I hate Suramar... at the moment

I’m finally getting my butt in gear to unlock the Highborn, and It’s got to the point that even with flying, I really can’t wait to be out of Suramar. It’s beautiful, Suramar city is gorgeous, but it’s like Blizzard decided to make the quests so annoying to make people hate the place.

I managed to get through ‘Good Sumaritan’ in two days (Not playing 2 days straight) and I now remember why my old main didn’t bother doing it (and she did loremaster etc.). I’m a few bits into Insurrection and I’ve just been hit with ‘Stabilizing Suramar’ which is to do 10 world quests, so I’m hot footing it back to the heart of the forest until tomorrow.

What’s more depressing is that I’m only 3/9 of Insurrection at the moment, so I have a lot of Suramar to go. Hopefully this time I’ll make it to the end!

Many people, myself included, absolutely loved the Suramar questline. I think it was the best questline I’ve ever done in this game.

28 Likes

imo, suramar without flying was unbearable and i avoided that place like the plague although it was nice to look at. once i had flying it was bearable but im not into questing in general so im glad when i get over and done with such things.

i guess you either love or hate it.

3 Likes

Personal opinion but , suramar is the 2nd best zone in the entire game after howling fjord for me.

6 Likes

Legion quests and story are decent. I really enjoyed the leveling and completing the story line.

4 Likes

I mean you’re spamming content that was gradually released when it was current. Too much of anything and it will get stale. Just take breaks and do it in parts.

If you hate Suramar, then maybe wow isnt your kind of game. Dont know how to put it more diplomatically.

3 Likes

Suramar was great except for the quests where you had go gather some mana crystals or whatever they were called.

Doing Suramar without flying… was so horrible.

The quest line can be a bit of a drag in places, it’s not the worst though as quest lines go.

1 Like

I loved the Suramar story but that’s just my opinion of course :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d maybe even just try and do a little bit every day so you don’t get totally sick of it, hope you
get them unlocked soon!

2 Likes

I too disliked suramar quests even when they were current tbh. The zone is amongts the most beautiful ones though and the raid was spectacular.

1 Like

Well it’s long and somewhat tedious, but at least it’s not something like Howling Fjord where I can’t be bothered to care about the story to boot.

Overall I did insurrection on 3 characters, one with no flying. No outleveling the content either.

Testify!

‘Something’s not quite right!..An illusion! What are you hiding?!’
eye tic

3 Likes

Even more for me, because Legion was my first expansion and i will forever remember that questline, i’m honestly considering doing it all over again, it’s nostalgic, hearing some of the songs from the zone hit me hard.

2 Likes

Imho Suramar is one of the best zones with one of the best storylines, I loved it.
I made a Horde alt just to unlock the nightborne and make a nightborne arcane mage.

1 Like

Though it did get tiring after a while to be constantly swamped by enemies.

1 Like

How dare you to hate our city :unamused:

1 Like

Suramar is one of the best designed zones in the game, but I agree the quests and the no flying was horrible. Blizzard missed a great opportunity here as the city is large and more could have been done with it.

1 Like

Suramar is truly a beautiful and well designed city, just wish you could on completion of storyline have areas clear of npc’s to appreciate it fully.

1 Like

Oh good grief, I’m going to make myself do that again.

Make a 3rd Loremaster who also does all the reputations, I said.
It will be more fun than Shadowlands, I said.

(And so far it has been but there are a few things I’m not looking forward to!)