I Am Undead And I Need Help

Ever since I saw Sylvanas on the bloody battlefield
I have known my dire calling and was ready to commit.
Blizzard finally gave an option to fulfill my deepest dreams
And I joyfully created a Darkfallen gloomy priest.
All is set, the story’s written, and I wear my scarlet robe
But my fellow Argent hordies warn me that I’ll play alone.
“You are bad and you are evil. We will /spit on you on sight.”
Is it fun or is it fair? I don’t think that it’s alright.
Please, don’t take it all too far.
Signed, San’layn in Orgrimmar.

1 Like

Well, there’s your problem right there. Don’t RP as the enemy in a faction capital.

9 Likes

Why is it always the san’layn and “redeemed” dark ranger players that post cringe such as this?

Furthermore - why do you act as if everyone has to treat your villain character as not a villain purely because you say out of character that they are not a villain?

5 Likes

Swirlie all San’layn
Push San’layn into lockers
Steal San’layn lunch money
Give San’layn atomic wedgies

5 Likes

If San’layn have lunch money then why are there blood banks?
Is it money for their lunch or is it lunch that is money? :thinking:

2 Likes

Hypothetically any race can pledge loyalty to any faction. We know for a fact that Void Elves, former Blood Elves, mysteriously appeared in BfA and joined the Alliance. We know there are Darkfallen customization options for the Alliance, too. We already have an impressive number of allied races that decided to join certain factions when we bumped into them. And, if we are speaking about the Undead, I don’t think there are any limits there as long as you are either sentient and clever enough to willingly follow the Banshee Queen/Desolate Council/whatever mighty leaders there are OR are capable of being controlled and kept in place.

That being said, I don’t see any problem with people who are roleplaying what they want but are perfectly able to explain and justify their presence in the Horde/Alliance/etc. Not to mention the more relaxed roleplaying style that has become increasingly popular lately, where people are just having fun and hanging out without obsessing over the “lore”. I put this word in brackets on purpose.

With no lore precedent for horde aligned san’layn, your character is currently and actively the enemy.

3 Likes

“by imagining a possibility rather than reality; as a hypothesis.”

Have your RP, I promise most people don’t care what you do. Just don’t scream bloody murder if people rightfully follow the story that’s been set up in-game and treat your character like a hostile.

4 Likes

Why do you all have to be so rude? The dwarf above spotted unintentional poetry and, since I’m a passionate lyric-writer myself, I got inspired and decided to have some fun and wrote this. And EVEN FOR THAT harmless act of mine I got harrassed and insulted. Lmao.

And it is all happening within the community of people who enjoy ROLEPLAYING and bring their characters and stories to life with CREATIVE WRITING. And then you are trying to prove to me that Undead players are not bullied for no reason, lol?

2 Likes

Hypothetically, sure – but this should always be based in canon lore. San’layn are members of the Scourge (bar the few that served Sylvanas and all died), and are therefore enemies of both the Horde and the Alliance. If we’re all going to say “x race can go into y city because I declare it so” then we’ll end up with people openly roleplaying liches in Orgrimmar or quilboar in Stormwind, just because “they can hypothetically pledge their loyalty”.

5 Likes

Is actually a problem and hollows out the setting to an unrecognisable husk where mutually incompatible headcanon irreversibly divides us forever into smaller and smaller bubbles and that’s how a server dies.

17 Likes

Hypothetically any San’layn can try and join the Horde, realistically they get decapitated and their heads end up on spikes on the gates of Orgrimmar the moment they try and enter.

Didn’t they just do another 180 and eat the Forsaken crews on those ships when things started looking a little bit shaky for them?

I’ve seen infinitely more creative character concepts than yours and they still kept the canon lore as their foundation and framework (in spite of how bonkers it is at this point) instead of taking silly liberties like you are.

6 Likes

And many of us want to do that creative writing within confines of the universe, a choice you´re actively belittling.

For someone who keeps talking about respecting others, you sure don´t seem to respect people who like to abide by the lore.

4 Likes

(they were all traitors who were feigning allegience anyway)

1 Like

They did, but my point is that they were given a chance to serve with the Horde as an exception to the rule.

Yes. The general idea is that Sylvanas was just using them as disposable body finders as much as they were just using the Horde as a meal ticket, but this is only implied rather than spelled out.

Which is probably why the average player’s takeaway from that questline is that “San’layn in the Forsaken are canon”

cause WoW players can’t read.

5 Likes

It’s all about confirmation bias. The local San’layn crazies will look at the BFA datamining WoWhead posts and allied race concepts that spawned from this questline and then go “Yeah, that makes complete sense, I will RP it!” and then disregard the entire context of the same questline and how Sylvanas and the San’layn treated each other from the get-go all the way until the latter got culled.

2 Likes

I’d argue that instead it’s ‘won’t read’. After all, why shoot yourself in the foot by understanding something fully when you can instead just refuse to understand it and use it as an excuse for your extremely shakey and incompatible headcanon?

How did I disrespect anyone? In what way was I disrespectful? I wrote a little poem that reflected the topic of this thread and got bullied again.

Where did I say that people should ignore the lore completely and go wild? I specifically stated that it’s important to find a reasonable, plausible explanation for why you character is there. Why are you all twisting my words to make me sound crazy?

And why do you all even mention the San’layn? I included it in my verse because a human guy from this thread called me that, but i MYSELF never said that our problem is that people don’t like the San’layn in rolepplay. Again you are ignoring the general problem and trying to justify your rudeness by making up arguments and putting them in my mouth.