I love SV hunter

Just show some love to this fantastic class.

List the most valuable reason because you like it.

1. i feel like Vol Jin or Rexxar
    Hahahha

I can also add: i love the sinergy with pet and the flavor of the traps and tricks we have

EDIT: i know, there will be posts of hatred…at least argument it

8 Likes

Tried all melee classes and decided to stick to the my main SV for different reasons:

• It isn’t fully melee, it is both ranged and melee, and the transaction is really awesome when you know how to play it.
  • One of the quickest specs to catch a pray (WM ON world) when someone tries to escape or against ranged.
  • Very handy when it comes to various tools (catching something or someone from a side when there is no way to reach)
  • You can have a fully ranged build, aoe build, melee build, or mix ranged/melee, single/aoe

Just to add some notes:

• It has lot of potential and many things to improve (will do a serious post about it soon)
  • Pet IA issue.
  • If you’re slow, don’t use addons, not used to move a lot when playing, you won’t survive with an SV
  • Base damage is a bit low, you will need lot of crit.

Here is my personal bonus:
Only few people know how react against SV, when during PVP, people we adjust according how much we know about the spec we are against. The fact SV is rare makes people always confused what to do against it, and that’s a huge plus!

5 Likes

This is the least desired stat in pvp. Other then that you’re pretty on point on the spec.

1 Like

I guess you are refering to Harpoon, at least partially, and that reminded me. One of the most satisfying things of the spec is when people knock you out of high places to kill you, like the mage towers in Ashran or the bridge in Eye of the Storm, etc, and you just Harpoon back in. “Not today”.

5 Likes

Just :ok_hand: Love doing that. Even better is harpooning back and then knock them of with a high explosive trap. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

That’s the cherry on top of the cake. I’m not running with that talent, but I admit I feel tempted sometimes.

The pseudo-ranged capability of Survival really lays the groundwork for where I’d like to see melee DPS evolve in the future - they’re melee specs, but that doesn’t mean they should have nothing of value to do when forced away from a target. On top of that, Aspect of the Eagle is such an inventive spell even though it’s such a simple concept.

Ahah, I’m glad you guys also enjoying the harpoon jumping catching.

I just posted this short video as a silly example how handy and fun to use it

4 Likes

Or vs daddy Denathrius :wink:

I only wish my abilities had different animations for when used in melee or range

1 Like

Thanks for that positive message OP, I really like this spec and that for once, it’s not a new post to complain. This spec is ultra fun to play with even though I’m getting ran over in Arena’s atm :smiley:

1 Like

Nice to see positive attitudes, keep it up!

I am MM at heart, but as soon as i farm conq for another weapon, will be trying Surv for sure.

1 Like

I enjoy survival but for me its melee ability needs to hit much harder than it does. That and they need to add some glyphs to replace the silly crossbow with a blowpipe

2 Likes

Only saw it now, if you had a Feathermane pet with you, with “Updraft” macroed into your Disengage, it would have been even more fun I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Survival is a really cool spec.

I main a warrior and now mostly use it for prot, I prefer SV to arms.

1 Like

I really loved SV too, for 8 long years it was my main spec, my favourite spec of the whole game, super fun to play. From wotlk to wod I mained SV hunter. Then in legion they deleted the spec because a grand total of 5 people wanted to play a melee hunter meme. Sad.

I guess you missed the point where the purpose of this whole thread was to diverge from that kind of talk we see in every other place where SV is mentioned.

2 Likes

Survival is not completely a melee hunter tho. We only have 1 melee damaging ability which is raptor strike and it hits like a wet noodle. Survival is a ranged hybrid designed for kiting over melees.

2 Likes

Do you need to be in melee to use full damage potential? Yes. It’s melee.

Now stop derailing the threat if you don’t know what you are talking about.

1 Like

It’s a hybrid spec.

Not constantly.

/facepalm.