How Draenei Lore could have developed/How I as Draenei fan found a solution how a kind of draenei as allied race for horde would work

Ok, I have here and there read about thoughts that some people want a kind of eredar, draenei-like race, so that horde could “finally” have them too in a way. Surely, lorewise it would be difficult to explain, with them first being demonic servants of the legion and then, as they were abandoned by Sargeras, why would they think: ok, we’re alone now, we need a new leader (with all that power they already have).

I am not even sure if Blizzard is going to read this after all and take it in consideration what I will write next, but let’s cross fingers and hope for that one in a million or whatever chance.

My idea is not about eredar left alone, it is rather about a kind of dispute within the draenei people on old, original draenor as in wod. And why will this make sense in the following lines below? I remember the Mag’har recruiting quest line. There you have draenei recruiting some orcs to fight aside them with the light against other orcs. SO, you could also do it the other way around, some draenei rejecting the light and fight aside the mag’har, having discovered a way stronger connection to the elements than to the light. Yes, it makes sense. Orcs have extremely powerful shamans, draenei have shamans too, so why not, lorewise? I mean, the deeper the connection to the elements becomes, the further it might take this special part of the draenei away from the light… Considering intertribal disputes within other races, this can happen to draenei too. A part of differently believing Draenei also makes sense from another point of view, comparing them with the night elves. Think of how the nightborne came to be. The nightborne were those city dwelling nightelves, who embraced magic more than the druidism of their more inland-living relatives.

So, I imagine Draenei live everywhere, including the shores of Draenor. This part of the draenei people, having villages at the waters, does not only live at it, but on it too, they have kind of “fallen in love” with the sea. The dispute with their brethren was about using normal magic and the elements instead of the light. Their extensive practice of shamanism came from intense contact with some orcish clans. These sea folk draenei were convinced, that they would not need the naaru anymore, living mainly on or at the dark, wide waters. They kept on focusing more on the elemental ways, becoming even more powerful shamans. The elements and normal magic would just help them better out on the dark oceans, when they were navigating through the waves to discover these vast expanses.

Since I have no idea about draenei language because of the lack of dictionaries, I just call this “tribe” seafolk.

This would also explain, why their draenei cousins were slowly forgetting them, not mentioning them anymore in their chronicles and history writing, just like as with a dispute within a family, where one does not want to have to do anything with the others anymore.

As they were living on the dark waters, their bodies began to change, giving them darker skin in comparison to their kin, as adaption to the all times present sunlight. As time went by, they lived their lives in peace. Until this one day. At the horizon, they saw a strange, green light. They were curious, what it could have been, navigating their ships towards it. After many years at sea, they set foot on land again, yet, they were not welcome by their other land-living draenei relatives. In fact, there was still enormous disdain to be seen from them, they never forgave the seafolk for giving up the naaru. With a heavy heart, they set sail again, looking for the only other people, they last knew being friendly towards them: The Mag’har orcs. Luckily, this tribe of orcs still kept on following the old ways, not having forgotten who the seafolk actually were within their hearts: peace-loving shamans of the sea. From these orcs, the seafolk got to hear that some of the other orc tribes began working together with demons, and some others again were forming a nonetheless still hostile resistance, the iron horde. Nothing the mag’har and their friends, the frostwolf clan, wanted to have to do something with. Soon, the conflict began to threaten whole draenor, and thus also the life of the seafolk. As their kin did reject them, they saw no other way than to side with the orc clans who refused to join the demons or the iron horde. After some time, they met a powerful mage called Khadgar, leading a resistance against the the demonic and iron savages. After a long time, when the demons and iron horde were finally driven back, the seafolk heard, that their old mag’har friends wanted to connect with orcish friends in the world were Khadgar came from. First, they were hesitant, because it was about leaving their world and going to places unknown. But after long years of consideration and discussing, they too sent some ambassadors of their people to where the mag’har ambassadors went, offering to fight aside the horde in return for having helped them against the demons and the evil iron orc clans. They arrive in a world where the horde is no longer led by a warchief, instead a council of leaders making decisions. But still, they see familiar things in the Horde city, Orgrimmar. Shamanism as they have been heavily embracing it over the years at sea and shore, is also part of the new Horde.

Classes that would make sense at this constellation would be: Warrior, (death knight), hunter, shaman, rogue, mage. No paladins and priests for these draenei, since they abandoned the light. Instead, the shadows of the sea gave them the power to become rogues!

I have no idea if Blizzard will take this seriously, but this seems like a better explanation to me how the horde get a kind of draenei without meaning demonic eredar.

I don’t think that they will ever add other races from respectable faction to another. It’s likely that they’re done with adding races, and if they would they’d add something completely new.

Sooner Mogu would join than space goats.

Yrel should join the horde imagine all the pissed of alliance posters :smiley:
oh and the mag’har will be totally fine with it because reasons

Draenei are not taking any big parts in a war against the Horde. Where they were when Teldrassil was burning? I was always wondering, do Alliance really need them?
But, they will not going to join the Horde also. Because as I remmeber, after Teldrassil Saurfang was planning to attack on Exodar and Nordrassil. So, the Horde really count Draeneis as hard coded Alliance race.

But still I will agree to change them on Nightborns! We got 2 of them anyways :wink:

The draenei were recovering after the Argus campaign, which took a heavy toll on their army.

which makes very little sense considering 99.9 % of the troops we see on argus are lightforged not regular ones

honestly its as bad as their ship running out of fuel lore excuse when the ship originally never had access to that power source in the first place and even if you can’t fire the mega laser you should have access to everything else

1 Like

I have the perfect Warcraft™ approved solution right here on hand:

Horde gets Man’ari because they’re RED.
Alliance keeps Draenei because they’re BLUE.

It’s deep, nuanced and pays respectful homage to the fundamental pillars of catatonic faction rivalry and their underlying heraldry in a meaningful and satisfying way that highlights the symbolic virtues of … :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

The only real fitting guess I could say was; maybe there was a faction of Draenei from Alternate Draenor that managed to get away from the all consuming light and they join the Horde as opponents of this Army of Light/Lightforged way of life.

The question is however how viable/desirable is it to put a Draenei variant in the Horde?
Broken would be a great fit otherwise

At this point I genuinely don’t understand why people would prefer a continuation of Horde and Alliance to some irrelevant PvP teams like red banner and blue banner.

Oh well, but I don’t understand why people like draenei, either, so what do I know?

I assume the Vindicaar wasn’t empty when it launched for Argus. The normal Draenei may be a bit misrepresented on Arus, but when you first land you see the Draenei at least have a sizeable force on Argus.

but that makes very little sense we already know what tempest keep runs on and the exodar is a satellite of it argo it should not be running on any form of argus crystals and since the vindicaar was made from the wreckage of the exodar it begs the question how did it run out of fuel :stuck_out_tongue: when the fuel as far as tempest keep goes seem to be just huge amounts of mana

I didn’t say anything about the fuel of the Vindicaar.

But I’m going to take a guess here. Argunite is a potent kind of crystal. Crystal technology is a huge thing for the Draenei/Naaru. I dare to wager that Argunite is not necessary for the Vindicaar to fly/travel. However, seeing as there are no other viable sources of energy on Argus and because Argunite is indeed very potent, they used that.

Edit: not necessary as in they can use other types of crystals, too.

the only thing the argunite would be power is the mega laser everything else like the original defense system should work without it and maybe the sigil that provides the super shield thats it

We don’t know this, really. Argunite seems to power the entire ship, from shields over lasers to its ability to fly/move. The Sigil seemingly amplified the enrgy even further (at least that’s my take on it).

it was flying moving without since its not like they had access to any if you paid attention to the lore they had no time to load up any when they ran from argus with the naaru

honestly its just a lame excuse by the writers to not have it do anything

I did pay attention to the lore and

1. when the Draenei fled from Argus they were assisted by 2 (at least) Naaru, while the Vindicaar didn’t have a Naaru.
  2. the Vindicaar was in no way as advanced as the Xenedar and similar vessels
  3. As I said, they could probably use any kind of crystal to fuel the Vindicaar, but Argunite was the best (and only) viable crystal present on Argus.

no the point i was making they had no access to such crystals when building the the ship thus it shouldn’t be running on such crystals its pretty simple really you can’t have the ship relay on something you don’t have unless your telling me velen predicted everything and had the ship built for crystals he didn’t have :stuck_out_tongue:

I adressed this already, though. The Vindicaar can probably run on any type of crystal. So for the journey to Argus they likely used something like Arkonite or similar. But once there they wouldn’t have brought enough Crystals too keep going for too long. But then they probably already knew about Argunite (having lived there once) and could use that instead.

really ?

“Every spare moment, every resource, has gone toward the birth of a new vessel.”

velen: guys we don’t need to pack any fuel into our ship that got all our resources because i’m sure we’ll find some on argus