I decide what my name is, not you

Sure, if you point me where it says that it is.

Yes, some of my chars have those but I don’t use them as my actual name nor would I ever use something as ridiculos as Rabies as a nickname.

I… -Hate- this place…This…Zoo…This…Prison, this…Reality, whatever you want to call it.

It’s the smell…If there is such a thing.

1 Like

Nope! Didn’t say that, didn’t argue that, didn’t imply it. Stop “shadow-boxing” as you’re so fond of saying, old chum!

The burden of proof lies on the accuser. You’re accusing Rabies of breaking the rules. You now have to proof that he is - by referring to the actual rule he’s broken. That’s like asking me to quote a law saying that it’s okay to breathe oxygen. The fact that such a law doesn’t exist doesn’t mean that it’s illegal.

Ahhh, okay, interesting!
Can I clarify what you mean by “actual name”?

1 Like

Nice thread but im gonna go poop, cya guys

Worth remembering AGAIN is that just because something exist or is said in WoW, doesnt mean we players are allowed it, since we got diffrent rules to adhere to than Blizzard.

And things like diseases is generally a no-go.

citation needed

1 Like

Ok then, do go ahead.

Oops, teach me to post and League at the same time - can you clarify what you mean by “actual name”?

then i will have to ask you to clarify, as that is what i got from it, which left me confused enough to ask

r u ok

dang, did i call it that hard?

Ok, using their birth name and not some nickname?

Read the name ToU/policy as a whole, not just the RP one, and do it without rule lawyering.

The real problem is the accent. Having an accent in your name … shakes my head extremely sadly …

5 Likes

I mean if you get meanings from my posts that aren’t present in the words or phrases I’ve used, I can only really re-direct you to my posts, unless there’s a specific post that you can indicate which caused the issue? Not really responsible for your level of reading comprehension. My argument is that Rabies is fine as a toon name if it’s the character’s nickname, like, for example -
Dark from Grim Gest!

As what? As their toon name?

1 Like

Dont diss me :frowning:

You sure are a dense one, defending a guy who calls his char “Rabies the Magnificent.”

big true

but it isn’t the character’s nickname, nor is it a trait be it physically or mentally of the character. It’s only overlap is ‘haha dog’.

Sorry, operating on the assumption that you read the thread.

It’s a trait entirely appropriate of the physical/ mental state of Worgen, i.e, feral rage.

Sounds like a nickname to me!

Sorry, I was operating under the assumption you had read the thread :)))

Interesting non-argument

From the naming policy:

Character Naming Rules

• The character name must be between 2-12 characters long.
  • Accented characters are supported.
  • Numbers and symbols are not supported.
  • Mixed capitals and spaces are not supported.

From the in-game CoC:

Communication

When participating in communication of any kind (chat, voice communication, group finder), you are responsible for how you express yourself. You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others.

Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language. Threatening or harassing another player is always unacceptable, regardless of language used. Violating any of these expectations will result in account restrictions. More serious and repeated violations will result in greater restrictions.

Naming

Names are subject to the same rules established above. Any name the player has the ability to customize—such as player names, BattleTags, and guild names—must be appropriate and inoffensive. Any name that violates our standards or disrupts the community will be changed, and additional limitations may be placed on the offending account per our discretion.

Take note that acceptable names are determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and role-playing servers may have distinct standards for using game-appropriate names.

From the roleplaying naming policy:

World of Warcraft Role Play (RP) servers are intended to provide players with an added level of immersion in the game world. Names on RP servers must adhere to Blizzard’s Code of Conduct, and also must avoid being disruptive to the world.

Examples of common unacceptable or disruptive RP names include (but are not limited to):

• Non-medieval or non-fantasy names (For example: Slipnslide, Robotman, Discoinferno)
  • Names that reference well known people, characters, brands, places, or icons (For example: Britneyspears, Austinpowers, Mcdonalds, Georgewashington, Newyork)
  • Names that consist of multiple words (For example: Inyourface, Welovebeef, Howareyou, Sixtyseventy)

Please quote and highlight which of the rules above you think Rabies is violating, as I can find none. Otherwise please provide a link to the rules/ regulations that prohibit Rabies as a character name.

1 Like

Naming your character after a disease falls under being “offensive”.

The only thing people on Argent Dawn love more than RPing is to whine, complain and criticize the RP of others.

2 Likes