How is shadow priest doing?

Hi yall,

Currently im leveling my spriest as voidweaver and I enjoy it. Do you guys enjoy it aswell? Do you think its strong?

In dungeons everybody is out dpsing me tho… kinda frustrating but Im only 78 rn.

Also I kinda miss mind sear or an aoe spell which you can cast whenever you want…

Lmk your opinion

1 Like

No, dislike it very much. Few specs I find as boring/annoying as sp.

No idea.

Yea, would make the spec feel a lot better. Not sure what the best solution is, but current design feels awful to me.

I would say that in general it is ok.
You actually deal good damage with your spells (read: Halo + MF:I, Void weaver).

You are also a bit more tankier than before thanks to some hero talents.

But none of the fundamental problems with the spec are gone. You have 0 burst mobility, and have poor mobility in general.

You have to cast pretty much almost all of your damage, and it takes a long while for your burst to come online.

Your dispel protection is non-existant.

As for our talent trees, they are in general bloated with 2 point nodes and low-impact abilities.

1 Like

I miss having any aoe at all. And a competent dev team.

just make shadow spells like DA VF instant cast and halo too then give us casting while in dispersion like paladin bubble there fixed pvp and pve for you.

Holy smoke what did they do to this class!!! It’s totally butchered and feels super clunky to play, with a few…FEW hightlights. Feels like the devs want to try something out, something new, and it’s not really working well.
Checked out rotations and specc and I just don’t like this playstyle that leaves you with a dissatiesfied feeling. SP used to be pretty good.
My other casters are doing a whole lot better.
I played shadowpriest for quite some years (though not as a main char), but sp style is not new to me.
It’s right out horrible now so I will choose another main class for TWW…sadly

Why can’t Blizzard let something be that’s working? I think Sp was good in DF and it should have been good in TWW as well but when you don’t even want to lvl up the class something is wrong. That btw never happened to me with any other class.

Sp needs some serious attention and some love. DH get so much love - send some of it over to this class:-P

Right now I don’t know. My stormbringer ele is awesome with finally the lightning fantasy and cool new tempest spell .

SP I play a lot generally: At 77 now and have played both specs. I like the voidwesver Idea and visuals, but hate the short window to do void blasts and the DP rift expanding. I just want the rift to maybe do less damage and last longer. Also it’s basically an empowerment like void form but doesn’t connect with it.

Archon is intriguing. I thought I’d hate it but it could be something special. 4 buffed Mindflay insanities each kicking out ghosts? Halo debuffing your enemies? I think it could be an unsung hero. Just watched a pvp video where the guy takes it in arena and never dies. I want to play it more.

when tank pulls 30 - 40 adds your literally saying goodbye for when he constantly moving, And everything is hard cast DA VF HALO. Make them instant cast Literally they were instant cast, constantly low health feels weak.

Also for pvp make Mind Spike of insanity instant cast, as it was in season 2 of Dragonflight.

They should also make us be able to cast during dispersion.

1 Like

Playing archon shadowpriest in pvp and the damage is nuts. Im really enjoying what theyve done with spriest.

1 Like

Worst part they took away from the game was Instant halo and Void form and Dark Ascension. And removing mind sear

Have to admit haven’t played ele scince Legion but, I’m definitely considering it after testing it out past day or two. Don’t even have all the stormbringer hero talents yet the class feels really good to play with all those lightning procs.

1 Like

Just hit 80 on mine definitely going for it with archon

1 Like

Feels absolutely dreadful. Worst experience I’ve ever had attempting to do dungeons and considering abandoning it for something better for the first time ever.

Depends if only low numbers piss you off, you should wait until the hc tuning kicks in

If talents mechanic or rotation botter you move on

Considering we’ve only had dungeons where everything dies when you look at it, yes it’ll be a bad experience as spriest. It’s more fun when things actually live long enough for you to start doing your rotation.

It’s funny how people complain about issues with spriest, as an Outlaw main I’m glad I swapped to spriest because it’s a breath of fresh air that has few problems comparably.

Right now SP raiding-wise is in a really bad spot.
Just looking at the logs, SP is in the bottom 3 dps and our top 75% are outclassed by the MEDIAN of 6 other classes.
Which basically means that even if you’re an above average player other classes will in most cases outdps you without really putting in any effort.
Even if you don’t look at dps alone, shadow doesn’t have much going for it, basically only PI and Leap.
Our mobility is really bad as well, yea we have Feathers and B&S but since almost the whole kit of shadow requires us to stand still and cast, running from A to B is just a really bad way to get around since we can’t maintain our DPS while doing so.
Right now I don’t see how anybody would want a shadow priest in their raid group.

1 Like

From my point now, I can say I dont feel that much differance from Dragonflight. And I do enjoy how it feels spellwise. Everything matches up in good rotation, feather and shield for alot of movement.

I cant see how alot of people are complaining and saying " we are poop" as we are not really that bad. Never been bottom top 3 in fights compared to other DPSers now.
I say its all about how good you and they play their class.

Its all about knowing the fight, push the right cooldowns in the rights time, hold your rotation good and its fine.

And with the new 6% dmg increase we will be good… Also, we are in the start of a new season, M+ coming tomorrow, that will bring down the pace of mass-pulling as M0 and Heroic are.

During raids you dont do that bad as shadow from what I done and feel.

Soo from me, where do we stand raid-wise?
Well, in the middle. not that good, not that bad. But just B+ / A- compared to others.

From Mythic+:
I dont know, we havent even started…

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI7DL23AYKA

My thoughts.

Remove void torrent Add it in to mind flay / mind spike Empowered instead.
Then you solved the movement speed issue then you can run while casting Mind flay and mind spike.

Then buff the mind bender talent in Voidweaver to always spawn when you crit during mind blast and shadow word death.

Then make DA instant cast and Void form too.

I explain that in the video.

Nerf down Entropic rift some.

1 Like

There will always be someone worse than you. Best to check is overall performance and compare that. These results show that at least in raid spriest is not doing very well, and it gets worse when you consider how bad AoE/cleave is on spriest. Being limited to 8 vampiric touch debuffs on shadow crash (which is a skill shot already), and basically being unable to consistently AoE makes it feel horrible.

Hard to base stuff on M0, but I’ll try anyway. The burst of other specs, especially melee, is incredibly high. In pulls with more than 8 mobs you’re taking at least 6~8 seconds to set everything up, at that point any melee has already been pushing 1m dps and you’re practically at 0. It would take the pack to live at least 30 seconds for you to catch up, but by then most melee already got some form of burst back.

Afaik the point of spriest is that setting up everything is supposed to be rewarding, but by the time I can start blasting I have to start re-dotting everything. The maintenance burden just to get to do your DPS in M+ is way too high. Even if they increased your dot damage by 300% it wouldn’t be enough to justify.

I’m happy to be proven wrong though.

Reroll mage, they will never be bad. Until you put DoTs and IF tank doesn’t move out of your shadow crash, everything is dead or about to die. You AoE is do single target dmg and if there are targets with your dots around they will get some of that dmg but that keeps getting nerfed 80 times per month. Voidweaver is super unplayable cause your rift doesn’t hit anything if targets are not standing in one spot 24/7 and it’s too slow to follow them. if you want to play something with DoTs play Assa rogue or Affliction warlock.

2 Likes

well you have to think whether you just dmg the 8 targets that you hit with shadow crash or you have the time to set up even bigger aoe.
for the most part in current dungeons you dont need to dot more than 8 targets
and with the current dungeon tuning, you dont have that many cases where the tank actually will pull more than 8 targets.

regardless i thin shadow crash should have 10s cd and no cap