🔒 I Got Banned And I Deserved It

Not exactly, I mean that they get excessive. For a start every PvP thread is whinging about whatever class the poster does not favour and demanding Nerfs. Lets be honest. That is what they always boil down to.

PvE threads tend to follow a similar thread, they either complain about RiO or they complain about casuals. It is very rare that you see any positivity in those threads, anything of any worthwhile suggestions. I’m not saying that Blizzard would instantly prick up their ears and listen, because I think we all know they don’t really pay attention to the EU forums.

The problem is format. There is generally nothing to discuss in those forums threads, they will start with a slanted view on things, designed to put an agenda forwards and then descend into just basically arguing, often with no actual constructive ideas being put forwards. Soon no one even remembers or cares about the original point, and no one even is really that invested in the conversation itself, but scoring ‘internet points’. No, I am not conceited enough about that to include myself in that statement. Sometimes I am just “Naaah, you’re wrong, and I’m gonna tell you why”.

Human nature really.

We do see a lot of spam on the exact same topics however. However sometimes they don’t even tally up, people are complaining about each others classes. Well surely -one- of them is right, and the other is not. People complain about Casuals, about Elitists, about Faction Bias.

It is kind of a constant morass, a swamp that just is like "Can’t we just talk about the game without this constant ‘female dogging’ at each other. (I can’t believe I used the term ‘Female Dogging’ that could have a very unfortunate resonance in the UK :smiley: )

As such it just does become wading through the same stuff, and so sometimes, it actually -is- a moment of brightness when you see a bit of levity.

I’m not saying that should be -all- that the General forums are about, I’m saying we shouldn’t stifle it, because otherwise this forum would become a very drear, dull, depressing place to even click on, and given how half of it is worded, some of these jokers are never going to get what they want anyway.

And yes, even as an RP’er, I include RP’ers as being just as guilty of that. You’re posting from an Argent Dawn avatar, as am I, you will know how it goes. People roleplay, but they don’t think they actually -are- their characters. You turn it on and off. Same as an actor on a TV show or film. I don’t think I am a 1,406 year old Elf in real life, You, (I hope) do not think you are a sentient Zombie.

Some people cannot make that ‘remove’ and oddly, it isn’t the ones on RP realms.

Discussing stuff of substance is both awesome, and cool. Making ten conflicting threads about the same thing, is not awesome, and not cool.

I probably did not explain what I meant properly first time round. Hopefully that will clarify what I meant better, this time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nerf brigante’s character per post cap!

1 Like

Nevaaaaaah!

1 Like

10/10 vulpera’s approve of silly threads.

imo what makes certain threads stand out is that eu forums just doesnt have the traffic like the us forum has. here threads are longer visible thus it seems like they “spam” such threads whereas in other forums, where they have serveral threads per minute, it doesnt even get noticed that much.

1 Like

I am actually shuffling and giggling in my seat atm listening to that thank you .

1 Like

cute.

1 Like

Eh, perhaps they should be a bit more WoW, Blizzard or BNet related (as the rules say), but eh, I rather see one of those “pointless” topics that are pretty joyful than the endless repeating of;

• ban M+ leavers
  • buff DH
  • nerf Arms/WW
  • Prune Warlock Slow
  • “World of Chorecraft, clap at me guys I made a funny”
    • “Boreghast, look at me, I did it again”
  • “lol l2p”/“git gud” which is btw a form of trolling according to the rules.
  • Where is my anima?
  • I did a traceroute and don’t understand that not every hop replies to pings, fix your network in Amsterdam Blizzard
  • I don’t get invited, fix it Blizz!!!

Did I miss anything significant? Don’t think so :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You also missed “I’m going to complain about this thing that is entirely down to player behaviour, and I will even point that out in my post, but I expect blizzard to somehow control it in a way where other players won’t be able to exercise behaviour choices” ironically posted alongside "OMG blizzard is forcing me to do X " threads.

2 Likes

HORDE BIAS!!! :joy:

4 Likes

Alliance Bias !!!

Yes you are :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You also missed the ‘I have the solution posts and the vulpera shouldn’t exist ones’

I agree.

I don’t dislike twiluna himself, but i’m being honest. His topics do kind of flood the forums. Its easy to get a ban for that if a moderator is in a bad mood

Even by facebook spam topics standards they’re kinda empty and spammy.
I don’t mind though, I can post some memes and honestly, Twiluna getting banned is like half the fun ^^

1 Like

There are 6 people on this forum who I would very much miss if they were to leave.

They know who they are, and they are in this thread.

1 Like

ho no that’s bad, :slightly_frowning_face:but I hope your vacation doesn’t get boring. :smiley:

Considering my most recent ban was for writing a parody song that just shows me how shockingly bad the moderation is.

Especially when you consider some of the active threads right now.

2 Likes