I realy dislike rio, even if I use it myself

Yeah you got me…

I do in fact understand that people are checking what other people has done, but Im also getting frustreted over that it takes so long time for me to get invited to a + 10. I have done some 10s in this season but I dont have 1000 k score which a lot of groups require for joining a 10. Y i l know that on this char i am only got 660 io score, but my druid has 799. You can also read out from my rio score if you look at the io page that I feks have done a lot of duengons in + 9, and some of them many times. And since I have completed a lvl 10 too, i know how reaping works.

So if I want to get a grp fast I need over 1000 in score, but I can’t get that if nobody is inviting me to a 10. How can I build my score up if I dont get an invite? Yeah… the answer is always run with your friends and do your own key. Not all has friends or guildies to run m+ with, and some keys is very bad for some affixes. Feks i got a Shrine key this week,and a kings rest key. I am not going to them cause of fortified and teeming.

There is nothing wrong with me gear. It’s good enough for + 10, even +11. I have a mage 402, resto druid 403, holy priest 404… and I have done a lot of m+, but that does not count at all since I dont have 1000+ in score.

Maybe some of the problem is that I dont care so much about score. I LIKE doing keys, but i have come to a point now were I only want to complete a lvl 10 each week cause of weekly chest. I am not running or want to run higher keys, cause I wont get a better item in chest anyway. And why should I run feks kings rest in + 10 when I dislike that duengon so much… I also prefer running instances that might have some loot for me that I maybe need. Feks Wm, Fh, ad, ml… I dont get what is so wrong with that…

Im realy getting …, over this system…

3 Likes

The problem is bit more complex. As in Legion you get increasing rewards up to +10 but that’s what similar with the previous, more successful iteration. The dungeons drop from smaller loot tables (no azerite gear) and the XForging chances are lower as well as there are no legendaries nor good source of AP. Aside of that the trash is extremely exposed with interrupt and CC rotations as a necessity. So to do a +10 key you need to get people that actually know the run, know what and when to interrupt, how to handle reaping etc. So people will prefer people with high score and whatnot to get that run going successful. On another side people get boosted and you can end up with tanks of RIO >> 1k that don’t know basic tactics during a run or even a boss fight.

Did few guild runs and like 3 PUGs today. Guild runs finished, even +14 KR overtime, while PUGs quickly disbanded - due to severe errors made by someone (2x tank, once DPS leaving when the run won’t be as fast to improve his score).

So right now we have usual overgearing/overscoring requirement for PUGs to get keys boosted to +10 while 10 and above is often done for RIO score only. No AP, no gear, no fun. There is no incentive for players (like tanks or even healers) to mass run such keys and “boost” 3 DPS players along the way. In Legion there were weeks where I did a lot of M+, run after run from a long list of groups waiting for a healer. Right now a) dungeons are cancer and b) no real reward (can’t even do much if anything with those junk-cores).

man I can get peoples dislike some specific dungeons, but calling BfA’s dungeons cancer is just unfair. Most of the instances are done exceptionally well. The only significunt problem in my eyes is kind of unballanced timer for SotS OR AD/FH (depending from your point of view).

There never were any real reward for doing PvP above 2200mmr in WoW’s best (most popular) days. People just do it for the sake of the fun process. Idk if high keys are fun in BfA but mid-lvl keys (11-14) for sure are.

I am noob only played a few months and only just getting into BFA now, not even 120 yet, only playing around with normal BFA dungeons today, no issues so far.

I know about normal, heroic, mythic etc but not looked into M+ or anything else yet, got a lot to learn.

What is the reason people run M+? Achievements? Loot? I can’t see much incentive past mythic.

Not looking forward to going through the issues I see everyone posting about with this addon pretty much going back months now. Think I will just steer clear and chill with guildies on the easier casual fun stuff for now.

Gear, mostly. Mythic 10’s give baseline 400 ilvl loot which is equivalent to current tier heroic raid gear, and on top of it you get a weekly chest that gives you one 410 ilvl item every week as long as you completed one dungeon +10 or above. You can also get a 415 azerite item, which is equal to mythic raid azerite pieces, and to top it all off anything you get from the weekly chest can also titanforge.

Past doing +10’s, some people simply do it for the challenge and the score. I agree that it would be nicer if you got actual rewards for doing high keys like titles, achievements or mounts after each mythic+ season, but currently there’s nothing like that in place. Others just want +1k raider io score to get invited to dungeons without any hassle.

And as to the OP, have you ever tried making a group for a +10 dungeon? You get roughly 50 dps signing up in the first minute. Those who are the fastest, have the highest score and ilvl are usually picked. You signing with your less-than-optimal r io score isn’t going to impress anyone especially since your ilvl is very average as well.

Depends what aspect is judged. I would say they spend to much time on mob grind and to less time on memorable/flashy boss fights. Plus those mobs now do require boss-alike mechanics (CC/interrupts) which is something average PUG player is not used to (thus rise of power for raiderio, less runs, more unfinished runs, less trust in queuing players with low/average RIO etc.). From competitive or hardcore player perspective most of the instances may be super fine, but that’s not the whole picture.

In Legion you could just spam keys for AP and chances for legendary thus increasing the amount of runs overall and amount of players from whom groups can be created. In BfA even if someone would want to spam keys - at least “good” group is needed, it won’t be that fast and at the end the reward is close to zero, not even a Legendary bribe chances and limited titanoforging chances. Plus if the rio score is the only holy grail - some people just run the key for the score and insta-leave if they see they won’t improve they score.

The incentive is the RIO score… Not the gear or loot but the damn SCORE .

It takes the elitism to an extreme. As a result, it widens the gap of new players to old.

Thats the reason many are frustrated with this addon. It just doesn’t work.

So, why the devs have not taken any action based on this?
Well, this gives them more sub time meaning Money, money and more money, for an expansion that lacks good content. This is a substitute for it.

1 Like

So they all do M+ for the rio score? Right. I think you confuse goal and tool.

For who does it not work? Works pretty well up until a certain degree.

Yeah it works for you but not for the new players…

So, new players should perhaps also build up their knowledge slowly and not jump into a +8 without having done anything over a +2?

1 Like

Well, new players can also quit. Thus, ending wow for good due to drop in subs…

How is that due to RIO?

Rio= elitism.
Legion did not have it. Thus, it was noob friendly and everyone like it…

that “elitism” argument…

Not wanting unexperienced players in a +9 has nothing to do with elitism.

You don’t go from LFR to Mythic either.

1 Like

Well, not getting invited is also a problem and grinding for rio score when most of the people have a life and job to worry about.

Under +10s not too many groups require a score anyways. The biggest issue with not getting invited to a group is simply being DPS, one of the 25 signing up for each dungeon…and well almost all of the groups reserve one or two spots for certain classes/specs. If you’re not one of those - your chances aren’t that high even with decent rio. Thát is a bigger issue than the whole rio system.

And again, grinding for a rio score? It simply shows what average level of dungeons you have done. If you haven’t done anything above +3, it’s simply a big risk for the leader.

2 Likes

I actually run them to push myself to do more difficult content, and because I like doing dungeons (more than raids actually).

Then of course the rewards should be like that, so you can use the upgrades to do higher keys. Don’t really see that, unless it is forged. Wierdly, I do so many lootless runs, and I see people who f*** up a lot, they get rewarded dearly. Why aren’t there more rewards after a certain key level, like 8+ ?

Then of course, you need to get a CHANCE to push yourself, which in pugs is almost IMPOSSIBLE…

Find a guild dude

He is right, when people leave because the run won’t be timed, then they’re only there to improve their score and not for loot and anything else. This happens very very often.

And before people are going to check my score, go ahead, as you can probably see i dont care for timing runs and i have never left a key before.

Two solutions to avoid rio. Join a guild that isn’t fazed by it and come to know you as a player thus trusting your skill {this is essentially what rio is for, but for random} or only use your own keys.

I’m steadily climbing keys myself as I’m still gearing but when it comes to 8 or higher I’m only using my own keys when I attempt such as I know its a progression mythic not a timer farm. Thus I can invite players according to what I want.

I understand if players won’t invite me for their higher keys due to gear or lack of rio and that’s np, if they’re wanting some kind of guarantee to putting their keys at risk. Hence I risk my own key instead. It’s fine really, unless you get a dungeon you really dislike {like you state} but trouble is if you never do said dungeon you’ll never score for it, which only frustrates building rio.

Sometimes you get a horrible key, you just have to roll with it. If you avoid content you find trickier than the dent to your rio score for that dungeon is to be expected as it shows other players you don’t have experience with that dungeon or affix. To expect invites for higher keys when you pick and choose your own and thus filter your content is a bit strange. Players who use rio want a sign you’re generally accustomed to higher keys in general, over various affixes which rio will help them with