How to fix faction Imbalance? Suggestion thread

Making false claims that mercs are there to sabotage does not help your argument but I am running out of ways to say any of this and I’m not going to repeat myself again. For the last time people are there to win. The point of the merc queue system is to get in and fill up teams faster to get more people into BGs. People are there for their daily wins etc.

WM on has done little for WPvP. Sharding has divided the community up even further and we are less and less server based these days. On Alliance if I want to play with lots of people around me I have to go WM off.

We used to have PvP realms for PvP with no bonus given. Now we have the bulk of the Horde use it for the PvE benefits and rarely see any Alliance out and about. Reset day when the WM tourists come out is pretty much the best time to get CTA done because you might actually find some Alliance to kill before they turn it off again for the rest of the week.

At times I feel really sorry for the Alliance trying to do their dailies. We swoop in and take rares from them, killing off every Alliance to get the tag.

3 Likes

I still insist on it, majority of Horde players are there to sabotage Alliance teams. Statistics are with me too, Alliance winrates has been dropping drastically since Horde had access to mercenary mode. If you don’t believe me then you have to believe in concrete proofs. Horde mercenaries are harmful for Alliance and I get an impression like this you are not here to discuss how to balance factions but more into “how to defend benefits of being horde”.

There is no world where mercenary mode is good for preserving faction balance, if anything it makes it worse.

I personally struggle only after new patches, like the day after 8.3 launch was terribly bad in Uldum, there was too many horde. Even now with 30% Horde is majority on open world but you defend removal of WM bonus, do you have any idea how catastrophic the consequences would be? :smile_cat:

Do you have any comprehension of how few people actually use WM for WPvP but it seems you can only make any claims about anything if they are some kind of hyperbole.

Blizzard are highly unlikly to remove WM, I would probably go as far as saying never. All servers are effectively normal servers now and people can opt in and out of WM. Even if they choose to tourist in WM on one or two days a week or drop out of WM any time they actually have to face the opposite faction. PvP realms are a thing of the past and no longer applicable.

I would love to see them remove the PvE perks that they use to bribe players into using a mode purely to get more resources. Let WM give Conquest, honor or the new PvP currencies for the vendors.

Actually everytime when I participate in assaults we do PvP. Mutual quest zones are a chaos. PvE players who is there for only bonuses die easily since they suck at PvP you can detect them easily and if you are on open world to complete an emissary then close down the game of course people shouldn’t attack each other during that time, it is a matter of environment and place. Uldum is good for PvP especially final objective parts of the map.

At least we agree on 1 thing. There is no going back now.

Bribe is a must on Alliance’s case, without bribe there is no meaning of taking risks. Blizzard took away Human racial superiority by butchering it below Orc racial for PvP, kept superior Horde PvE racials untouched for years, gave Alliance trash new races like Fat’tiran and Trashgnome and this is the result.

There is no way out in order to balance factions now except for bribing for extra rewards and making Alliance superior via racials in PvE or PvP via racial buffs. Population difference getting bigger every passing day…

If the Alliance were doing so fabulous in WM they wouldn’t have to sit on such a high bonus all the time.

Yesterday when the Vale reset and we are now on the many mount dropping rares, every poor Alliance that dared to have WM on was slaughtered, even if they were in five man parties.

Call to Arms is about the only mechanic that actually gets WPvP to happen but again it’s for a very short time. Again it feels bad to kill the same handful of people over and over while they are trying to quest purely to clock off 25 kills.

But by all means you hail this failed system a success.

It depends on the person actually, when I port to Uldum I fire people up via general chat with messages “Leave none alive, slaughter them zugzugs” and on objectives if Alliance near me is not attacking the Horde I attack and they generally follow when there is someone starting the fire.

I never get close to those rares unless I have a party :smiley: Vale is a horde place and it is good to avoid Vale rares.

Call to arms is ridicilous and harmful for PvP, it encourages low quality PvP. I have a topic currently going on, suggesting disabling kill counts in party for CtA quests. World PvP is fun when it is random, it is not fun when there is a group hunting single players with 5 people. So that people will have more 2v1 and 3v1 opportunities in which they can kill at least 1 player out of 2-3 instead of getting slaughtered without any chance of survival by 5 people.

It is the only option for now, that is what I’m saying, if Blizzard didn’t screw up faction balance by releasing disgusting races for Alliance it could’ve been a success rather than functioning as a permanent band aid.

U think horde has only OP racials or what? Just like there are better/OP on one side, there are same on other.

I think I’m just going to leave this as we disagree on most things.

Actually we don’t disagree on most things if you read carefully.

We agree on CtA is a failure, I’m not telling you Alliance is in a good situation and there are places in which we are unable to kill even a rare. Just telling you that WM is not perfect, it could’ve been better without Blizzard screw ups related to Allied races.

Fair enough but I actually don’t think this is an Allied race issue.

I think they screwed up shards early on which made the Alliance feel outnumbered and then it had a snowball effect of less and less people using it.

The bonus has hardly ever made a dent :frowning:

Will be interesting to see how it’ll go in the first weeks of Shadowlands when that extra bonus from warmode will be a substantial advantage for Alliance players.

And Allied races hasn’t had any impact on the imbalance. It bears repeating.

1 Like

Not completely but I think they had a negative impact on balance.

Since I skipped prepatch and until BoD raid I don’t know exactly how it was, but I remember reading Alliance complaints of r/WoW :smile_cat:

Believe me if it weren’t for the bonus you would find noone to fight

U think ppl will switch factions with equal racials?

1 Like

We will see what fair skinned blue eyed Velfs do.

1 Like

Collapse the population of the other Alliance races that can be same classes. Nothing else.

Fun game to have a team of 7 Belfs going up against 7 Velfs in a WSG. Excellent diversity. Much representation. :+1:

Said the female belf ex alliance player. :clap:t4: :clown_face:

1 Like

True. My hypocrisy does not elude me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me tell my prediction, nothing. It might boost RolePlay population of Alliance and bring a few normal players. Besides Blood Elves will have the same options perhaps we’ll see a backlash :smiley:

I’m still waiting for saxe blue eyes for Void Elves instead of old fashion blue eyes, it will be a good equivalent to Golden Blood Elf eyes.

Another nerf to arcane torrent might do the trick

1 Like

Because it’s so useful outside that one pull in Tol Dagor.

/s

1 Like