I played Alliance for 15 years, sadly, i can't take it any longer

I have been playing my Paladin, my Hunter and my Druid since “the good old days” when 40 man Raids were 5 fps Stutterfests and PvP was… “Crap im out of Arrows!” and so i witnessed the decline of my original Faction with great Sadness for years (i know some people will meme here cause emotions are not allowed).

More and more players go to Horde, the Reasons are clear: often better racials, a way bigger playerpool for Raids and m+, WAYYYYY higher winrates in PvP and also a bigger playerpool for rated PvP. At first, in my Head all of those were just weak excuses… until i bought shadowlands and got the free lvl 120 characterboost.

I boosted myself a Tauren Druid since Druids have a lot of QoL tools that make things smoother. I tried pvp, sure, the waittimes are longer but that doesnt bother me much since i can pick some flowers or do some crafting while waiting. The difference in how Horde and Alliance operate in PvP, not only from a skillstandpoint, but also from the behaviour, struck me as if Thor threw his hammer into my Face.

The General Rule on Alliance is: if the first battle is lost, the Game is lost and they give up. A lot of times insults and blameshifting are going on while players stand there getting butchered while writing.

The general Rule on Horde is: Even if we may lose the first fight, we can still win the War. Usually the undergeared hordeplayers leave after the first battle is lost, better geared people join in and we turn the game around in our favour, i saw this a lot. Gods, we won Ashran WITHOUT a Healer… also, the first time i saw a Commander in Ashran die the ENTIRE Expansion was on horde when we killed Tremblade.

Now to PvE, i do not Raid a lot but i do a lot M+ via the groupfinder (Got all m+15’s and some higher in time on my Druid). The achievements i have on Alliance took me months to complete, while on Horde, i did them in 2 weeks. No joke btw. There is much more groups and players to choose from, also way more players wich put more effort in their character… I had FUN again… so, after all these years, i transfered my Paladin to Horde. Here and there i have to suffer some Bloodelf racist comments and of course there are also a few bad apples on this side, but its overall a MUCH more pleasant experience, even though i miss my golden Classic Armor.

From a Storyperspective i still like the Alliance more but it is just not fun playing there anymore.

The Alliance needs help, desperatly, may it be in the Form of free factionchanges only towards alliance (Yes i know haha Actiblizzion) or a rework of their racials, they NEED something.

Thank’s for reading my totally irellevant Text that will only cause flames and hate, i hope you have a nice day.

55 Likes

you welcome, i agree alliance is in the bad place in terms of doing pve and pvp kinda as well

6 Likes

I am starting to feel what you are feeling, OP. I leveled a character to max on Alliance first, played with a friend and thought we had found a good guild… only to realize I was never going to meet the required standards. I resorted to alting on all sorts of realms, and settled on maxing out a second mage, this time on Horde.

My experience has been so much more… vibrant? I don’t know. It has been colourful with both ups and downs - and I have found myself so lucky to meet clumps of people who have become steadfast friends with me.

Edit to add on the portion my post had (but somehow disappeared, hijinks :smile:) One example of friends I’ve made are a group of Aggra players who are all Portuguese - but they were so incredibly sweet and relaxed that they welcomed me anyway, and it’s only been two days but I already enjoy hanging out with them. I feel I would have never met them had I had some sense of false loyalty towards a fictional divide.

6 Likes

When you come back, and you will one day, be prepared to have your left hand chopped off.

19 Likes

In this case, he should be hanged in front of the main gates of Stormwind, actually.

5 Likes

I do miss some things, yes, but simply thinking about the pve and pvp situation quickly gets those thoughts off again.

Sadly it’s been snowballing to a point where they literally have to make Alliance racials ridiculously OP to try and revert the effect, but we all know it won’t happen.

It’s a shame.

4 Likes

looking forward to Kyrian and Night Bae racials :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well said!

2 Likes

Desillusion always hits hard. It took me 2 years before realizing that Alliance can’t be saved, thus going Horde was not a choice, it is The best choice. I feel you, I do prefer Alliance lore wise and regarding RP, but those are not relevant regarding raiding and instanciated content.

Ant their rigging is basically the same as draenei

So fingers crossed we get them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Feel like there’s only two things they can do:

1. Make Alliance racials hella OP, and some of them are already really good, but that’s going to piss off a lot of people and if anything will just recreate the problem in the opposite direction in the long term.
  2. Remove faction barrier, so people can choose Alliance because they like it, and not be limited in who to play with. This will of course also piss off a bunch of people but it’s a long term solution.
7 Likes

The Factionbarrierquestion was already directed at Ion himself but he said they do not have any plans to remove that.

True, initially i started on horde, but i didn’t like the lore or the theme of the faction, so i went alliance.
I experienced the same as you did.
I still like the alliance areas and cities, i love the races, but everything just takes longer to get done, when it comes to group content.

It took me a while, but i decided to transfer my paladin and my Demon hunter to the horde.

And now, i am just leveling a panda MW monk, and god i love the class and the race. And leveling takes no time. I spent an average of 5 min to find a dungeon on alliance as restro druid.

While on horde it’s at most a 3 minutes queue.

Horde is just where all the fun is. And it saddens me. I still love the alliance

3 Likes

I transferred horde myself. I’m still keeping this Void elf Hunter, but now I’m gonna main on the Horde side.

Yeah, they don’t. They don’t seem to not have any plans to fix it really. But if Alliance ends up functionally a non-faction due to lack of players, it’s going to be a one faction game anyway, with non-existent PvP. Don’t see how that’s at all better.

1 Like

I mained my Druid for BfA, did not make things easier, sadly, there is no Race on Horde i could play longterm and does allow Druids, so i went back to the Paladin roots.

We’re going to see. THDlock was guest in the titanforged podcast last week and there was a very good hint they (LIMIT) will go alliance in 1st tier Shadowlands. Interesting times :slight_smile:

I see Shadowlands as something to pass the time while waiting for new MMORPG’s e.g. AoC to come out. Even tho Blizzard brings some cool things to the table they also keep making the same mistakes over and over and designing games according to their own delusion of how people “should” play the game.

7 Likes

Well, world first guilds do that for a certain tier and then they swap back. Meanwhile a bunch of top guilds on Ravencrest are going Horde, I don’t think they will be swapping back after the raid tier.

1 Like