How much gearscore for BFD?

The contrary is true.

If someone never heard of GS - then they are a total noober you’re better off skipping.

There is this perverse, let’s say, “counter-elitism” against addons.

Believe it or not - not using addons or not knowing about some known addons like GS - only means that a person in question probably does not use/know of many other things… including raid mechanics or how to optimally gear and play their class.

Or mentally block out stupidity.

GS by default is stupid, the fact the addon has been proven to rate in some cases Worse gear as a higher GS value means you are by default going to equipt bad gear.

You can hear the words “GS”. And simply allow it to fall out your mind.

Preach even said during one of his videos he had never heard of raiderio for the a loong period of its existence.

Not because he doesnt use addons or raid mechanics. But because you just dont pay attention to stupid stuff.

1. If a person responds to you in Classic they don’t know what gear score is, then bruh - they are literally clueless and instant decline. Because THAT is even more basic, than things like going to class discord and checking the meta, gearing and priority lists.
  2. GS is not “supid” it’s simply a tool that provides data. It’s up to a player how to interpret that data. Players are stupid, GS is just an addon - not your AI assistant brain replacement.
1 Like

Eh.

Everyone knows if their characters are or arent well geared. What your susposed to wear is on a 1000 guides.

GS exists to “protect” raid leaders from a player lying about their equipted gear, if your someone who actively raids among a premade or a guild the likelyhood is you prolly dont run into GS alot.

1 Like

Hhaaah…

Man… You couldn’t be more wrong about it. Why I’d give you a counter-claim: most WoW players don’t know wtf they are doing with their characters, let alone what optimal gear is.

ESPECIALLY prevalent for casters. Just look at them memers stacking INT/STA blues that give near 0 DPS, while skipping all the +spellpower greens.

Believe it or not, not knowing that GS means nothing in vanilla only means that person in question dont know how to optimally gear and play their class.
Easy examples what is better Runeblade of Baron Rivendare or Dreadforge Retaliator one is a meme and one is a really good wepon, the one that is a meme have higher ilvl and therfor higher GS aswell

It means exactly what I said it means - it’s a basic knowledge check failure in 2023 World of Warcraft.

It’s like someone would tell you that they don’t know what Weak Auras, Details or DBM/BigWigs are.

It’s like ABC of WoW nowadays. Not knowing your alphabet is a problem.

I simply beleive players like to act stupid to get pity :slight_smile:

Im sorry, but we all know if we are in level 14 greens at 25, we prolly missing upgrades.

If you dont know how to google your classes pre bis gear, then your gear wont be the problem. Ur IQ will be

Just go to your class discord and check what’s going on there in the spec thread.

You are too generous about players in WoW and especially in Classic WoW, most people you see ingame are bloody clueless.

That’s why I make ~250g per day flipping AH while working from home, because they just keep posting them “useless” greens for like 40s, that actually are worth 20-30 gold.

People don’t know sht and don’t understand sht, least of all how to properly gear and play their characters. I’d even go as far as bet that 75% of people playing Classic WoW - did not even read one guide about their class/spec, let alone join class discord.

Berny did BDF with green items and no rings / head / neck / no trinkets / wrong spec / no consumes / no wbuffs / no shadow pots / and playing hybryd heals+dmg.

Gear score is for wrath babies.

Nobody argues that you can do BFD in whatever.

However, it sure is nice when everyone is properly geared and it takes 30 minutes total full run.

1 Like

Berny also attacks Lorgus Jett when the totems are up.

1 Like

True but also the vast majority dont try to tun BFD also.

It doesnt change the fact GS is because you cant rely on a players honesty.

You can’t rely on that, since taco tip weighs the gear wrong, someone in full level 25 req greens will have higher GS than someone in BFD BIS raid gear.

You need to inspect or look at logs. Asking for GS is a waste of time. You can’t/shouldn’t even filter people with it.

1 Like

Yes, GS exists and is used for a reason and that’s my point.

People who say GS is “stupid” are kinda funny. GS is data.

You get the data - you apply the brain, but at the very least it will give you a way to filter out complete non-starters.

That some people don’t have the skills to analyse the data, that’s not a GS issue.

Its stupid because the information it provides is incorrect. It has several times shown downgrades as being “higher GS” then better options.

Why information it provides is incorrect?

It provides a very specific information that is, in fact, very correct. It does not analyze the gear and cross-check it with BIS lists, it simply gives you score based on ilvl of items, that’s it.

That you/some give this addon some mystical qualities it never provided - that’s the analysis failure on human part I was talking about.

As a warlock you dont really need to think too much about getting the BEST gear.

Chaos Bolt, Incinerate, Lake of Fire and Immolate are your abilities. Get fiery wrath gear or any gear with spell damage. That will shore you up a bit (but not much) because spellcasters are unfortunately just not very good atm. Shard up and advertise you can summon and you will get into groups. People are facerolling it now so you should be gucci.

If I put on Hydra, the best two hand weapon in the game, my GS drops 50 points under verigans. How is that accurate?

It gives Epics a lower value then gray items lmfao Have you even used the addon

2 Likes