How RDF will save the state of dying servers

Hey since RDF seems to not be discussed about enough I guess people haven’t complained that much yet. So basically the current state of servers such as Thekal and Jin’do is absolutely horrible when it comes to leveling (especially if you want to do the dungeons for the quests) and even end game dungeons. People just don’t sign up for the “new” LFG system and you have to /who and whisper every single person there is (there aren’t many at the lower levels) and hope they want to join you for a dungeon. Why RDF is desperately needed for the aforementioned servers:

1. The argument that it will ruin the “gearing” experience is not valid anymore since most people are with either pre-raid BiS or in their raid BiS so that’s out of the question.
  2. I don’t think it will ruin the experience for new players cuz the current toxic trend of inviting only spellcleave classes won’t exist (good luck if you are a rogue/feral/bm and want to join a dungeon group for quests currently).
  3. You could literally implement the retail RDF system with the cross-realm and it will be heaven for lower population servers since they won’t need to wait for the next transfer wave to move to another server or they just don’t want to do that.

If the RDF is such a hurdle for it to exist at max level, then it should at least be available at the lower levels to help out people with leveling their alts with alternative ways (and yes I do know about leveling with battlegrounds) + it helps out the classes without AoE a lot. You could argue against it, I suppose, but I think the pros outweigh the cons by a large margin so it will generally be a positive thing to have in the game. Hope this rant helps with adding the RDF sooner in wrath classic because we surely need it.

2 Likes

You know what could also save dying servers ? free migrations and conjoining low pop servers.

Why is it that we need to put something in the game which was one of the main reasons this whole experience (classic) exists in the first place, RDF was actively mentioned as part of what frustrated players and wanted classic as an alternative.

1 Like

Oh, here’s another one for ya Nikky.

Another one that dont claim what you claimed. How about that.

RDF was never the reason for wotlk peak.

1 Like

Yes cuz back then you didn’t need it, there were people you could group up with. If I wanna do a Nexus in Thekal I might as well just solo it rather than /w the 20 people online and hope someone joins.

Most people don’t even care about the classic experience in wotlk mate idk what you mean. RDF is just a helping tool for people to level alts. About the merge of low pop servers that usually just ruins the economy of the server and it ends up dead again + it’s simply impossible to do with the fresh servers I mentioned above.

1 Like

If you have problem finding ppl to play with on thekal then its you, and not gonna ask blizz to destroy this beautiful game just because the minority that prefers to play online games like its a lobby.

Active population management and not some “I lock servers and don’t care anymore” BS would save the state of servers. The situation is so bad that RDF is too small of an improvement to solve the problems.

Reached the point where I just cba doing dungeons. Having to ask people to stop doing other stuff and go and summon, and then seeing that half of them are AFK in a major city is way too much effort every time.

It also removes the ability to casually queue from a major city. Flying to a dungeon for 10 minutes keeps you semi-focused on the game, when there’s almost zero gameplay involved at all. I actually have the time to play and do that, and I think it’s a waste of time. Worst of all, it’s a time gate after the time gate of queueing and managing a group already. Group leaders are randomly expected to take on responsibility that can be automated, which obviously demotivates people to start their own groups.

It takes no skill, doesn’t require any spells, noone speaks other than to decide who’s summoning, there’s no world PVP, doesn’t make any difference to a story or quest progression, isn’t something anyone looks forward to.

On priv servers, I knew that I could always pop on and do a dungeon if I had nothing else to do, and the difference in effort necessary for the current system is just stupid compared to that. Even at full gear, I would do dungeons, but because it was an accesible way for me to use my spells on enemies.

A higher population of people queueing for things on different servers is another reason it should be added.

5 Likes

You know they will add the RDF sooner or later, right ? It’s just better to do it earlier because it’s just a quality of life improvement. They will probably keep the LFG system as well as it is in retail for people like you, who love to interact with others. If you really play the game that much and still aren’t fed up with the current ways of leveling/doing heroics well that good for ya, but everyone I’ve grouped with/play with has been crying for RDF since weeks now because finding people is just bothersome and others seem to not be willing to make the group themselves therefore 0 parties in the LFG, which leads to /whispering the whole realm for a heroic.

At which Blizzard is doing such a good job acting swiftly and not letting things get out of hand. Yeah leaving Jin’do to fall below 1k population and then after most paid to leave offer remaining group transfer for free was ingenious move and show hiw swiftly Blizzard adapts.

No but it also wasn’t the reason why WotLK started falling on subs. There was also ICC raid yes but I think it’s safe to assume both those features had something to do with wrath keeping up for another year without actually loosing subs.

Doesn’t classic era exists for the likes of you? You know, pure version of OG vanilla without any pesky QoL that was hailed as best social experience? Why did you leave it to rot?

1 Like

How has merging low pop servers ever ruined their economy ususally all similarly sized servers have equal economies…

They’ve quite literally said they’re not.

1 Like

That’s not correct though. I’ve watched the interviews and the person responsible for the LFG said: “We will not be adding RDF in the 1st phase of the game because players will spam the dungeons and exhaust the content faster”. He also mentioned on improving the current LFG system, but never said RDF won’t be added in the game so we’ll see how this post ages.

We continue to iterate on the bulletin-board style Looking for Group tool, and we do not have plans to add the Random Dungeon Finder.

Quite literally.

1 Like

You talk like you are the majority.

Guess I’ve missed that blue post, which is quite unfortunate tbh. Guess it will take more months of people crying for it to be considered, unlucky.

I mean in the poll for the RDF the majority (61.5% out of 6580 total votes) would prefer having the RDF in the game. So check your stats before pointing fingers mate.

Unhappy customers are the loudest, the happy ones usually dont voice their opinion.

1 Like