I Am Undead And I Need Help

Dar’Khan Drathir.

Arguably a death knight, like the NPC in Acherus.

“Arguably” my foot he casts Warlocks spells.

He’s a necromancer, and he was raised by Arthas himself, with Frostmourne.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1036368874490302484/1096115337361117344/20230413_195008.jpg

Poured a new scented candle by hand as a gift for a friend’s birthday tomorrow. This one succeeded a lot better than my previous one! I got the wick centered thanks to the advice given by @Levey from my last pour!

1 Like

Highly depends, but generally they are their own type of undead.

Would an abomination made from only elven parts be considered a darkfallen though?

He’s not, and I have Sunwell trilogy around here somewhere too.

1 Like

We all are, Obahar. We all are…

Dar’Khan Drathir, he isn’t a death knight. He’s more of a caster. There’s Lyandra Sunstrider and Lorash Sunbeam.

Yeah, not a death knight.

Edit: He is probably some kind of voidmancer, thinking about it. The void elves were studying his research, after all.

2 Likes

Yes, one hundred percent.

(I’m shading Blizzard for retconning the term.)

Still means he’s kinda the same category as Sylvanas, raised by the man himself. Or the San’layn.

I have feeling elves get special treatment in undeath and don’t just come back alive out of the blue. That might just be headcanon due to lacking example.

EDIT: Sort-of like at the Battle of Darkshore. Don’t think we have ANY other elf coming back alive and “sane” than the specifically raised dark rangers, do we?

Is sanity a criteria for being darkfallen?

Well there’s always the cursed ghosts of Aszuna or the risen dead of Black Rook Hold (not insane, just manipulated by a Dreadlord) if those Scourge-based examples are lacking.

So? Arthas raised a lot of people.

Lorash and Lyandra didn’t get any special treatment. Dar’Khan didn’t either beyond him having been raised by Arthas himself, who as stated raised a lot of people.

Because the story of these night elven dark rangers is Sentinels being raised.

I don’t think shambling corpses and skeletons of the death scar can be called “darkfallen”. There’s no reference there.

I was talking about Lord Bartholomew from Light’s Hope Chapel. I guess that makes TWO undead paladins! (Zeliek doesn’t even have lore, does he?)

Sir Zeliek’s lore is being sad.

2 Likes

You are right in so far that we don’t know if all of them are elven undead, but any undead elf is a Darkfallen. It’s a name for any and all undead elves.

Leonid Bartholomew was a paladin in life, but in undeath he is a warrior.

1 Like

Ah! That makes so much more sense! I was genuinely always confused as to why he was a forsaken paladin! x)

I mean, you’re not wrong…

1 Like