How to farm gold?

is there any actual real gold making methods left in the game besides boosting and “playing the auction house” ?

3 Likes

This is a subreddit dedicated to making gold.

I know nothing of gold making, I’m always poor :smile:

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing how much my multifoxes can make in the next expac :slight_smile:

I considered buying the epic DF with ingame gold. We get so much thrown at us just by doing a calling here or there, get 1000 anima, finish ZM patterns, paragon sometimes. The mission board also helps. I have no idea where it is coming from but i got 6M flying around. And i was broke 200k when SL started.

1 Like

A humble piece of advice: Making gold in this game is too expensive.

1 Like

9 letters: Goldshire!

However, the guards might take more than liquor money to spare you as a member of the Horde since you’re too pretty to ignore :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Not for me though, because it’s my duty to purge undead elf paladins! Begone, servant of Arthas!

…ahem, I feel you there. Most I had was 330k, and I piled it up over months, mostly from selling SL mats on the AH and from callings.

1 Like

Same, I had around 250k on my main and during shadowlands I’ve made on this character alone close to 2million. Most my max level alts are close to 1 million too and that is really is just doing the callings and selling mats.
Though of course most of this gold was made during first half of the expansion and selling some items that at the time of just being released sold for a very high price.

But really just doing the callings and running some mission table is easy gold. 10-15k a week I would say.

1 Like

Most gold making methods are going to die along with Season 4’s auction house changes. Farming materials and crafting consumables will be pointless because you’ll be listing your auctions against an entire region, and it’s guaranteed that 1 player somewhere will list everything for 1s profit.

If you want to make gold in Dragonflight, get in on the new Professions early. The only way to make gold will likely be through Crafting Armor, since it will remain Realm wide.

Until Dragonflight. Level up lots of alts, and do Callings every day. When you start getting Paragon chests you’ll start earning a good amount of gold.

Download an Addon called TL:DR and use that for your alts Mission Tables. Focus on Gold Rewards first, Crafting Items (until Season 4 starts), and anima and campaign progression.

Reap the gold, and sell the crafting items.

2 Likes

Good advice but I’m still torn you know on df. Will the money be on the commission from professions or will it be providing the mats for the larger consumer base who will be buying mats to put crafting orders up.

It’s a hard call at the moment for me

Without seeing and trying how it will work it’s hard to get a grasp.

The expectation is that Mats farming is now dead for gold making. However, that will always depend on how rare or hard to farm certain materials are.

Crafting armor will remain Realm locked, so there will be less competition and be able to charge a higher profit.

But we’ll see, we know very little about what it will involve.

My personal expectation is that it will be Legendary Crafting 2.0.

This guide is excelent

Sell materials, pets, toys, transmog, potions, food etc.

Doesn’t have to be restricted to shadowlands.

By playing the AH, do you mean flipping? You dont need to do that to make gold. Crafting is still a very valid way of making gold, even lots of old world items sell well. You can resell vendor items, shirts, etc. Grey/white items will be a big thing due to tmog. Even stuff like vanilla enchants still sell because they have their uses, such as enchants for speed gear, these enchants sell for hundreds of gold with like a 50g crafting cost. Now enchants might change in DF but there are so many items one can craft that I think there will always be some crafted items that will sell for profit.

Just do not farm trasmogs waste of time and you never sell it theese scam youtubers are scourge and clickbaiters. Now best way in SL besides boosting ofc as that is obviously Number 1,are callings on multiple characters, mision tables and Farming genesis motes to craft pets and sell them. Callings are pretty straightforward, lets say you have 10 characters, you can make 100-150k/week from it easily, depends on anima, WQ rewards, paragon rep progress etc. Missions tables no need to explain you can probabbly make like 1,2k gold/day average on them per character.Now genessis mote pets, they are different and not that simple, price depends on the realm you play on, but what i do is farm vespoids, i get genesis motes+chance to look vespoid lattice which sells for 15k average ATM. Also with pets i craft due to genesis motes and farming extra for expensive reagents such as glimmer of cunning/ getting glimmers of satisfactions due to eating a lot on my mythic progress, i can log easily to 30-50k/day average from pets, My server, so yours will be different, you need to see if it is worth for you.

Your brutosaur says otherwise. :wink:

hope a purple boe drops for you in the raid
that’s what i have been relying on to get my gold
i am still living off of 4 purple wrists i dropped during mythic uldir

Actually there are a “few”.

The safest is material farming, pretty safe but low gold/h (5-10k depending farm).

Another is an alt army with callings/missions, takes more time to set up but heard from players that can get a decent gold/day after you have your missions running.

One more time/effort consuming and high risk is mythic boe farm, although I do not know how many groups are still doing that, the items are still selling for some good gold on big realms.

Stay away from legendaries. In the start of the patch I farmed rings/backs but at the moment it’s not worth the time to buy all mats/log alts and craft it myself, since its almost same price as AH.

There was one forum member (can’t remember which one) who has said several times that they do this.

I can imagine this is why Blizzard aren’t placing a mission table with Dragonflight and I honestly don’t blame them for making that decision.

My bruto is probably the first and only time I went to try and make any gold. I can’t play the AH so I cleared raids/carious content, did many emissaries, sold anything and everything I had on alts, did no more transmogging etc.

I still had buy the last 1m in tokens though :frowning:

To be fair, the current tables are not that bad in terms of gold income.
Had done table farms during legion (unfortunately not WoD), and the weekly gold gained is really not comparable (legion you could get 3k pure gold per mission).

While I kind of like systems like that, I can imagine how not many people like them and want them to be a good farm.