How much gearscore for BFD?

SoD was cleared (correct me if I am wrong) in less then 48h after lunch? How much GS you think they had? Oh yes you right no one cared about that I was easily invited to BFD pug run after getting fiew items from 5-man dungs, so that + potions + afking in Darnassus for 2 min for buff and some tacts awareness is 101% enough, gl&hf!

3 Likes

No gearscore requirement. If you’re not feeling secure enough go watch a guide on YT.

i mean, to help you out another way, probably worth saying, the missing slots you cant find, you can probably fill by getting honored/revered with the ashenvale pvp event by spamming them.

You can get Head, Neck, Ring, Weapons, Cape, Trinket and maybe some more, from the PVP vendor. this will give you some stats and bump up your gearscore by filling in the missing stats.

but that out the way, as people are jumping on you for… Gearscore is an illusion for some gear, for example you can wear the PVP helm, that reduces damage in WSG battleground, but awards ZERO stats outside of that, it still adds +30 to your Gearscore, but doesnt give you any stats to buff your damage/health etc.

So dont measure your character tooo hard on Gearscore, Your best bet is to Google, Pre-Raid BiS for your spec in SoD , this will often provide a webpage with a guide explaining the best items available for you before you step food in the raid, just understand that you DO NOT NEED any/all of them to be honest, get some, as it will help you but dont stress about getting them all before trying the raid out as its probably only relevant for another 3-5 weeks anyways.

If there was a IQ addon i would use it, since there isnt im using gearscore one

2 Likes

Gearscore belongs in wrath and stays there gtfo with that just say u suck at the game it’s fine

3 Likes

Thank you for this exactly what I was looking for!

excuse me? xD

True it’s belongs in wrath nothing else GS means nothing in classic a item with a lower ilvl value can ez be better than a higher one

220+

And say you have meh greench…

Dont use gearscore. It does barely work in wotlk and it really does not work in SoD. For every person asking and using gearscore there are 10 laughing at the people for doing so. Dont be a clown

3 Likes

I tanked BFD on my warrior, with the only dungeon I had done was Deadmines. Went perfectly fine. Just buy a couple of shadow resist potions.

As a fellow warlock, you might struggle to get in pugs regardless of gear i am afraid. We are already down the point where most pugs requires meta specs and BiS comp (tank = warrior / healer= priest / dps= rogue, hunter, warrior, feral).

I suggest you find a nice guild that let casters raid. Both Tanking and Fire Destro are nice.

It really depends on the leader. But a good rule of thumb is if you still need anything from the raid your GS is too low to do the raid.

1 Like

You can do it in whites, people asking for GS have a skill issue, or don’t want to carry you if its a semi guildrun.

1 Like

That’s some weird response. You can also 5 man it too, so why do even need 10 people??

People try to filter out the outright trash from their groups, so it won’t end up being a 2 hour run instead of 40 minutes one.

It’s completely fine - they pick the best geared players for their PuGs. And quite frankly - if some of the people they pick manipulate their GS, then grats - at least you have picked a player that has a clue, that in itself is worthwhile.

And yes BFD is ezmode. Does not mean, however, that it’s invalid to try and get better geared players for the run, with all the faults of it. It’s better than nothing, after all.

I acknowledged that

Completely fine with it, we downright booted people and 9-8 manned it to avoid having people soak up loot for not contributing.

Theres’ nothing wrong with pugs trying to filter out bad players that backpeddal into the group on the first boss and knock off everyone.

I’m lucky not needing to pug, ever, seeing some of the requirements and downright crazy demands of some groups always gets a chuckle out of me. Yesterday I saw a dude spamming lfg for hours demanding GS that you would only get almost fully geared, and in the same breath mentions all epics are reserved, GL finding a group that way.

Good, but it has nothing to do with the fact that people simply don’t want to waste their time.

BFD PuG applicants are dime a dozen, especially DPS. No point taking people who are simply not geared enough and carry them as a PuG.

Gearscore guarantees nothing, but at the very least it’s some form of quick reference, as opposed to “trust me bro”.

you need around 350 gs and 2.5k rio. Also being 7/7 exp

Dnt know. I never used gearscore

Forget GS in SoD, its trash.

The taco tip addon doesn’t even get the values right. The new epic Gear is at 5 GS and the blues are also low.
I’m like 3 pieces from BIS and the addon says I have a GS of 265. I had a GS of 320 two weeks ago with way worse gear.

The GS addon is a IQ addon.

If their using it, their IQ is low. If theyve never heard of it, their prolly a safe invite.