How to use the auction houses in World of Warcraft

Hi, I am having difficulty navigating these forums so my appologies if I posted this in the wrong section. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I found an action house in the Valley of Strength, Ogrimmar and I believe I bought a helmet using the buyout button in the auctioneer’s interface. From what I gather it should appear in my mailbox then.

Well, I found a mailbox and it it full of stuff, mostly recrafting agents, no idea how they got there btw, but no helmet. That helmet cost me quite bit of gold, so I would like to know what exactly happened to it.

Can someone better explain auctions, buying out and mailboxes? There’s a lot of information online, but it is hard to find exactly what I need to know.

The reason I need to buy a helmet and other armor is because some of my Horde Troll’s armor is of way too low a level compared to his current level of 41. This means opponents of an equal level can easily beat my troll due to the underleveled equipment. I need to fix that in order to continue my quests in WOW.

1 Like

Firstly, don’t use auction addons unless you know exactly how they work. Some can autobuy stuff.

Think of it like ebay. You look for it, pick which one you want and buy it, then it’s delivered to your mail. If the mailbox is full then take the stuff out until you get to the item you bought. You might have to close the window down and open it up again to get the items that aren’t listed.

DO NOT LEAVE STUFF IN YOUR MAIL. Once the timer runs out it will disappear and you won’t get it back.

This section is for Warcraft classic.

1 Like

No, I don’t use add-ons, so that shouldn’t be a problem. And yes, I noticed there appears to be time limit on how long something stays in the mailbox. How do I check what happened to that helmet I thought I bought?

EDIT:
Found it! :slight_smile: It was in my bags all this time. Must have overlooked it among all the other stuff that I found in the mailbox. Problem solved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everyone’s done that at some time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.