Hypothesis - The 250 Anima elite WQ's gone OR spawn-nerfed since Anima got buffed from dungeons+raids

Im NOT talking about the elite quests that only come up when the callings that correspond to them are active.

More the “Kill two elites inside Theater of Pain arena” and “Close 5 portals south-western part of Ardenwield”

Nobody’s actually CONFIRMING it happened; instead, a lot of people perceive it to be happening because there is no evidence to the contrary. And that is totally understandable.

Few resets ago, Blizzard upped the amount of anima from dungeons and raids. Since then, I personally have not seen a single 250 anima WQ, except for the world boss.

Now, you can say there is no empirical evidence that they changed the open world to reward less anima, but:

1. A whole lot of people are perceiving that this is, in fact, true, because there have been no 250 anima WQs this week and last week (for me at least), except for the world boss quest.
  2. Blizzard is well known for padding out its systems to keep people on the hook as long as possible, and therefore it is quite possible that they adjusted open world WQ anima rewards downward, believing there is a balance that needs to be made with the additional dungeon/raid WQs.

In other words, it is both ABSOLUTELY POSSIBLE and COMPLETELY WITHIN THE REALM OF BELIEVABILITY & UNDERSTANDING OF BLIZZARD to assume that they have, indeed, made this change.

Have you noticed a slower spawn of these WQs or not spawning at all?

3 Likes

I have noticed that those quests come up a lot less now,

I cant remember when the last time was.

4 Likes

@ Dathromar

Interesting. I haven’t noticed the WQs on my map for soon 2 weeks as well.

This week the 250 was the Maldraxxus Chosen Champions wasn’t it?

1 Like

Both the Theatre of Pain and the Ardenweald one were up last week

Useful trinket quests seem to have temporarily vanished too, or they are never max item lvl.

Only giving gold though.

Theatre gave “only” gear; ardenweald is correct.

1 Like

Last reset we had fill the bar in Mist area and kill 2 mobs in ToP before the Leg armour rewards popped up again .

theater of pain wq had epic legs reward thats all i saw
and one of the other clear elite fill the bar had 800 ish gold reward

Yesterday yes but 3 days before that was 250 AP .

2 Likes

thats right
are the 250 anima world quests suppose to be rare?

1 Like

I know we are meant to get at least 1 x 250 WQ per week in the same area as world boss so we might get one pop up close to the WB soon but who knows they nerfed the dungeon quests to give less per week :frowning:

1 Like

@ Cvetelina / Deastra

As far as I know those two WQs Im talking about never offered any sort of items, only Anima. So IMO it is odd if they offer an item instead of Anima, that only strengthens the argument in the OP.

Or I experienced a weird kind of RNG that never gave me an item from these two quests, only Anima.

Anima is the carrot on the stick. It is what Blizzard is using to make players do the content they want. People are farming anima through WQs and Blizzard want to change that. Example:

1. Players are bypassing dungeon bosses and only kill the last one because of sucky loot drops -> let all dungeon bosses drop anima. Players still bypass dungeon bosses -> increase anima drop on all dungeon bosses.

2. Players complain about LFR ques being too long -> increase Anima drops on LFR raid bosses to draw heroic and myhtic raiders to farm anima from LFR.

3. Torgast / Maw sucks -> throw anima at it.

Basically any complaints about content -> Blizzard will throw Anima at it.
My guess is that new Maw zone in 9.1 will be loaded with Anima at first.

4 Likes

And today’s 250 anima quest was disrupting dominance keep. That’s 2 I’ve done since Wednesday, I did 2 last week, I don’t think they’re any rarer now than they ever have been.

@ Tellenis

My first sentence in the OP " Im NOT talking about the elite quests that only come up when the callings that correspond to them are active."

2 Likes

Oops, ok, fair enough.

No that was for gold.

i know right it was odd indeed

1 Like

Oh, I’ve been levelling an alt from 59-60 just by doing the Theatre of Pain quest whenever it has 250 anima. I wondered if it was just confirmation bias that made me think it hadn’t been up for a while, but maybe they have reduced it.

If they have, and that is still a massive if, it seems like a particularly crappy thing to do. Could be because they’re seeing a lot of people aren’t bothering with the godawful multi-stage or bar-filling WQs anymore.

Still a big if though.

The last one of these I saw rewarded a hat worse than I had (and mine isn’t exactly good), so even these aren’t giving anima every time.

It could be RNG, I remember when I dinged 60 there weren’t many of those WQs and I barely managed to do the 1k per week for a couple of weeks in a row but then there were some weeks where I saw two or three of those 250 animas and it was easy.