Hunter rework!

Highlighting some changes, Survival specific on the bottom:

• New Talent: Padded Armor – Survival of the Fittest gains an additional charge.

I can see some synergy with these two:

• New Talent: Moment of Opportunity – When a trap triggers, you gain Aspect of the Cheetah for 3 seconds. Can only occur every 1 minute.

• New Talent: Scout’s Instincts – You cannot be slowed below 80% of your normal movement speed while Aspect of the Cheetah is active.

Rogues will want to uninstall after this:

• New Talent: Kindling Flare – Stealthed enemies revealed by Flare remain revealed for 3 seconds after exiting the flare.

Here you can start the game from stealth without a pet, stun trap the healer as easy as that, don’t have to worry about your pet being in LoS or getting CC’d.

• New Talent: Territorial Instincts – Intimidation summons a pet if you do not have one out and stuns two additional nearby enemies at 50% effectiveness.

Meh, still too long cooldown on Turtle and Cheetah. 2 charges for Survival of the Fittest is a step in the right direction however.

• Born to be Wild now reduces Aspect of the Cheetah, Survival of the Fittest, and Aspect of the Turtle by 30 seconds (was 7/15%).

Looks like we’ll have some extra talent points now. Will come in handy.

• The following talents are now 1 point:

Improved Traps
    Pathfinding
    Trailblazer
    Wilderness Medicine
    Natural Mending
    Rejuvenating Wind

The following talents have been removed:

• Arctic Bola. RIP one of the few cool spell animations this class still has left.
  • Serpent Sting. Seems like we’re getting it baseline.
  • And some more

Survival specific

• Mastery: Spirit Bond has been redesigned – You and your pet deal increased damage and take 3% reduced damage, increased by 100% when within 25 yards of each other.

6% damage reduction with decent uptime isn’t bad, but still not even remotely close to WoD Spirit Bond; 2% HP every 2 sec.

• Spearhead has been redesigned – You and your pet charge your enemy target, applying a heavy bleed that increases your chance to critically strike them by 30% for 10 seconds.

Maybe this button will be more than a (somewhat) reliable charge now. Way too often you won’t move at all when pressing it. Hope they’ll fix that.

The following talents have been removed:

• Birds of Prey, among others. So no more AoE kill shots. Big oof.

They’re removing our cool colorful bombs, class will look even less aesthetic now. Blah.

• Wildfire Infusion has been redesigned – Mongoose Bite and Raptor Strike have a 15% chance to reset Kill Command’s cooldown. Kill Command reduces the cooldown of Wildfire Bomb by 2 seconds.
1 Like

To those that don’t want to read they already updated the war within talent calculator.

First impression SV and BM

Both tree looking good SV got some real options

And BM have also nice stuff i am exited, more dot effects

Genaral tree we still have too take death chakrams Sadge and some talents are dead bad but does it matter if the other stuff is good and you not have infinity points

But hard too say more without testing

After trying this out, it looks HUGE.

• Explosive Trap and Binding Shot are back!

The plays you can make with these two are limitless.

• Aspect of the Eagle 1 min cooldown.

Giga

• 1 minute Coordinated Assault.
  • 1 minute Spearhead. Insane.

I’m sad to say I think there’s gonna be a nerf.
Coordinated Assault doesn’t give Kill Shot reduced cooldown anymore though, so you only get 2 per CA.

• Scare Beast, now easier to pick up.

Useful little utility that wrecks Ferals, Bears and Xuen, among others.
We’ll see if Undead Hunter pets will be the meta, but probably yeah. Useless vs those.

• Emergency Salve removes poison and disease effects on Feign and Turtle.

Still won’t help too much vs all those bleeds, which are far more prevalent.
Taking Mending Bandage is seldom a top pick, but this has incredible use in certain matchups, and don’t forget PvE scenarios. A good example is Brackenhide Hollow.
Very few non-healers can remove poisons and diseases.

Ill add more later.

1 Like

Love LOVE seeing the damage buffs for all, and while I know a lot of these will be adjusted or even removed, I am mostly happy that Hunter utility has been upgraded + easier to access.

As well as non-pet utility interaction with Intimidation! Super excited to see these tested and at work. I am just happy to have a button to press whenever my healers shout for defensives or to sustain myself during frequent and/or deadly damage windows!

Edit: Wholeheartedly admitting I fangirl’d a bit loudly when the rework was announced!

Lokking deeper into the general tree

Should Explosive shot and Death Chakrams be a choice nood too reduce button bloat

Atm. There is no way if you dont want too loose a hugh damage junk by not picking boath

1 Like

With the Lone wolf-change, I’m still only wondering if there really is a point to not have disband pet on instant for MM? The only time we would go with a pet is to BL but having to lose 3 sec of your own BL having to disband is kind of scuffed. I get that they wouldn’t want MM hunters in PVP to be able to disband pets on a whim if they’re attacked, but for PvE it wouldn’t make any huge impact? I’d rather have summon pet on a cast rather than disband, at least for MM.

That sounds horrible, both abilities are very important and would be a huge nerf to hunters. If you have a problem with buttons you can always reroll DH.

Steeltrap got nerfed for 80% will hunter damage be lower or will they just balance arround the fact and shift damage too any other ability ?

Damage tuning did not happen yet chill, was just a question if only i feel like this, i dislike deathchakram thats it

You can play fistweaver if this is too hard for you too understand

At least Blizzard actually delivered something, I will wait for the obvious hunter bugs on the current build to be fixed before we can talk about how strong we’re going to be in TWW.

That’s a weird argument, people are still gonna play steeltrap. I don’t know the rotation for pve, but the nerf on Steeltrap doesn’t affect hunters damage at all. That talent is picked as a utility because of the undispellable root.

Yeah would help but something else they could do would simply make Lone Wolf apply instantly instead of slowly stacking up

They will balance Hunter damage at the end if everythink is set in stone with the Talents
Atm. Is the best time moving talents arround removing or adding stuff

You do NOT be worri about the damage at this moment

You are the one talking about the damage??

I am not worried about the tuning of damage, never said such words either.

You are just trolling at this point.

So it would be a hugh nerf too what, what else beside damage could you talk there pls enlightn me, i must have get you rly wrong at your first statement and we maybe talk about differnt stuff

Bro I’m not gonna sit here and argue with you for this long. If you were talking about removing some useless filler or micro cc to reduce bloat im all for it. But you are suggesting to remove a key ability for our burst just because it’s to hard for you.

Both of you the reason it is nerfed so much is because it is on a choice node with High explosive trap in the General Class tree.

They do not want it to be a high damage thing just some extra damage it is mostly the utility that matters from it.

1 Like

Well, looks like Hunter is back on the Menu bois! :smiley:
I love the changes, especially that we can now Intimidate without having our pet out, and it having a slight AoE component. <3

Marksmanhunter tree looks awesome and i cant wait to play it.

2 Likes

it looks real nice i have some issues but those i think i would need to actually play the beta to know if they are issues.

Have you noticed that there are 2 different talent points reducing Survival of the fittest with 30seconds? and there is one that makes us get 2 charges of it?
And it is reduced to 2min cooldown base?
So 1min cooldown with 2 charges at 30% damage reduction if i am seeing things correctly.

I am honestly ecstatic to see Marksman get some well deserved utility and easier choices for more CC at last. I know we’re not exactly the cannon-mounted DPS we are meant to be at the moment, but I am crossing my fingers we will keep our utility listed at least!