How to be cringe in 2 steps

Are you ok?

My bad. I forgot to go by the Poe’s law.

2 Likes

Being bad at pvp and hating on pvp is cringe

show me where the big bad pvp ers touched you

If they aint hurting u they aint good PvPers lol :laughing:

Unisex names is where it is. I took a word from a made-up language from a fictional universe. To my utter surprise, when I transferred from Jin’do to Fekal, it was already taken. What are the odds someone else also couldn’t think of a name for a character, and picked “butt” in Mando’a?

If you are a grown man playing a female character on a non-rp realm (I guess anything goes there), you are very weird. It’s like a dude wearing female clothes secretly. Do you have the right to do it? Absolutely. Do I hate you? No of course not, but I want you out of my life for sure.

I feel you have a certain problem with discerning reality and fiction. By default our characters aren’t meant to be us. Hell if that was the case most of us wouldn’t be able to play since we can’t faithfully recreate our real selves.

Also you know what’s the best part about being grown up? The realization that what strangers think about you means nothing.

2 Likes

Seems unnecessarily derogatory towards people who live life differently to you. I would also assume if this is your point of view on people who cross dress, they’re probably better off not being in your life!

Further to this “Weird to play a female character as a grown up male” opinion - Why? WoW is a RPG… Role playing… Why do I have more right to be a space goat which is the same gender as me, vs a space goat as a different gender? If we all followed your opinion we would all pick Human’s because picking any other race would be just weird - Right? Or are you a blood elf in real life?

2 Likes

You can bring the whataboutism and political correctness all day but as soon as you talk to actual people you will get a reality check.
Tell it to your raid or friends that you play a female as a grown man because : hehe it’s so cute, the animation is better, I like staring at that butt, I love when people whisper me and think I’m female irl !
Oooooooooooooooookay.
And crossdressing is weird, if there is anything that fits the word perfectly it’s crossdressing.
If you want to meme or rolepay there are RP servers for that.
Yes it’s fantasy and a game but at the end of the day it’s a dude sitting behind the pc getting called She, if you feel like that’s okay I have no more argument, let’s agree to disagree, all my male friends would cringe HARD if anybody called them She. I mean real friends, not randoms in your guild, or forum.

1 Like

Could or couldn’t think of the name? The chances that someone would think of the same name are higher than you would think. I remember spending almost entire hour to think of an unique lore friendly fantasy name for my alt, one that would suit the race of the character, only to find out that it’s already taken.

I generally do not support the idea of naming the character with common name unless it would suit their race and I genuinely dislike when someone use their reddit or whatever nickname as the character’s name and also name all their alt the same with minor alterations, which is however the most common case on PvP realms.
However, such is the freedom of the players who dislike any role-playing aspects in online role-playing games.

Spotted the little insecure guy who has to do everything he can to make himself look as big bulky and manly as he can be. In a game. Where nobody (nobody that matters) cares.

Well yea, but just how unlikely is it that they would go to the same specific and obscure place for inspiration, and choose the same thing?

And then you realize that half of your raid is exactly the same. And that those three cute Gnome Girls are named, Adam, Jeff and Steve in real life.

2 Likes

Well if you have no friends then you can think like a nihilist and hide in your safe space yea, kinda lame tho, not everyone plays a game for escapism

you know, I think Crosstail probably was on the receiving end of such a horrible revelation, and it scarred him for life.

nah, I used to play on a server without weirdos, things were better back then

Yeah that can happen. But being around for so long as to be a grown man you’d think everyone is aware of G.I.R.Ls existing

G.I.R.L (Guy In Real Life) is a stereotype as old as the Genre I’m afraid. Picked up especially strong after WoW popularized it, so your claims sound at least suspicious.

To be this actively against it? I don’t believe you didn’t have a surprise gender reveal party.

Idk, I never really talked to a female char for long, I knew everyone that counted on that server, I was a kid back then.