Human trinket racial to work only on stuns

Yep, unfortunately it doesn’t work that way if you have players that are here from the start and stuck with it, and allowed the game to progress to wotlk in the first place.

The best way to deal with it imo, is increasing the cooldown, or balancing pvp trinkets by not allowing pve-ones. They could also put trinket set bonuses in the game, or even introduce new pvp trinkets. They said, that they’re gonna balance it, so why is everyone so upset for no reason

Imagine you start playing classic wow and you like to play Alliance, your racials suck and you get stomped on by the opposite faction who have at least the same and mostly better choices of both actives and passives. You think this is unfair, but you get told this is vanilla and if you don’t like to play vanilla, you shouldn’t play vanilla.

Then you move to TBC, you choose a human and your perception now has even less value, and your spirit bonus is completely worthless in comparison to any horde active or passive Racial. You think this is unfair, but you get told this is the burning crusade and if you don’t like to play the burning crusade, you shouldn’t play the burning crusade.

Then Wrath of the Lich King comes, finally your time to shine! As Horde racials get nerfed and your human racial will actually give you the edge for once! Oh Boy!

Some Hordies (Devs) come along, and since now they’re the ones missing out for once, despite it being in Wrath of the Lich King as played. Argue that for the sake of fairness, racials should be balanced and the game should be changed from how it was.

I don’t play human, but damn, yes I understand angry people. I’d rather thave the race change available.

6 Likes

Taking turns on who is OP/underdog at a moment is not balance and definitely not fair at all. As an authority (Blizzard in this case), you have to step in at a moment and cease the madness once and for good regardless of some individuals getting angry. And this is generaly speaking, not only related to WoW.

Imagine picking your race, and going as far as to reroll, based on a racial skill in a 15 year old videogame to compete in an unbalanced arena nobody really cares for or has no real rewards out of pixels or titles like it did back in original wotlk.

2 Likes

I’ll pull from Silent shadows, people don’t seem to understand how stealth works in TBCC.

By default, a level 70 player will be able to see a stealthed unit from 5 yards away, with every 5 incremental points of Stealth corresponding to one incremental yard. In addition to this, Night Elves have one extra yard.

First of all, you need to know that Stealth caps at 1-yard minimum. You can play with a Stealth score of 1000 but your enemy will still be able to see you one yard away.

Fully Talent rogue with panther trinket stealth score: 370 (1 Yard detection range for default lvl 70 player)

• Rogue detection talent: +3/6 (1 yard extra stealth detection)
  • Engineering Goggles (passive): +5 (1 yard extra stealth detection)
  • Felhunter Paranoia: +30 (6 yards extra stealth detection)
  • Human Perception: +50 (8 yards extra stealth detection)

So that’s (430 - 370) / 5 = 12 yard detection range.

Yes, at higher ratings you wont find rogues, because they know how overpowered this is. They will stay max range or just shadowstep sap/cheap you.

But if you transpose those numbers to a Human rogue - they gain another 2 yards from talents and goggles, so that’s 14 yard stealth detection, plus they are stealthed and can hunt you down MUCH more easily.

I get that playing against a rogue is frustrating. But imagine UD rogues didn’t have WOTF to completely ignore an extra fear? I think you’d prefer that to the extra stealth detection right? It’s just a quality of life change for everyone involved. Less RNG and Rock-Paper-Scissors

1 Like

Imagine failing to get higher than level 13 and thinking people are about your opinion.

I was telling everyone that horde will cry so hard that emfh will be removed in wotlk, i was saying 1 year ago when blizz was buffing zugs and every zug was telling me that it wont happen for sure, thanks for proving my point.

5 Likes

How do you think WotF affect Warrior, Priest and Warlock players?

Warrior has Berz rage, Priest has fear ward, lock has felhunter dispel. Losing WOTF is much less impactful on them than it is for a Rogue. But rogue wouldn’t have to deal with Orc stun resists so that would balance it out.

but thats not because human is op

in S5 horde just 90% of the time loses the BG so gearing is quicker on Alliance
in S5 Horde is way way way better
in S8 its Human cuz of ICC Death Verdict Trinkets.

But ENhancer Comps are still better on Horde

also that will make specific comps much much worse if they nerf human and also i lvld all my humans from beginning? and sufferd ganking and faction inbalance from beginning kidna unfair huh

How do any of those things help them when the UD rogue that is on them pops WotF?

I play gnome rogue I created just for the lulz at somewhere around 2k rating, 90% of arenas are against rogue+something and its literally only about who finds who first … if you are against human rogue its almost always insta loss …

I regret a lot not going for human now :smiley:

That’s just the bracket dude. You can be mediocre at rogue at 1800-1900 and do well. Human rogues gain rating by beating non-human rogues on the opener.

Getting past them means having a partner who understand how to “break” your opponents rogue - doing things like fearing them so they can’t chain stuns, or so you can land a full kidney during evasion.

Yeah sure, I suck as a rogue, I never actually played it on TBC before, so theres always room for improvement …

But it gets kinda annoying when like every other arena starts with “he saw me” xD … whole advantage rogue gets from stealth is countered with click of one button … hell I even started using those stupid eng google that give you active detection :smiley:

Yeah getting to sap the enemy rogue in every arena game unless it is also a human sounds like a very bad racial indeed. Also stoneform totally sucks for example when you are a priest.

All-in all, I would argue that alliance has some really good situational racials, where horde has better generic racials which work in almost every situation.

Imagine thinking opinions on a graveyard forum matter in the first place.

Thanks for the explanation. I never knew paranoia was THAT good. I assume you are sure about this number. Even so though, I still do not understand what the 430 comes from.

troll or stupid. nerf orc racial + beserking + belf racial as well?

Just leave it as it is. Horde has more players anyway oh and how did will of the forsaken work the past few years??? OH RIGHT IT WAS OVERPOWERED!

people needing racial to be changed in order to become better in pvp are just sad

1 Like