How to end the division between Retail and Classic

Say ”FF14” again. Say ”FF14” again. I dare you, I double dare you, !$#@%, say ”FF14” one more goshdamn time!

4 Likes

Yeah, apparently it was going to be known as “Pristine Servers”, which is essentially Retail but more “Classicfied”. It didn’t go down well. I had a similar idea to yours, but it got shot down pretty hard.
I don’t think the community wants it tbh.

2 Likes

Classic and retail are 2 different games for people who value different things. There is no need to solve the devision.

Also touch my flying and I will keel you

9 Likes

You didn’t know that biggest outrage in WOW history happened because Blizz tried to remove flying (and it was at begining of WOD when sub numbers went back to over 10m)?

You are focusing too much on what pirate server vanilla players are spewing. Flying, LFG, LFR are some of the most popular WOW features.

If they tried to remove things like LFG,LFR there would be riots.

10 Likes

Alot of players are surely using LFR and LFD but how many actually enjoy them?

I think wow is to far gone to be honest. Create a new game without all the lfr, transmog nonsense and build on the things that are actually good like the raiding.

1 Like

No to the removal of transmog. wtf.

8 Likes

Another topic that Retail MUST become Classic and NO

Game already have that

Reason classes got balanced is because ppl ofc complained, balance is good

Flying is good, world is alive d fak are you talking about, and flying saves so much travel time and makes more things possible to do

War mode, its working and you can PvP anytime possible ( if you have it ON)

In which aspect? I mean ppl are making money with professions but i can agree with this one like 50%

NOPE, its better like this, its not hurting anyone d fak, LFR is optional tourist mode, just to check out raid

Whats wrong with achivs?

4 Likes

There is a game like that. It’s called Classic

3 Likes

Haha.

Why? Because vanilla had that? But why shouldn’t BGs be premade-only with the need to walk into the portal too? Why only dungeons?

I disagree with pretty much all your other points too, but that one specific struck me :smile:

8 Likes

As much as I try to be neutral in this continuous “retail vs classic” feud. I have to bring up this point: Classic players are very protective and paranoid of their servers. A lot of answers I saw when somebody even remotely criticizes classic are like this: “#NoChanges! Back to retail!” “Go back to retail please!” “foff and go play retail!”.

Well…if classic guys feel perfectly justified doing that. Then I have nothing against some retail people being “#KeepClassicOutOfRetail” and “don’t like it? Go play Classic”.

10 Likes

GO back to your classic cave, troll OP! Keep up to classic and be happy there. Retail WoW is a different game and while the current expansion is in fact on the bad side it is still good the way it is ( we need some class abilities return, but that is not the point here)

I am not sure WoW needs to learn from FF14 in ANY regard. We don’t need weeb in WoW.

You may think you know what you’re talking about, but clearly you do not.

1. Keep Warmode. > 2. Remove any and all bonuses. > 3. You got actual PvP servers.

They just need to be tweaked a bit and all of them would be relevant up to the point like they were before. Armor/weapon crafting professions can only go so far.

DO you refer to paladin bubbles/mage icing themselves or what? Be more clear. Vagueness does not help you in any way shape or form.

WoD.
Just that - WoD.
Make your research and see why I just say this - WoD.

It’s either for all or for none.

What’s the point?

How do you propose them to do that, exactly? You didn’t post ANY actual point aside from stuff that offend YOU and most likely your chosen streamer.

Also

When it comes to MMORPG WoW is the King. No matter what you say or how many numbers you people pull out of your backsides, WoW is still on the top.

3 Likes

Its 15 year old game though. It would be nice with a modern quality wow. Creatin nonsense content without any challenge whatsoever isnt the way to go to make that happen.

1 Like

I think it’s worth pointing out, that the desire for flying in WoW originated back in Vanilla WoW. When you took your first flight path from Stormwind to Ironforge, there was a natural desire to be able to fly on your own.

Flying was the nr. 1 requested feature for WoW’s first expansion on every forum and fansite. And of course Blizzard delivered on that request. It would have been weird if they didn’t.

They made this video I recall:

And of course, once players had the ability to fly in Outland, they also wanted to be able to fly on Azeroth, because why not? So when Blizzard remade all the zones for Cataclysm, it was a perfect opportunity to shape the world with flying in mind – so they did. Again, it would have been weird if they didn’t.

So it’s not like flying is some mistake that’s the fault of anyone. It’s historically a highly-desired feature, and even today – which we saw when Blizzard tried to remove it with WoD – it’s still a very appreciated feature that lots of players enjoy.

So trying to paint flying as some game-breaking mistake is kind of unfair. I mean, the Classic WoW you play was originally filled with people who wanted flying above all else. WoW didn’t get flying because no one wanted it. It got it because everyone wanted it.

9 Likes

No thanks. No more repainting old stuff anykind to retail rarher something new and not seen or tryed before.

Just no. When they gated flying behind an overbearing quest chain, people stopped playing. Millions of people stopped playing.

Millions of people did not stop playing when they added flying though.

From the thousands of people I have spoken to as a community and guild leader, it seems to me that the only ones who oppose flying are the ones who like classic. So if you don’t want to fly, stick to classic, your wish has already been granted.

Q, do you also tip the camera and play in bird’s eye view, to see the game like the original Grand Theft Auto? it is a 3D world, not a 2D sprite flip, we need flying.

I agree though that they should make the talents and spells as they were, in a comprehensive talent tree with ranks, and stop putting talents on armours (azerite traits and essences with ranks).

I guess you didn’t want to reply to my topic so you made a new thread to continue the discussion…
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/critical-review-division-is-destruction/

or should i say, to divide it - lol

1 Like

?Xd and force me to roll a certain class I don’t enjoy unless I only want to play heroic dungeons? No thanks.

Don’t really care about the world “feeling alive” it would feel more alive without sharding than without flying, it’s never felt dangerous tho.

I’m aight with that.

Sure

Now this is where you have to choose between complex mechanics and making you have to kite a mob that doesn’t even have abilities.

No thanks, they’re already easy content why would you wanna make the time it takes to play baseline content longer?

??? No idea why you’d want this but on the other side I don’t really care about achievements.

Literally all you have to do for that is remove sharding and cross realm in the open world and some other basic stuff, you don’t have to go back to the “pull 3 mobs, use all my mana to kill them and then wait 20 seconds for my mana to regenerate so I can pull the next 3”-Gameplay that is infinitely inferior to what kinda content we have now.

And yet you play a rogue. Why not a feral druid, a paladin tank, a shadow priest, or any of the other specs that were broken and essentially not viable for raiding in 1.12?

And yet you play a rogue, who can avoid and choose his battles. Why not a class that is exposed to ganking and corpse camping, and faces the “danger”?

And yet you play a rogue who is almost never on the receiving end of ganking and non-consensual PvP.

I wouldn’t play the game anymore if I couldn’t do content like PvP islands, M+ and raids my group no longer does (e.g. normal mode when we’re on HC) through the group finder. I’d be bored out of my mind and/or have to play 12+ hours a day to get anything done. In vanilla, a year in, all leveling dungeons were dead on my server. I also don’t miss spending 4 hours in Stratholme or Scholomance because people left and someone had to go back to Ironforge and find new people by spamming the chat. It wasn’t fun.

Yea, no thanks. Scoot back to Classic and shut up please.

I don’t come into your section on a soapbox spouting drivel, I’d appreciate the same courtesy.

6 Likes

They are not balanced now so no idea what you speak off .

Stick to classic if you do not wish flying or use a ground mount .

Then that will only create more dead and unbalanced servers like before .

Agree

There is no god mode from 1-120 and until item level 385ish then it can still be a struggle in new area’s .

No ,nope and no people asked for this way back in TBC and we got it ,are you going to paye for peoples transfers to other servers ? don’t think so .

why remove achivements ? they harm nobody at all .

I played it when current and I might be hated for this ive loved most of the Qol changes in my 15 years playing .

3 Likes

I think pathfinder is a very good solution. Its timegated, so you need to explore the world and walk/ride its paths. But on the long run i do not want the timesink riding the same ways over and over again. I want to spent my limited time not with traveling the same routes again and again. I few month is more than enough.