How does your character react to the Battle for Dazar'alor?

If I’m honest, mostly antagonistic. She’ll mainly focus on Mekkatorque, and see the absence of some of the higher-up Alliance officials (Genn, Anduin) as a betrayal. Raes likes to play the victim and human scheming has just seen her King frozen, she won’t be happy.

(If the opportunity arises, I might roleplay her being there. It’d be a good way to segway into 8.2 for me.)

3 Likes

Death to the Horde!

1 Like

Psh… while my character is indirectly involved, she’s more concerned with happenings closer to home. That said…

I’ve vowed to have my character somehow pay homage to Blademaster Telaamon because that questline made me sad and I had mad respect for him since he opened his mouth.

Vengeance for Telaamon!

Melch reasons the horde are dangerous and its necessary to remove them from Azeroth (literally or politically) under Sylvanas reign.

He doesn’t consider directly seizing Dazar’alor the beat strategy and he believes it will only push the Zandalari towards the horde, which belies the point if the exercise. This said, as a soldier with millennia of military drilling, he knows better than to contradict the chain of command.

There’s now more personal motivation to keep pushing on this course. Firstly it has begun, so to change course now would be nonsensical. Second, Telaamon’s sacrifice demands recognition, he gave his life for this cause, and as one of Melchs superiors this attests to the worthiness of the goal, even if on a personal note Melch believes the way this has been executed has been rather poor.

He won’t directly be involved in the warfare, but tending to the triage around and just off the field for certain.

4 Likes

Couldn’t give a sh!t

The Trolls deserved it. I’m the Alliance man, kill them all.

2 Likes

Aggitated and concerned. Tal’enthiel doesn’t care about trolls or their king dying, but he wanted the Golden Fleet as an assurance that the Alliance and Kul Tiran navy couldn’t take any action against Quel’Thalas. With that decimated, his homeland is feeling pretty vulnerable as of right now.

1 Like

"They never learn…were -we- not enough of an example? Attack a neutral people and you drive them to seek aid, and what aid is there against the monolithic force of the Alliance? Only the Horde… It seems the Alliance has not learned the lessons by their nonsensical incursions into Quel’thalas, by their needless antagonization and threats towards the Shalassian ruler, but now, they compound the mistakes of the past, by directly attacking a whole people and killing their King? Oh masterfully done, Proudmoore, first driving the Sunreavers back to the fold, and now the Zandalari firmly into our allegiance, you truly are a masterful recruitment agent…

For the Horde."

Its actually going to shift Brigante’s mind a bit. He was gravely uncomfortable about the Blood War, and the Horde’s actions in it. This however, is outright Alliance aggression. “We’re attacking your country and killing your King because you were -thinking- about working with the Horde”. I mean that has -never- backfired, ever…

Its kind of proving Sylvanas right, not in her methods, but in her reasoning, and it also proves Lor’themar right, with what he says during MoP. “The Horde exists -because- of the Alliance”.

So yeah, its a massive ‘own goal’ by the Alliance in my eyes, they force the Zandalari into the Horde, give reason for the Zandalari to regard the Alliance as an imperialist aggressor, and reaffirms the waverers that actually, Sylvanas has a point…There -can- be no peace, whilst the Alliance exists.

However, on the same note, Kudos to Blizzard for making the Alliance the bad guys for once, people on both sides have been asking for this for ages, it is genuinely good to see them be the aggressors. Plus…Gelbin!

3 Likes

Like if Sylvanas didn’t do exactly the same thing with attacking Brennadam earlier in this expansion before Kul Tiras had declared anything of returning to the fold. Then there’s the matter of the Horde already using Zandalar as a staging ground of sorts.

You seem to be confused, that was a Quillboar attack in Brennadam.

2 Likes

Kul Tiras has been at war with the Horde since the Third War. Not sure why retaliation years after war was declared is a problem?

8 Likes

It’s a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy though, having started the whole thing herself. Personally I’m hoping , while Anduin wants to spare the civilians, you’ll have plenty of dissidents in the attacking force doing otherwise. To lend us some of that morally gray stuff!

1 Like

Brennadam was a civilian target; the second largest centre of commerce on Kul Tiras.

About as civillian as camp taurajrajarjo.

1 Like

Did anyone use this term in-game ever since Sylvanas nuked Teldrassil?

Honestly I find it asinine and irrelevant at this stage.

1 Like

So were the Echo Isles. Brennadam was just retaliation for the attempted extermination of the Darkspear trolls.

3 Likes

Someone already goes around IC to tell people about the Battle… Though personally I tend to aknowledge that something is happening IC only with the first wing opening and the same thing ending with the last LFR wing opening…

So naturally Raenaya only belived this guy was speaking some lies and would not belive that the Alliance is stupid enough to siege a city that has no loyality - something that is not yet part of the horde…

When she figures however that the City IS indeed under attack, it’ll be a big massive facepalm and probably along the lines of
“So they truely ARE that stupid… concerning… most concerning… Whenever I agree with the Warchiefs previous actions or not… NOW is the time we must stand unite. The Alliance will taste the full might of the horde with no remorse… If you spoke out for or against the Queen, now is not the time to question any further… but do what you must and stand unite to protect those that you care for… Unfortunate for them I am Illidari no longer and will stop at nothing to slay the enemies of Silvermoon!”

2 Likes

The Alliance has been at war with the Zandalar since… Well, a pretty long time.

And someone please explain to me how this quotes stuff works now. Bugs out every single time. :frowning:

2 Likes

Select the words you wanna quote with your mouse, click quote, skip a line, then write under it.

1 Like

Yeah, that was actually originally a Quillboar attack, as otherwise some of the dialogue makes no sense “They’ve come back again!” Ermm, You wot? The Horde have never attacked Brennadam before? It got rewritten as a Horde attack later on, but some of the dialogue wasn’t. Its a bit peculiar, but then we have seen Blizz forget to change dialogue before after changing the story Aethas shifts nervously

Has that happened? Yeah, I personally feel that would be…jumping the gun somewhat, but then, what do I know, Brigante still thinks Saurfang died at Undercity…

1 Like