I Am Undead And I Need Help

I wish I was as fun of a stick-in-the-mud fence sitter as you’ve become Loras.

From what i gathered at the very start when I was involved, they are just very passionate about their views and thoughts even I dont agree with alot of it.

But its nothing ill intended from them I think at all.

1 Like

Hey, I’m the first to call out elitism…

…but if we’ve reached a point where somewhat sticking to the framework the lore presents us with is viewed as elitism you won’t be seeing me renewing my sub anytime soon.

5 Likes

I’ve seen people be called “elitist” because they refused to accept Sin’dorei or San’layn being around in Stormwind. At this point the word has just lost meaning to me.

4 Likes

Pretty much – I don’t even agree with what they’re saying, but the glee with which some people take in tearing some random posters apart without provocation is, dare I say it, kinda cringe.

We can talk about the importance of maintaining the AD community all we like, but if we want to be dicks to anyone convicted of wrongthink we’re not really practicing what we preach.

3 Likes

What does an exceptionally exceptional, unique case have to do with anything else here?

Thank you very much. I indeed had no intention to offend anyone, and yesterday I just felt inspired to rhyme something because it’s a hobby of mine. And today I checked the responses only to find that I was called cringe and a new argument was ignited. That was not my intention. And I hope that people here will soon feel better and quit this pointless debate.

Pointless digs won’t end the pointless debate either.

3 Likes

Blizzard literally allowed Blood Elves to join the Alliance via Void Elves. So I don’t see any problem with a Sin’dorei wanting to follow Alleria/the Alliance in general for their own reasons. What if they are starting to study the void magic and seek guidance from the Ren’dorei masters? What if they got disappointed with the current state of the Horde and wish to change the side? The possibilities are endless.

And yet people would scold the character on sight for “breaking the game and spoiling their perfect RP” and demand them to leave without getting to know the character. Same goes for the Darkfallen in the Horde, for that matter. Maybe now you’ll understand my point better and disagree with it, but I just wanted to give an example to illustrate what I’m talking about.

1 Like

Very epic. With that knowledge in mind, I shall now RP my Fel Orc in the Stormwind Cathedral. (I have signed documents from the King of Stormwind saying I’m allowed here.)

4 Likes

Mainly because at this point, the major difference between the groups(with the exception of the Ren’dorei) is purely diplomatical/matter of perspective, similar to the Pandaren. A former horde-aligned Pandaren(Huojin) will not still call themselves Huojin if they go to the Alliance, as they have left the group and core principles behind.

Sin’dorei/Blood Elf is not a different species to a High elf, it is a cultural difference and belief about their people and its future. So a Sin’dorei or who see themselves as such will be staying with their people & the Horde.

Then they become a Ren’dorei. They’d not be a blood elf/Sin’dorei anymore.

3 Likes

huojin and tushui are actually just philosophies and moral codes that don’t really affect what faction they are in. This was a silly choice they made from the get-go.

One could absolutely have a tushui horde panda and a huojin alliance panda.

In the case of sin’dorei however, yes, they’d shift to quel’dorei.

6 Likes

One one hand yes, but with how they decided to go with the Pandaren, the Huojin and Tushui respectively did very much fully pledge their whole philosophies and groups to each faction.

It has even if not intended by them, become a core part of their identities.

1 Like

As they should. There are no blood elves in the Alliance, because (as others said), Alliance blood elves are called high elves. At this point, the only difference between high and blood elves is their faction affiliation, so a statement blood elf in Stormwind is making by calling themselves blood elf is: “I am proud of being member of the Horde.”

Do you see how people will consider it bad roleplay when an elf whose identity makes that statement will then tell you their identity and ideals are something else entirely?

And let´s not forget that it also makes people who do such thing look like special little snowflakes because they could change 0 character traits about their “blood elf” to abide by the lore. Literally all that is needed is change one word in their TRP and they would turn from lorebreaking concept into perfectly valid one.

4 Likes

We’ve yet to see any proof they can make more of themselves. It’s a condition like the undead. Worgen can at least spread theirs in irresponsible ways.

2 Likes

Honestly messed up that with just a bite they can force someone to be british for the rest of their life.

2 Likes

Reading that name (you know the one) trips me up.

1 Like

But I want to be special!!!11!!1

And yet here you are, desperate for attention and a crumb of RP

1 Like

Please tell me you see the irony in sliding into a thread you haven’t touched just to write this.

3 Likes