How to end the division between Retail and Classic

Keep the art team. Music and Graphics and Cinematics were always top notch, and gave us goosebumps.

Also, keep adding into the complexity of the battles. More complex mechanics is good. Learn from FF14 in that regard.

Unbalance the classes again. Give them their unique feels and destroy equality.

Remove flying. Make the world feel alive and dangerous.

Return the pvp servers, where pvp is everywhere and anytime possible. Remove “war mode”. Put it only in normal servers.

Make proffessions relevant again.

Remove the god mode of the classes by making the fights more like a chess than a hack and slash braindead feel. Make simple mobs very dangerous.

REMOVE LFG, LFR and ANY automatic finder for content other than BGs.

Keep pet battles, toys, mount collections BUT REMOVE ACHIEVEMENTS.

If you can merge the mmorpg feeling of classic with the epicness of the retail music, cinematics and raid mechanics, your game will dominate everything again.

20 Likes

Pretty much with you, except from this ^.

14 Likes

I can live with them. Pretty low on the hierarchy of things that need to change. But at least remove stupid achievements like “attain lvl 10”.
Make them REALLY achievements

3 Likes

even though some things could be intresting to get, I do not think it would work ever again, heck honestly it didnt work in classic eighter.
for example making normal mobs difficult to handle, nope not gona work, none would ever bother to level again, exept those who love classic, it doesnt work in retail, this doesnt meen there should not be some danger offcourse, but if you make it like it is in classic, it would be a huge failiure now, could only work if levels are pruned buy atleast 40 levels.

unbalancing the classes and removing the esport part, yes, I would love that, that is what made classic good, unblanced classes, freedom to use skills how you like it.

3 Likes

Blizzard already tried this, remember?
Then half the playerbase got upset, there was a lot of discussion, and Blizzard ended up compromising, and thus we have the Pathfinder design of today.

13 Likes

I think the creative part of a multibillionaire company can think of how to do it. Never say never friend :slight_smile:
Will is lacking, not ways.
Im very supportive of pruning levels down to 60 , I dont mind. I just want the feel I have playing classic, with the modern additions and mechanical battles.
No need to divide wow into 2 games

Removed too many things.

Keep flying, make it max level purchasable again.

Change the talent system to be a combination of classic and retail. We get something every level that gives % increases etc but also the big spells, perhaps.

I like LFG and LFR. If you want to group old school, you can and mythic+ has this feature.

I would like servers to just be servers again, where you know everyone and have a reputation. This is a good way to get people to not act like jerks - nobody will take a blacklisted person.

I like god mode at end game. I want to feel more powerful as I progress not be stagnant, it’s tiring. However, level scaling buggers this up.

Keep PvP in dedicated PvP servers, that’s great, so long as I have an area with no PvP in return.

Removing achievements is fine.

7 Likes

Crap, I didnt know that. So its players fault we have this game breaking feature then.

1 Like

I agree on your points, so I apologize for anyone if I am repeating

Yes! Remove heals from rogue, remove all homogenization

Yes, stand your ground now Blizzard

Also YES!

Big YES! Bring back perks!! Give us a reason to level professions, remove professions power leveling.

Also Big Yes

I add:

BRING BACK OLD TALENT TREES!! MAYBE REINVENT THEM LIKE YOU DID IN CATACLYSM! BUT THOSE 1% GIVE US A SENSE OF GROWTH AND MADE LEVELING FEEL MORE ALIVE!

2 Likes

Oh god I forgot. REMOVE SERVER MIXING AND SHARDING. Make the server community whole, and not fragmented. Thats maybe at the top 3 of the most important things that destroy the mmorpg feel.

I agree with talents too.

Disagree with everything else you said

5 Likes

What, even the PvP thing?

Retail has better endgame, which is what really matters

4 Likes

That here is the cancerous mentality that made retail wow a hub based hack and slash.
You are the retail equivalent of #nochanges nonsensical fanatics
Congrats.

1 Like

And you are the typical player who doesn’t even play ertail and thinks he or she is qualified to say whats wrong with it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Sure buddy. You are so strong boy, we know

1 Like

And there’s where you lost me.

So, is this just another Classic Vs Retail battle? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Is this what you got from that? He said all that matters in wow is endgame. Read please…

I love that i can play with my friends on other realms, it also means i dont have to pay blizz :dollar: for a server transfer. If i suddenly only got to play with ppl on doomhammer i would have no reason to log into the game anymore as most of the ppl i usually do stuff with are spread around on other servers.

6 Likes

Just another classic player who doesn’t have the willpower to even play BFA and thinks he can rant about it

Its like you can take a guy who never palyed WoW and ask him to ‘‘fix’’ retail and you will get an equally valid opinion :smiley:

6 Likes

I think retail has more going for it than just looking pretty. There are elements that can be joined for sure, but making wow “classic, but with gud graphics and music” is not the way to do it imo.

PS I suck at multiple quoting.

1 Like