Human heritage feedback

As a human main (Hunter) I gotta say I’m disappointed.

It’s too Paladin/ Priest/ scarlet crusades vibes.

The robe is probably my biggest complaint as it looks too bland like I’m the daughter of a scarlet crusade priest leader.

Instead, what I hoped to see is something similar to that vanilla/classic wow art of the human female mage wearing a red robe. Now that robe is what I hoped to see. Fits priests, mage, and warlock and I might even wear it on my hunter too cause I like giving my hunter dresses/robes

Anyway just a review. Hope no one got offended.

One positive thing I liked is the multiple colors. Really helps with RP as we don’t all Roleplay Stormwind humans. But that’s it

So again my biggest complaint is the robe is too modest/ bland.

2 Likes

If anyone can post this with TL3, so people know the reference

Anizah here

First: Sorry, have no rights either, so I can’t post pictures for you.

That’s definitely a complaint I share. The robe looks like an afterthought and the person implementing it just compied a classic robe… it has as many pixels and textures. Very disappointing.

Well, don’t get me wrong - I toally understand your frustration - but I have to point out that humans weren’t able to be hunters not long ago, so maybe the devs decided to ignore them for that reason.

Personally I’m just jeallous of the new heritage sets. They have color / style variations! Hell, give me that for all older Heritage Armors! Once again the devs are rising standards but just conveniently forget about older races and rising them to that very same standard! All heritage armour should be reworked and get some other colors & robes added!

1 Like

It’s literally a Footman from Warcraft III.

1 Like

Thats plain wrong you could be a hunter since Cata thats 7 epac’s ago and 13 years ago. Its like people just love to make up random stuff.

I think they went to the Lordareonian rute who were the de facto Humans for a long time and seen them in WC 1-2-3
While the WoW humans are either from the kingdom of Stormwind or survivors from somewhere
As I wrote in an other thread Human heritage armour is complicated, after all, what “racial” armour could define a race that was fragmented in to tribes then kingdoms after the time of Tyr and the Vrykul parents smuggled them to an unknown lands?
I mean, Humanity on Azeroth never was “unified”, there is no fashion the would define the race unlike with the others
The Kingdom of Alterac was different than the Kingdom of Gilneas, Gilneas was/is different than Kul Tiras (and the Kul Tirans were Gilnean settlers!) and so on; fashion sometimes language or at least accent, all different
The closest they had was the Arathorian Empire , the first great human nation founded by the unification of the various tribes of the northern reaches of Eastern Kingdoms under the Arathi…
…almost 2000 years ago, give or take a century
(A bit same with the orcs, with the various Clans, customs… untill the Horde there wasn’t an “unified” look for the Orcs, and frankly it is a bit foolish to base the racial armour around a look that is an abominaton and shamefull past for the race)
WoW Humans are more or less from Stormwind, tho’ walking around in Stormwind, I can’t pinpoint a Stormwindian fashion, well except the Stormwind guard armour, but that is basically already in the game, and most of the classes not walking around with half a ton of portable oven on them :thinking:
At this point Stormwind is a bit a cultural meltingpot of the human survivors after the Scourge and various wars and end of the world scenarios - at least in my humble oppinion
So I guess Blizzard went with the, “okay, what comes to mind when you think about Humans?”
And they got that what became the “heritage”.

2 Likes

here is the image that I think the OP saw
Personally I just dislike the helms but that can be fixed with other helm mogs

The mage in the middle is actually a reference to that old school female mage art. They just changed it so she has no midriff exposed. The fruit bowl treatment :wink: They also have her a belt, helm and shoulderpads

4 Likes

Nice observation, but am I the only one who find the chest and shoulder bit not matching the robe at all? And belt. I also hate the helm, but that is not unusual, and doesn’t matter much.

At least they added a caster variation. Not sure where rogues and hunters fit in here though.

I think that we all hate the helm

You’re a human main in a fantasy game.
But i will take your critisism i am certain you are verry euh… creative

oh lol, no, I didn’t make it up, I’m just so old this feels like it was yesterday. xD

1 Like

The robe needs some more love. And hopefully comes in other colors too and some more 3d assets and details too it. Than a basic quest robe :c

What is wrong with that

Nothing wrong with that. It’s just boring. The robe doesn’t have any ooomph

I’m with you there.
Very very disappointed.

Oh no. My biggest complaint is that we’re getting YET ANOTHER STORMWIND FOOTMAN set.
I wanted something different.

Ah I see, you want a Goldshire tmog, yea unfortunately they are not like that.

Terrible. The same tired look that they’ve been trying to pull off for a decade and still not managing it. It’s annoying how the orc gets the better deal. Why not use some inspiration from the MoP cinematic. That’s a nice armor. So is anyone in the Alliance not a Sromwind guard at this point? And that robe version, lazy stuff. I’m guessing I’m supposed to think they went risqué by making it red instead of blue and not notice they glued that piece of leather with some rings on it to the chest and that’s it? Terrible.

And I’m assuming the OP is talking about the sexy Jaina type robe. Activision and female outfits that reveal skin are two things that don’t mix.

That’s my only complaint. It’s incredibly lazy, and it was definitely an afterthought to try and cater to humans that are not melee.

The robe could be a million times better looking if they had made the effort to make the textures 3d.

if your gonna put words in my mouth im not even gonna reply. the classic mage robe is not even goldshire material. it just shows a bit of belly. i doubt anyone will be offended by a belly. im muslim and im not offended

this :100:

human hunter struggles :pensive: :fist:

thats exactly the robe i was talking about. much better and it fits warlocks, mages, and priest.

this would be awesome on my orc shaman