How to end the division between Retail and Classic

Classic features should stay in classic, i certainly don’t need that nonsense in retail. Sure you can take a few things to improve retail, but given how trash classic is from every aspect except community and immersion, which were the only driving forces of Classic, since, for example, class design was/is remarkably terrible, …, Blizzard will lose a lot of players, most even, since, in the greater picture, Classic is but a minority.

1 Like

If I want to kill the same things thousands of times, it should be because I want to farm xp or cloth or other items from them… it should not be because I am combat locked and cannot take a minute break due to spawn times and amount of mobs, and not being able to fly.

I should be able to get max level, buy flying for a price of gold, and then enjoy the game content at my own pace… and jump on a flying mount when I need a break, rather than have to fight my way back to an inn or hearth out of the killing zone.

I don’t like questing much, and I hated questing in BfA because it felt like I was being forced to do so. I simply didn’t bother with the pathfinder for WoD, and I quit Legion for a few reasons but mainly because of pathfinder + “High Mountain”.

I don’t think the pathfinder achievement should be scrapped, keep it for those who like questing, but don’t gate the flying skill behind it.

People think that Blizzard are all about the money they can make. Well people would pay money for wowtokens to get gold to buy flying. If Blizz was purely trying to grab money, they would give people the ability to buy flying.

Why flying is gated behind pathfinder is because Blizzard think it was what people want. Most of those players who want it are now on classic. Most of the ones who want to be able to fly without pathfinder have quit the game.

A good way to get millions of players back, would be to make flying available for a price of gold, then run a TV advertising campaign showing how easy it is to get flying.

They were going to be individual servers, so flying would still work on the current ones :stuck_out_tongue:

I totally agree, just wanted to add professions to the list. Imo having meaningful crafting is one of the strongest points in classic and one of the biggest disappointments in retail.

2 Likes

Completely agree.

I play both classic and retail, and enjoy both games very much even though classic gets most of my attention atm. I do not want to see the games “merged” in any way, except retail has a TON to “learn” from classic when it comes to professions.

1 Like

Thread wasnt about "merging " the two, but retail learning a lot from classic and becoming amazing again

“Retail learning a lot from classic” is an attempt at making retail like classic.

While I also hope Blizzard can find some forgotten gems from classic, there are plenty of features I enjoy in classic, that I do not want to see back in retail, and vice versa.

Your OP suggest a lot of things added to retail, that would make me flip on on retail. Flying being one of those. Flying is one of the best features that was ever added to WoW.

Unbalanced classes? No thank you. People already complain about the current design not being balanced enough, and capabilities of the classes and specs gives room for more complex encounters. Retail and Classic both have their own thing here, in syngery with the world they are placed in. Neither are perfect, but both work out okay in the world they are set to. Blizzard might as well keep doing what they have always been doing in this case.

Warmode is imo a better feature than PvP realms, but each to their own. I do not want to see it gone.

LFG and LFR are good features in my opinion too, even though I rarely use them myself, I like having the option and enjoy seeing my friends and everyone else having said option.

Remove achievements? There is nothing wrong with the achievements. If you don’t like them, ignore them. And please don’t even mention issues getting into PuGs here. If that’s a complaint, then you should not be requesting LFG and LFR to be removed.

In the end, both games have something to work on. Neither are perfect, though I have to admit I belong to the “no changes” crowd for classic for the simple reason that “going back” was the whole point of it.

The only one of your points I agree on, and strongly so, are “make professions relevant again”. Retail professions are in a absolutely terrible state, and need a complete rework as far as I am concerned. From the bottom and up.

3 Likes

Yeah, let’s make some classes dominate PvP and M+/raids even more. /s

No thanks. I like flying, and the only thing that keeps me doing Nazjatar and Mechagon is the goal of obtaining it, otherwise I wouldn’t even going there. I love flying, it shows me a whole new world from the air.

No thanks. I like getting good gear and destroying mobs. It was always part of what made WoW fun for me and the gearing worth it.

I’d rather queue up for dungeons while leveling than do boring quests for the X time, so no thanks.

2 Likes

No, please.

If you think the Classic version is the best thing ever, good for you, enjoy it, but don’t try to shove it down retail player’s throats.

2 Likes

the only thing blizzard needs to take from classic is how a server community is so much better than Crossrealms were you see random people you’ll never meet again randomly appear infront of you.

1 Like

I agree but how can they sort it ? so many dead realms .Easy idea is for them to connect more realms or give free transfers but they will not do that they rather we paid for it .So with that in mind LFR/LFD/LFG needs to stay.

NO NO NO NO.

2 Likes

They always are, there’s usually always praise for the Art team.

Current mythic raids are pretty complex in their mechanics, we don’t really need more complexity than there is already. More fun mechanics are always a bonus though!

I’m all for giving classes unique feels. But I don’t think they should be unbalanced, that’s one way to ensure everyone will just reroll the most dominating class. While crying that the class they used to play is so bad. Hell we had that in 8.0 when some classes were unplayably bad and weren’t accepted in groups.

Yeah no thanks. Blizz tried that in WoD, but people cried so much that they just caved in and added pathfinder. Besides flying has been around for the best expansions, so I don’t see it as a negative.

Agreed, also return pvp vendors please.

Agree 1000%

Except there is really no chessplay in classic wow when it comes to mobs though. The only thing that requires a brain, is not pulling more than 3 mobs. The mobs themselves barely have any mechanics and most are only hard because the classes are unbalanced. They’re tedious at best but not very dangerous.

But I would like to see mobs having some complexity to them so that people don’t just blaze through towards the next mob.

Admittedly LFR is a bad thing but why is LFG a bad thing?

I mean I don’t wanna go back to the capital city, to look for a new player everytime someone leaves the instance before finishing it.

But imagine If you’re levelling up all the way to 120 via dungeons, and everytime you wanna run a dungeon you’ll have to ask for hours, till you find someone of around your level range that are willing to run dungeons with you. Can you imagine how long that’s gonna take?

What’s wrong with having achievements though? Some people find it fun to do stuff for achievements.

All in all this seems like a cheap attempt at trying to “fix” the problem without really knowing what the problem is about.

Is an acceptable middle ground. As well anti-flight items in PvP are good items players love and use.

1 Like

Oh absolutely! I wish the anti-flight items had more range to it too.

Nearly 3weeks now and the relentless classic is better is starting to wear thin. I play both but i do not want these kind of changes for retail.
Shall we start posting on classic forums with
#nochangesretail see how it goes ?
The most hostile forums atm is classic with the “piss off back to retail” comments all over the place i doubt very much the ones saying that were even old to play vanilla back then.

1 Like

Definitely. More ways to dismount players in PvP - land, air, anything. I want PvP mode - warmode be dangerous jungle. If you can see “it” you should be able to dismount it. Although this range might be a bit too large, but I feel PvP should offer tools to add some sneaky tricks to disrupt red-players.

I do not think warmode should mean permanent land-mode, but imagine the added bonus of possibly being shot down with anti flight missile and make you drop to death. Dangers!

LFG is one thing , but we dont need randoms in citys/open world lol

Remind me when profs were relevant.

2 Likes

I think the current situation is perfect and i find the tribalism between Classic and Retail laughable.

We are now in scenario where both sides have what they want. Those who like retail with all the quality of life updates have what they want, those who dislike retail and preferred the old version of the game have that.

There is nothing to fight over.

2 Likes