other end of the continent) rather than Nazmir. They killed a large number of their own soldiers, including one of their best, in order to sell the diversion (the Horde had zero casualties from diverting the fleet).

Dreadbore recognises this, and also that the Alliance don’t have the bottle to follow through and burn down Dazar’alor. If this is their big play, they are going to lose.

3 Likes

The Alliance will surely be Irritated and frustrated with the losses they had and that Zandalar still stands strong despite this attack. As the Great Irritator, this pleases me.

1 Like

Betti would be smarting over the fact that her Trade Prince hammered Mekkatorque into the ground with good old Goblin technology and she’d also not really feel much pain in the death of the King. As far as she’s concerned he wasn’t very good at his job and she’s heard that with his Loa’s death he was dying anyway.

2 Likes

"Lordaeron. Darkshore. Dazar’alor. Little by little, the Horde will learn the gruesome mistake they made when they put the torch to Teldrassil. When they, in their arrogance, believed the Alliance so easy to crush.

When the Banshee Queen lays dead and broken on the ground, they will truly know how wrong they were."

2 Likes

It won’t exactly impress him with the so-called might of the Zandalari Empire.