How to fix faction Imbalance? Suggestion thread

They will do it to 100%. They have also confirmed in one of their smaller interviews that they have been working on cross-faction features. It was on wowhead, shortly after the last BlizzCon.

I just wish I knew what the actual topic was in the news there, I can’t find it on google for now.

Change that to ‘‘Might’’, because you cant be 100% on anything.

It was confirmed back then that they are testing it. If anyone wants to be a helping hand, feel free to look through the wowhead news. Maybe I’ll find it within the next few minutes but I hardly believe that.

the pvp vendors a locked behinde shadowland max level content in alpha u need to be level 60 to buy pvp stuff from pvp vendor and u need shadowlands honor tokens to buy the stuff with so u have to kill players in the shadowland zones to get this tokens …

No, I didn’t :open_mouth:

1 Like

I mean Ion (yeah yeah I know cant trust him these days but whatevs) straight up said on the Blizzcon stage that Cross faction play was not in the cards when he was asked that question.

Most people dont care about racials, they care about top tier players that swap to horde/ali because of said racials…

I was just pointing out why draenai/worgen should have their racials redisigned to something “better” while there are still horde races wish as “bad” racials.

Dont get me wrong, there is inbalance and we know it. But buffing one while leaving other bad doesnt fix it, and untill it will be something reaaaaly OP people wont switch there. And then there will either be people crying on how op it is, or there will be another inbalance but with switched sides.

EMFH should return to previous glory

Mercenary should be removed. I agree that this is mostly helping Horde. I am using it 24/7 while farming Epic Battlegrounds. Short queues and lot of wins :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yikes will seriously consider quiting

1 Like

Odd. My winrate is between 65 and 80% depending on the BG, and I’m not running premades very often! I just sign up and win. The only exception is the new Deepwind Gorge, which I despise. It always bugs out on the scoreboard and the layout is awful. Vastly preferred the old one, dunno what possessed them to change it into this pile of goo.

However I do experience that around 80-90% of the BG are actually Horde players. That is to say in a WSG, there are between 1 and 3 other Alliance players. Everyone else are mercenaries.

So given the fact that I’m winning tons of games with mercenaries, I don’t think they’re trying to sabotage me. If you can find evidence that alliance is losing a ton please direct me to it. I can’t find it.

That’s ridiculous. I’m not having any problems in Warmode. Perhaps it’s my Amazingly Intimidating Presence™, but I doubt it.

Alliance has one good racial and that’s Shadowmeld. Everything else is mediocre at best. Horde, on the other hand, have very good racials. This whole slippery slope to the Horde actually started in Tomb of Sargeras, during which Kil’jaedan was unkillable for Alliance. Horde could kill it though because of a racial.

They did, absolutely. The alliance allied races is a bunch of uninspired garbage.

Void Elves are blood elves except blue. They’re actually perfectly fine, but because they are High Elves but then not actually after all it felt like a spit in the face - even if it was unintended. Then Blizzard said “Just go Horde if you want High Elves” - that turned it into an actual spit in the face.

Lightforged Draenei are completely uninteresting. Then again so are Highmountain Tauren, so that’s a 1-for-1.

Dark Iron Dwarves are okay, but Mag’har Orcs are the Horde equivalent and they’ve got much, much more variety and options on it.

Kul’tiran is a pretty good effort, but so are the Zandalari.

Mechagnome is literally garbage. I mean when I think of mechagnomes, there’s a lot of really cool ones around from Ulduar and places like that, but no - of course our mechagnomes would come from a literal trash island and of course all leggings would look like diapers on it. Gah.

The racials are all terrible as well with the exception of the Dark Iron in PvP. That’s pretty good. But other than that? Yeah, no.

Interesting, but that’s nowhere near the top of /r/wow

1 Like

Seems to have dropped to the Top 5 posts atm.

Shadowmeld, mechagnomes (idk name), LFD… All quite strong racials. And horde got what? Troll orc and Belf? Horde also has racials that are “meh” look at tauren, nice they got aoe stun, but it apply Dr and os realy a niche. Same could applu to HMT. Goblins? Pretty much same.

Tho i have no idea what was problemt with Tomb, havent played much back then and not even raiding so didnt care, but wasnt root of this imbalance horde bias stuff somewhere in mop/wod?

No, it’s on hot, and it doesn’t have that many upvotes yet. Posts on top have 50k+ upvotes.

Meanwhile my food order got titanforged. I ordered food, it arrived, then the same brand brought another one of the same order. I told them I was brought once already, already got my order but delivery said “I don’t know, it is already paid” and I took the second one.

I suspected myself if I’ve become schizophreniac but the other food they delivered is in my refrigerator :thinking: I can see and touch it.

What the hell is going on here :thinking: I checked my card history only 1 is paid.

Yess, instant race change then.

I love when people take one tiny snippet out of context.

:scream:

1 Like

A perfect demonstration :slight_smile: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Correct.

It’s so famously amazing you don’t even know what it’s called xD

It’s not amazing at all.

The ToS problem was goblin was mandatory unless you had a teleport during the darkness phase on Kil’jaedan. Only Horde guilds could kill it for months.

It was already getting horde-dominated due to the prevelence of PvP kill windows during stuns and how Orcs are very good at dealing with this, but this made it MUCH worse. You’d think it doesn’t really affect anybody but the very top, however everyone’s always wanting to play around their heroes, and that is now the Horde.

Blizzard never did anything about this, and throughout BfA there have been many, many bosses that were clearly biased in favour of the Horde. Zul Reborn for instance is much, much easier if you’ve got Blood Elves around. Otherwise you have to stack priests for MD’s.

Well… :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s actually a response to the context. You say that Alliance is always so outnumbered it gets slaughtered in WPvP. I’m telling you that isn’t true in my experience.

The real solution is to remove the arbitrary 2-faction system and replace it with something that actually makes sense for continuing the story, instead of existing solely to justify battlegrounds that don’t need to be justified anyway.

You’re correct about mercenary mode. But if we removed it, and kept the honor bonus in bgs for alliance, it would incentivize the horde players who want shorter queues and more honor to actually play alliance, and not just larp as it via mercenary mode, thus increasing the total active alliance population.

I personally think mercenary mode is driving the faction imbalance even further, not only can you play Horde for the benefits of being the bigger faction, more m+ groups, more mythic raiding guilds, more pugs, etc, with mercenary mode you can ALSO gain the benefits of being the disadvantaged faction, which is really contraproductive if you ask me.

2 Likes