I think the fire nerfs have officially gone too far

That’s about it, i think the nerfs have gone too far at this point, this is basically a 20% aoe nerf from the start of the rework to now. That is frankly insane.

1 Like

Mage dps is insane.

1 Like

Says who? Some muppets crying like babies over a meta that does not exist in lower mythic+ and where other dps class’s are fairly even with mages as is?

So basically send mages back to the point of not getting into any pugs and only specific premades taking them on higher keys?

3 Likes

The problem is this:

1: fire can only get these numbers with very organized groups that do massive pulls
2: fire is mostly uncapped with aoe that scales well with more targets
3: Fire scales very well with pi and evoker.

I think that fire will become once again the spec that is good to great with really good players with the perfect group, and trash for everyone else, if they continue with this.

For most people frost will likely perform better, since it’s damage is less reliant on group performance.

2 Likes

Blizzard was already unable to balance correctly before they introduced an uncontrollable element like Aug (and PI). Now that they added this nonsense in an attempt to discredit log and parse mentality, they only made their own jobs even harder. They are like a caveman trying to fly a plane, hysterically turning every knob in sight without even understanding why things in their own game are how they are, thinking that taking the brickhammer to the meta will bring people back to the game. Instead the last people still playing will peace out now as well.

Their patch by patch class reworks just cause the freshly reworked classes to be highly played, leaving all other class mains to just lose interest. The class reworks should happen as they did with Cataclysm, MoP, WoD, and Legion. Full reworks at launch instead of these drip fed reworks, that just shuffle around what people play as the patch highlight, causing skewed class and meta representations and leading devs to make even more stupid balance decisions. It’s 3 months into the season and they are still fumbling about, undermining player’s decisions what to play and harassing us with their interference.

1 Like

You guys are living in some fever dreams if you think Mage didnt need more nerfs, all three specs.

2 Likes

You should put in more effort if you want to campaign for your class to become the next top dog. A one liner isn’t going to cut it. And best do it on the druid forums. But remember, it’s not going to last. Blizzard likes to chop the tips off every chart topper (except DK for some reason) to routinely piss players off.

Mages have gotten into pugs specifically because of the idea of them being op strong by the top people this is a fact you can not avoid.

Fire Mage now is more accessible then in a very long time where in raiding the lower the percentile you look on the better Fire mage is compared to everything else.

And yet here you are crying over nerfs that will only affect the meta in those top keys if what you are saying are correct.
Afterall the Meta does not matter in lower keys.
You should look at yourself when making that comment.

How does a 10% nerf to aoe only affect the top players?

Did the other 10 % nerf the other time only affect the top players too?

I can tell you that for most pugs you’re probably better off using frost than fire, simply because it’s less reliant on a good group to perform really well.

As i explained above, there are certain reasons why fire was very good, and what i think will happen is that eventually fire will become yet again the spec that is very good or at least good at the top, but trash at the bottom if you don’t have a perfectly coordinated group, and i just don’t think that’s a good goal.

They should have tried to fix this situation in another way, and frankly, many of these problems are self inflicted, like pi.

Seems I struck a nerve, do you want a dummy to suck on?

In a pre made group that specificaly goes with fire mage in mind, they pull packs to take advantage of what fire mage can do and stack class’s the boost its dps.

In pugs they do not, they go with what ever is available. Thus a nerf aimed at those twerps in the top 1% has a bigger impact on mages that just pug with what ever.

Seriously how can you be this thick?

1 Like

Tell me you do not understand wow classes without telling me you do not understand wow classes
is just what you did here.
As you seem to need to be spoon feed this is the case for literally every dps spec in the game and different specs need different things to do optimal damage.

Also i do recommend actually talking about the topic instead of acting like a child.
Seems i hit a nerve considering your only response is to really be acting up like a 2year old throwing a temper tantrum

well yes your point being? Fire mages do 2.3 million DPS on a large High key AoE pull? while the rest maybe do 1 mill i mean? are really complaining about legitimite nerfs?

Frost actually didnt need nerfs tbh

Oh the irony.

So you want to pretend your the only one that understands how wow class’s work, whilst throwing in a bit about other classes needing specific setups and ignoring that those other class’s dont need as specific a setup as mage does.

Then to top it off you do act like a child whilst telling me not to imitate you, perhaps the only good bit of advice you came up with today.

And yes please stick to the topic, we were discussing mage, not other class’s which can and do pull fairly even or higher dps in random pugs without specific setups to actually finish with a decent overall dps.

Legitimate in what sense?

They are not pulling those numbers without an evoker or the mobs living long enough to keep it going.

Your also talking about a peak in dps not consistent dps on a mob trash pack.

There are vids out there showing this on a +28 key.

Guess what the majority of the mage playerbase is not playing?

Raiding heroic Im not going to say mage isnt pulling some great aoe damage on trash packs, but at the same time its certainly not in the region of 2 million dps and is in no way a justificaiton to nerf every mage.

That is Avoidance here who is saying it only affect the top players not me so why are you replying to me?

Also FYI according to the list i am looking at even with a full 10% nerf to the damage that is still 151k dps changing it from 1 to 4th place (will then become 3rd place) on dps in mythic + on pure dps.
To be fair i do not know how accurate this list actually is but fire is doing 168.8k on this list and the lowest spec Assasination Rogue is doing 110.6k dps.
So even at 151.91k dps that is still 40k more dps then the lowest dps spec in mythic + assuming this thing is accurate that is this list.

This whole thread is: I can’t get good aoe dps out of my mage so they don’t need nerfs!!

1 Like

That’s not what it is.

1 Like

What we really need is a an AoE damage buff but with further target capping, then you can do decent damage on low to mid target numbers without being excessive at high target numbers.

Isn’t frost mage already excellent on small pulls with glacial and splitting ice? Genuine question, my frost gear is awful so I’ve given up running it in NL.

Also from earlier

PI yes, evoker not really. Evokers secondary buffs are crit and vers. Crit is bad for us and vers is the same for everyone. Paly’s give a blessing that gives cdr every 3mins or so which is nice for us mind.