How powerful is Queen Azshara compared to the Wild Gods?

we know that Azshara from the War of the Ancients is more powerful than Mannoroth who is at least strong enough to fight Cenarius so Azshara is more powerful than Cenarius but how powerful is she compared to the others who are one of the strongest WIld Gods like Xuen and Malorne?

my guess is that WotA Azshara is weaker than those two but stronger than the others while current Azshara is equal to or above them.

what do you guys think???

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

And in the same trilogy Cenarius himself, someone who is already established as one of the most powerful among demigods, is described by Krasus as a being who could rival the Aspects.

Mannoroth likewise is said to be an incredible fighter with magical abilities that can surpass the likes of Xavius and Illidan.

Both Cenarius and Mannoroth are eventually killed by Grommash (the latter is killed twice, falling for the same headshot trick, twice) who’s basically just an Orc dude on demon steroids with no magical prowess.

With this in mind, Grommash might be as powerful as Azshara, if not twice as powerful.

In other words, power levels in Warcraft are an inconsistent mess that revolves around the plot of whatever current story Blizzard proposes. Therefore it’s impossible to debate how powerful someone is because the narrative itself can’t agree on how powerful people are.

Though for the sake of the thread, I’d put my money on Azshara, considering the amount of times Wild Gods (Loa Included), are nonchalantly murdered around the world, often enough by low-tier nobodies.

2 Likes

The Well of Eternity was giving raw power that nothing in this world could match.
Wild Gods have very specific powers, they vary in “scope” and they can be killed in various means.

So I think that Azshara + WoE > Wild Gods

Without WoE I think that Wild Gods could defeat her. But it all depends on circumstances.

really???

can’t recall that tbh.

In other words, power levels in Warcraft are an inconsistent mess that revolves around the plot of whatever current story Blizzard proposes. Therefore it’s impossible to debate how powerful someone is because the narrative itself can’t agree on how powerful people are.

can’t argue that but I guess we can say how powerful they are in raw power since a lot of people get the one of the strongest and such quotes.

It really depends how things would play out. For example Aviana was killed by being stabbed by some lesser demons, Cenarius was cut by Grom, Rezan fell to Blood God’s trap, Hi’reek was corrupted and then killed by special poison that was made specially for him, Shadra was drained out of her power by her own follower (but it requires certain bond I assume that outsider couldn’t establish it had to be long term follower).

So they’re quite vulnerable. But we also have examples of Wild Gods giving a great fight.

For example Thunder King could be someone who could rival Azshara and he had struggle fighting Xuen.

I think that Kimbul is Xuen equivalent as Kimbul himself chased huge naga invasion back to the sea.
Then we have Paku who can call for violent winds to come.
Gonk who is known from Ambush strikes and never was in danger of falling as a prey.
Krag’wa who was also soloing the invasion of blood trolls himself.

And Bwonsamdi who is also quite powerful but avoids situation where he has to directly intervene.

Because this the entire Loa “shtick” they don’t do the job for trolls, trolls have to fight themselves so Loa will assist them and usually do they do indirectly as by giving them blessings. The relationship between Loa and trolls is about giving and taking, if you want for Loa to assist you you need to prove yourself worthy or make a bargain. Trolls raised temples for them so Loa could be integral part of their lives. Not in terms of just assisting and blessing but to also share the wisdom and spiritual support.

Yes, really!

Page 111, Warcraft The War of the Ancients, The Well of Eternity:

“I am called Cenarius
” said the slender figure that stood before him. “This is my realm”

Cenarius
Cenarius
legendary reminiscences floated in Krasus’ tried mind. He was able to retain some memories, but most of them had simply vanished. Cenarius. The one the elves and the forest dwellers spoke of. He was no god but
almost. A demigod, then. As powerful as the five great Aspects.

I actually underplayed Cenarius’ description in my first post, he isn’t only rivaling the Aspects, he is as powerful as them.

Really wish we could see more of our lovely demigod :thinking:

3 Likes

Yes, really!

Page 111, Warcraft The War of the Ancients, The Well of Eternity:

“I am called Cenarius
” said the slender figure that stood before him. “This is my realm”

Cenarius
Cenarius
legendary reminiscences floated in Krasus’ tried mind. He was able to retain some memories, but most of them had simply vanished. Cenarius. The one the elves and the forest dwellers spoke of. He was no god but
almost. A demigod, then. As powerful as the five great Aspects.

I actually underplayed Cenarius’ description in my first post, he isn’t only rivaling the Aspects, he is as powerful as them.

Really wish we could see more of our lovely demigod :thinking:

interesting.

I’m surprised Chronicles didn’t put him as one of the greatest Wild Gods.

there was a list about the greatest Wild Gods and Cenarius wasn’t on it.

1 Like

Aszhara (and pretty much any other character) is as strong as the story requires.
It is common knowledge by now that the writers would rather re-use familiar names and retcon previous stories than actually come up with something new and exciting.

I’m not sure if Cenarius falls under the Wild Gods/Loa class. As for power levels, remember that in most cases being powerful doesn’t make one immune to harm. Back in Cata Sylvanas got shot, in BfA Malfurion got axe stuck in his back and Cenarius got chopped to pieces by fel crazed orcs in WC3 (though they needed chaos damage to harm him). Not to mention all foes player characters killed in raids.
So just because someone is stated to be best from the best at something, doesn’t mean they can’t be killed by lucky peasant with pitchfork.

A character is as strong as the plot demands does not make sense. In universe I believe the best way to compare Heroes’ ‘‘power levels’’ is to compare their abilities, what was the most powerful thing a Wild God has done? What was the most powerful thing Azshara has done? In my opinion Magic users will always defeat fighters/Muscle guys in 1vs 1 without interference from outside sources.
Being able to cast spells that hold of a massive tsunami is pretty insane, something no aspect has ever done nor displayed anything of that magnitude.

I totally agree.
Malfurion got an Axe to the back in War of Thorns.
Jaina was shot with a rifle in Warcrimes and died.
Tyrande was shot with a flurry of arrows in Wolfheart.

Azshara used Sharas’dal to keep the tsunami though.

I think Thrall replicated something similar when Jaina was about to drown the entire Orgimmar.

This is stupid.

Being able to pull impressive feats doesn’t create an unbeatable character.
Having a mage capable of creating massive firestorms, doesn’t turn him immune to a single bullet to the head.

Realism is when a character “power level” is tied to the plot and the story.
And judging the quality of either is what makes a plot consistent or not.

Well in the case of that Mage (Prince Farondis) who could do that, it was a conjured wave of horrible-ness, that he didn’t survive.
Still , fire comets is still impressive
for a night elf.

Farondis was a badass when he stood up to Azshara.

1 Like

No arguments from me.

I’d like to see more of him. Perhaps Azsuna joins with the Alliance, just so the Broken Isles isn’t totally “Horde dominated.”

3 Likes

I hope we’ll have more of Farondis as well, seeing him and his people still cursed to an eternity as ghosts unable to truly experience life, nor pass into the next one is very depressing.

It gets all the more sad when you encounter some of them in Azsuna, going about their daily routines, seeing the ruins, not realising how time has passed or what has happened and continuing to repeat the last moments of their lives over, and over, and over again.

I feel like their plot has been left hanging, they deserve to be freed and their story brought to a happy ending.

1 Like

Perhaps you should read my entire comment again.

1 Like

do you guys think Azshara from WotA is >>> current Azshara???

Well seems to be more OP, especially since the recent introduction of being the blood of the future-to-be most powerful Titan.

I think it’s to do with the fact that she had the Well of Eternity outside her bedroom door.

1 Like

I doubt she spent ten thousand years getting weaker, even tho she lost the Well she was empowered by Nzoth and started manipulating the Void.

2 Likes