How to help SoM + Classic era

To cite myself. We KNOW when and where SoM players will go:

We know WHEN:

We know WHERE:

Aggrend even updated to Wrath Classic server.

Link: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/please-let-som-players-transfer-to-tbcwotlk-when-it-is-over/1263839/36

Despite the differences, SoM chars will have a home in Classic Era as confirmed by Blizzard.

Sure they will have to adapt to a different gameplay including World Buffs and all. But still, the changes were minimal, and once progressed, they will fit right in.

Also, and as a Classic Era player myself, I am all for new SoMs or new Classic rereleases. People who need and want fresh will have their wishes fulfilled, and we Classic Era players can expect a number of those players to join us once the rereleases are progressed.

In any case, I still believe the best option is to roll directly on Classic Era for multiple reasons many times discussed. But I can understand the urge for fresh.

1 Like

People want progression plus the game is good in early stages, later on becomes boring. Between AQ and Naxx noticeable amount of people just stops playing. Plus the population can play a role :wink:

I think you are wrong on both accounts. The first one was stated by blue, the second is that “seasonal” implies a sequence

1 Like

You’re right in thinking him wrong :wink:

We’re some still liking to play WoW as it was in the beginning.

We have few guilds on Era, few guilds on SoM, few guilds on vanilla pservers and most of OG Classic players is either in WoTLK or is not playing. From Blizzard perspective those not playing or on pservers are subs lost so they will try a fresh/a new season to get the back even if for a while. On the other hand they will not want to make version specialized only to one group of players and will be aiming wide (wherever successful or not it’s debatable).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.