I decide what my name is, not you

My name is not important.

What is important is what I’m going to do.

2 Likes

Become an Ox?

I kinda just said I didn’t.

You didn’t consider them being (a) cannon.

Oh…. got me there. low This is why I don’t like gnomes and goblins.

Got 'im boiz

Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask.

2 Likes

I was going to make a joke about how many people seem to just cling on to any fancy word they can find on Synonyms.com and make a character name out of it for the sake of looking fancy, but…

Then I remembered I have the Aldi-brand name of Tremere. Nvm

Yours actually sound like a name though.

‘‘Trem-EAR’’

I always end up pronouncing it in my head like “Trem-ee-ear” sort of like chandelier.

I’m going to steal the proper name from whoever has it on this realm. One day.

1 Like

You haven’t adequately proved that he’s broken the rule. If the rule is against “non-medieval/ non-fantasy names” then you have to provide the criteria for what constitutes non-medieval, non-fantasy names - which you can’t, partially because Blizzard hasn’t. However, the examples cited by Blizzard in the image provided by Tehya here:

… were of non-medieval contemporary technology such as “Softwareman, Nuclearotron, Microwave”. Rabies does not fit this pattern, given that it was observed as far back as 2000BC - it’s been a historical fact, an observed phenomenom, since far before the Medieval ages.

Furthermore, it is a disease which exists in WoW, as per:

classic dot wowhead dot com slash spell=3150 slash rabies

There is a specific enemy spell called “rabies” and a number of NPC mobs which are described as “rabid”, including the “Rabid Blisterpaw”, the “Rabid Crag Coyote”, and the “Rabid Shadowhide Gnoll”. Thus, Rabies is an entirely appropriate fantasy name, given that it exists as a disease in the World of Warcraft itself.

So what now are your objections, beyond baseless conjecture and projection as to the motives of the player? And - given that your only objections can be based on motive, considering that it is an entirely appropriate name as per the setting - what do your objections matter? If a person called their character, say, “Eragorn”, or “John”, based on purely OOC reasons, this wouldn’t matter because the names work IC.

As does Rabies.

No, I’d never be so cruel as to ask you to respond with arguments and reasons - I know you feel uncomfortable expressing yourself in anything other than memes. Of course you’re free to prove me wrong with some kind of rebuttal or counter-argument, but don’t feel any pressure - I won’t assume you don’t have one if you don’t :wink:

2 Likes

Rabies existing doesn’t make it a name, thats kinda where it falls flat already.

Thats good because you forgot to say pretty please

It doesn’t not make it a name either. You’ve yet to provide criteria to define what constitutes a fantasy or medieval name, and what doesn’t constitute a fantasy or medieval name. It’s a non-argument.

winks in ten characters

1 Like

That is more of a description of the mob more than an actual name so, not sure how is it relevant to the argument.

Yes, but that’s to describe that the coyote/dog w/e has rabies.

The literal name-name aint Rabies.

Says who? The literal name of the mob is Blisterpaw/ Shadowhide Gnoll. Those aren’t abstract, meta-descriptions, those are in-universe names. Can you give one example where a disease or spell in-game doesn’t refer to its in-universe name?

Unless you’re referring to the fact that the nameless mobs don’t have the Christian name “Rabies McGee” - to which, again. Nicknames. Are you trying to argue that nicknames don’t exist in WoW?

1 Like

Nicknames aren’t real names.

Hence '‘NICK’'names.

1 Like

So can you point to the rule that says character nicknames can’t be used as toon-names?

1 Like

are you arguing that because some mobs have the prefix descriptor rabid, rabies is a regular ol’ gilnean name

I don’t think i’m tired enough to comprehend this train of thought umay