Hunter FD+Trap Issues BLUE POST NEEDED

Adding me 2 cents to the topic, trying to share this on all FD + Trap posts because they are completely true.

Videos that FD + Trap combo worked perfectly in Vanilla and doesn’t now in Classic:

1 Like

Another one, you can slow down the speed of the video to see it more clearly:

2 Likes

:smiley:

Vanish has been actually bugged for years. Being hit, especially by hunter pets, after entering the inroved stealth state. Stay ignorant.

I apologize then, I used the wrong example. My condolences for blizz screwing you over that way.

Take any other major defensive ability in the game that’s working correctly and substitute it for vanish instead in my previous post.

That’s not all entirely factual

And I take the vanilla videos with a pinch of salt- 15 years ago folk posted successes not failures

The main point to consider though is that Blizzards Blue Post does not state an issue with FD mechanic other than camera movement

And - lots of hunters posting macros they state work for them

It’s hard to see the truth in all of this - but I’m leaning towards lots of folk believing it is fundamentally broken when it isn’t

But I do think hunters should stop repeating the same thread over and over- it’s pretty much destroying the forums

Still not working as of 25/9.

agree and i don’t know why there are no moderators to merge these posts

also

Hunter Feign Death / Trap Bugfix Progress

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=295293/hunter-feign-death-trap-bugfix-progress

1 Like

Nice, we actually got a response and stuff.
Actually kinda excited.
Very cool

Don’t get too excited. The success rate of FD+trap is now much higher BUT there is still a massive delay overall. It feels like you have to stand still for 2-3 sec and hammer the macro key. Pretty bad if it should work “instant” in <1 sec.

Still bugged as of 27/9. Takes several seconds for combat to drop after FD.

2 Likes

Still bugged as of 30/9.

1 Like

Still bugged as of 06/10. 1-2 second delay between casting feign death and freezing trap.

2 Likes

I got an hunter on lvl 39 when i decided to reroll priest. Nothing working and the issue to me is the pet managment. There’s a delay when giving orders to the pet and this dealy means u can’t just put in a macro all together and hope it works. Pet is slow & dumb like hell. Leeway mecanic makes a warrior hit you from 10 yards ecc. SO… are we playing on an early version of some 2010 emulator? No. MaNGOS worked much better 9 years ago!

1 Like

Confirmed this still doesn’t work properly.

Hello, Blizzard fixed Feign Death combat drop (FD had delay to drop combat and now FD drop combat instantly), problem is that Trap still have SICK delay after FD…@Blizzard so you fixed FD delay, now fix Trap delay please.FD+trap should be instant without delay of FD or trap either.

For every high Skilled Hunter Trap delay in PVP means big troubles:
Opponent can see that Hunter used FD+trap and with that delay between Feign death and trap can easy use Skull Of Impending Doom and cancel trap or slow or they just can hit 1-2 bonus hit between FD and trap… it is terrible for every Skilled hunter.Trap Delay is bug and that have to be fixed.Still doesn’t works as intended.

1 Like

Can someone post the one macro that works right now? My previous macro which worked 70% of the time now doesn’t do anything anymore.
So confused…

Still bugged as of 09/10. Takes 1-2 seconds to cast freezing trap after using feign death.

1 Like

Bro u have to wait first them to fix it.

i use it manually (FD with petstay or petfollow, to stop it from attacking and then Trap on a different Keybind).

Use mouse scrolls for it and works like a charm.