I hope Blizzard reads this (spoilers) Malfurion in DF

I mean lorewise not in game

I don’t get why you have to sound like a 5 year old to get your point across. Clearly you don’t see how Alliance players feel either. But I guess the Horde not forming a council and having a more fairer, less one leader says all, society isn’t a good thing?

2 Likes

Get Maiev in charge and make the Night Elves great again.

I might be a Blood Elf fan, but I’d gladly say goodbye to a few Blood Elf / San’layn Warlocks by the Warden’s glaive.

Although - you might have to say goodbye to playable Night Elf Mages… :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

You are not an elf fan. You are an alliance turncoat.

I didn’t care about Teldrassil much during BFA and the beginning of Shadowlands because I thought that Sylvanas had a plan. Silly me for believing what the devs, characters and novels said. But now, it’s too much. Even if I don’t like Tyrande and her people the player base doesn’t deserve this. I don’t understand this sick, wicked pleasure the devs of this game seem to get from shattering what the players hold dear.

4 Likes

You don’t know me. How would you know? Most of my posts here are elf focused.

What is point of bringing back Ysera anyway? His story pretty much ended in legion, bringing him back and making whole legion story arc meaningless, again bad decisions from writing team.

his? him … ysera is female … and they seem to be empowering the aspects again the age of mortals failed you guys sucked to much

Ysera died. Even getting her back in Ardenweald was fine. But now, we have Merithra. There is simply no NEED for Ysera to come back, especially from an OOC point.

Them killing off Malfurion for such a stupid reason is another mind-bogglingly stupid decision. Maybe I’d find it less moronic if at least they would have let Tyrande get her WELL DESERVED vengeance against Sylvanas. Night elves truly are getting shanked by Blizzard at every opportunity.

1 Like

clearly blizz disagrees and want the og aspects back you know other then the ones the raiders already murdered

The fascination the authors of the game have with its past is one of the main things ruining its lore. There is no room for improvement. No wonder we end up having so much retcons, characters doing complete 160°s and the rules of the universe changing every now and then when the lore devs would rather sacrifice any sense of logic to keep old characters as the focus of their story instead of letting the new generation fully bloom. After dragging on the stories of old characters from the RTS for effing ever, they just decided to unmake the conclusion of Cataclysm to bring the Aspects back. There was absolutely no need to do that if they wanted to write a new story about dragons but no, let’s go back, retcon stuff, sacrifice characters left and right to let one who died shine again.

At this point the character contortions are reaching the 720° noscope territory.

They can make Ysera’s return work, with the right setup. After shadowlands that’s a pretty monumental “if” tho.

Personally im not so much caring about Nelves having a rough time (again) as much as i think it is the fact it is for Ysera that annoys me because she basically just had as whole “Some must die so some can live” Arc in Arenwald that basically put her on a pedestal over other characters (coughUrsoccough) and she actually had a good death with much more respect then a lot of characters gotten.

It just feels like blatant favoritism you know, especially since i would actually like to see her Flight as a whole get some development and chance to spark some new characters, since they really aren’t that memorable aside from like Alysra and arguably Eranikus, and Ysera coming back kinda hamstrings that because they will probably center everything around her specifically, especially if certain rumors/leaks i heard are correct regarding a certain character.

Malfurion was always dead weight in wow they made him to powerful in the novels to the point that he was a deus ex and he was a none character in wow other then spouting some nonsense about nature while the horde burned down the forrest in cata :smiley:

And they couldn’t have used that? I mean, it’s not like they are shying away from the trope, they just decided to give it to characters like Jaina and her flying ship instead. That could easily have been Malfus moment, for example…

2 Likes

a flying ship of levi magic is small scale compared to crying for storms :stuck_out_tongue: Richard A. Knaak was one of the worse novel writers wow has ever had

then again just becuse someone stays in the shadowlands, doesnt meen they cant come back, heck Draka even stated she have visited many worlds, after she litearly died, Malfurion aint dead, neigher is Sylvanas or Anduin, who also walks arround in the shadowlands,
heck I would not be supriced, if they find something all 3 togther there and all come back at once to stop some new threat that lurks in the maw and has gotten loose.

there is an insane ammount of evil people in the shadowlands, that can in some way get back, including deathwing most likely, maby even Galacrond is there somewhere, lots of potential to resurect an old villain and even get old heros back if they so want to.

OMG…I don’t understand what happened to audiences…I can give you a similar analogy so that you can understand how respectfully vague your argument is…

JRR Tolkien hates Numenorians…why?

1st he let their kingdom drowned and utterly decimated…
2nd he almost broke their exiled albeit only surviving and remaining people into small amount of rangers…
3rd he ensured one of the two surviving Kingdoms (Arnor) be utterly destroyed…

We can also “judge” on the same “opinion” that George RR Martin had of the “Starks” and the Northern Kingdom…Come on man, I don’t understand this attitude…

Is this the new woke philosophy now??? Stories are no longer an instrument of the writer rather than the reader??? i mean… (I don’t know what else to say…)

I think it’s more that the “readers” don’t trust the new author not to butcher the previous author’s work in some miss guided attempt to create their own legacy

one of wow’s biggest flaws is it’s obsession with rule of the cool at the cost of consistent story telling but we can’t blame steve or even alex or any of the other writers for this it all started with the man himself Chris Metzen but just because metzen did it don’t mean its a blank cheque to do whatever

Maiev’s spirit burns strong, but she has a fiery temper and little patience, our leader should be her brother instead, Jarod Shadowsong.
10.000 years ago he led our people against the burning legion, its time he’s in charge once again so he can lead us to a brighter future! Anu’dorini Talah!