How furry are you?

I have one character of every class that can be a Draenei… as a Draenei.
Vulpera: 3 (Rogue, Hunter, Shaman)
Worgen: 3 (Rogue, Warrior, Warlock)
Yes, I have uncurable altoholism. Also, apparently I seem to be quite the furry.

Edit:
Forgot to count my lizard wizard, as I don’t really play her anymore. I don’t really like how the class feels.

2 Likes

That is definitely not true. :stuck_out_tongue:

The furries thing is way old. Waaaaay old. Like, viking age (I’m danish) levels old.

Loki for example loves turning into animals to screw with people and make their lives miserable. And it can be pretty funny. And let’s not even get started on Greek mythology where practically every monster is some kind of anthropomorphic animal. Medusa, Minotaur, Satyr, Centaur, you name it. Then again, being gay was also common in Athens 2000 years ago.

But honestly I don’t think “LGBT” is woke. Woke is something else entirely.

1 Like

Except that little “prank” with the stallion Svaðilfari
But Sleipnir is a good boi

1 Like

From one to two Rs’.

Tho seriously Blizzard. Give alliance paladin furries!

Edit: Somehow wrote worgen instead of alliance.

2 Likes

I have a high mountain tauren warrior I made back in BFA to farm Warfront mogs, I have a tauren shaman but to me tauren are more mythological creatures than furries.

I have a worgen rogue which was made a long time ago to see their intro quests. I’d even play it if they add a weaponless option, so I can play it like an actual werewolf or as close as it gets.

The fox things, can’t stand the sight of them, don’t have one.

There any race I missed?

only got 1 vulpera that i play as & i only made that one so that i could cosplay sly cooper.
i do also have a couple of dracthyr, but i havent given them a serious chance yet as they feel a bit too squishy for my taste.

1/10.
This char was just a random pick at the time aftr i changed char i posted on when the forums updated.

I used to post on a female orc deathknight before that.

Did these forums end up being merged with the hub or something?

Only counting max-level chars:

• Vulpera monk
  • Vulpera shaman
  • Vulpera rogue
  • Vulpera mage
  • Vulpera hunter
  • Worgen priest
  • Worgen DK
  • High Mountain Tauren warrior
  • High Mountain Tauren druid
  • Night Elf druid
  • Dracthyr

Leveling a Vulpera priest at the moment. :smiley:

Btw, I really hope Blizz will add Vulpera druids some day!

1 Like

I first ever heard the terminology being used a couple of years ago, right around the time they were pushing trans ideology onto everyone.

If it existed for ages, why did Blizzard just recently which the choice from male or female to Body Type One or Body Type Two in-game?

There is nothing wrong with someone being a furry but playing a character in a game does not make one a furry.

I have seen the most amazing fursuits out there. Insane how good some of them are.

1 Like

I heard it first in like 1994 and I was 4 years old lol. It’s been around a long time, but just because the term didn’t exist before the 70’s, you can bet people were dressing up as animals anyway.

PS: Before anyone asks, no I do not have a fursuit :slight_smile: And I do not visit furry sites either.

The furry fandom has nothing to do with “body type 1” and “body type 2”. The furry fandom is no more or less than people who enjoy using anthropomorphic animals in just about everything. Enjoying a story like Disney’s Robin Hood because of its character design is basically enough to qualify, though most of them have some sort of avatar that they identify with as well.

It has NOTHING to do with wokeness. At all.

According to Wikipedia

The furry fandom has its roots in the underground comix movement of the 1970s, a genre of comic books that depict explicit content.[5] In 1976, a pair of cartoonists created the amateur press association Vootie, which was dedicated to animal-focused art. Many of its featured works contained adult themes, such as “Omaha” the Cat Dancer, which contained explicit sex.[6] Vootie grew a small following over the next several years, and its contributors began meeting at science fiction and comics conventions.

According to fandom historian Fred Patten, the concept of furry originated at a science fiction convention in 1980,[7] when a character drawing from Steve Gallacci’s Albedo Anthropomorphics started a discussion of anthropomorphic characters in science fiction novels. This led to the formation of a discussion group that met at science fiction conventions and comics conventions.

The specific term furry fandom was being used in fanzines as early as 1983, and had become the standard name for the genre by the mid-1990s, when it was defined as “the organized appreciation and dissemination of art and prose regarding ‘Furries’, or fictional mammalian anthropomorphic characters”.[8] However, fans consider the origins of furry fandom to be much earlier, with fictional works such as Kimba, the White Lion, released in 1965, Richard Adams’ novel Watership Down, published in 1972 (and its 1978 film adaptation), as well as Disney’s Robin Hood as oft-cited examples.[7] Internet newsgroup discussion in the 1990s created some separation between fans of “funny animal” characters and furry characters, meant to avoid the baggage that was associated with the term “furry”.[9]

Well that’s an origin story for the “furry fandom” and it’s about as old as the internet for a reason.

People actually doing what the furry fandom is known for is way older.

Indeed
It is like saying, playing a female character in a game makes you a girl

3 Likes

I’m sure you are a Warlock IRL!

2 Likes

I swear officer that goat was dead on that altar when I arrived!

1 Like

Someone who thinks they are a cat is somehow different from a woman who thinks she’s a man?

Delete this before the trans community sees it.

Tomcat or queen?