I tried FF, it was meh, I tried GW2, it's everything you need

Guild Wars 2 is basically WoW++

Combat is 10/10
Mythic+
World PVP anytime you want on specific zones, which are always active at any time
Instanced PvP
Better quest design
Better gear system
Mount design is insane
Raiding is great with 21st-century mechanics (lol rip sylvanas)
They care about the story and don’t rewrite it every expansion
Exploration, events, group events, solo instances, greatest transmog system ever, no monthly subscription, you can play free until level cap and more

Don’t get me wrong I tried FF. It was cool but not my game, and lack of proper PvP really killed it for me but I think in many ways, GW2 is the superior game in the genre right now.

4 Likes

Didn’t even mention the huge amount of things that you buy for irl money in the shop that game has. I already remember there is some currency in GW2 from the shop you buy with Crystals irrc. And those crystal can’t be baught for gold, only irl money.

8 Likes

You can change gold into cash shop currency and also in reverse. So in theory you can buy everything in GW2 for gold. So in theory people that defend WoW cash shop should have no problems with GW2 cash shop considering it does the same thing.

But yes, GW2 is a great off-mmo. It’s really not worth being a main mmo but it’s a great game to play occasionally when there is downtime in your main mmo.

6 Likes

I played both games for few years and both are worse than WoW. Comparing these games to WoW is actually trolling.
At the begining it may look interesting but after some time it’s horrible.
Both games are about story, it’s not mmorpg’s.

If it comes to GW2…
Imagine WoW with 5 years break between expansions. And then expansion which gives you: new map, 1 new mount, new specialization, 1 instanced pve content, fishing. And actually nothing else.
That’s GW2.

They abandoned every endgame content. No more raids, dungeons, pvp […]
After 1 month of playing you get best gear in GW2 and there’s no reason to play anymore.

GW2 is all about story. Nothing else. Average player login once per year, do story and then logout.

If it comes to pvp - it’s full of bots, and hackers, almost noone plays it there anymore.

Pvp scene died in 2016
Raid scene died in 2018

However as side mmo GW2 is definitely better than FF14

10 Likes

Well I am shocked good sir ! Imagining a moment in the world we live, in some game everything would not be free !

God forbid those dev tyrants would try to earn some money with micro transactions, how dare they? :smiley:

2 Likes
https://i.imgur.com/S4LWnST.mp4

GW2 also:

• huge in game shop for real money
  • different combat style than WoW
  • no addons
  • barber shop for token for real money or from boxes
  • instanced zones
  • very static world, in some zones npces and mobs even don’t have patches just standing in place

But it’s true mounts system in GW2 it’s amazing, there is only few mounts but they have unique skills. And cool outfits ofc. from shop or for tokens from …boxes…yeay more rng…

I played GW2, it was fun. WoW however has me coming back, GW2 didn’t. They barely bring out new content and the PVE gear is easily maxed out. PVP is a joke. Scenery was awesome though.

OT.

I also some years ago Tried GW 2, i liked the game up until i reached end game and the Living Story i think it’s called. Requires you to do dungeons to advance it further at Max level. I tried a few dungeons and then experience how Rude and Disrepectful and Elitist People was to me learning what to do in the Dungeon. After that i was out, and has never ever since played it again.

It -was- great until they made it too bloody hard. It was probably the only game I enjoyed playing with other people because I didn’t have to group up with anyone to work with them. You are incentivised to help people. It wasn’t full of toxic competition.

Can’t even solo the Living Story now, though and they put raids in. Removing them but too little too late. And my god the mount system is crazy… I preferred no mounts.

Now ESO, that’s a game. Just… no end game, really. But you know what? I don’t really like end game, so flip flopping between is fine for me.

ESO is also the best imho when it comes to Lore. They do what wow is literal :poop: at for years and still is in present day.

In ESO i actually give a damn about a character. In WoW i just facepalm or get mad.

Yep, I love getting recognised everywhere and running into old NPCs and stuff. In WoW they are seriously inconsistent with that.

Exactly! the writing in that game also feels like everything has a connection and proper passion, heart and soul. Everything has great context and there is no things that is just there because of some moment that the developer wanted to happend, but never explains in game. Just via Game Text or outside books…

ESO gets all of that right in ACTUAL game.

Or the lack of…

wait what, does it have endless scaling dungeons with leaderboards :O?

Nah but they have something called… fractures I think… which is basically the same idea, but implemented differently in their own flair of dungeons. I don’t think they have leaderboards? But like, the content is there, it just doesn’t get updated too much or talked about a lot on the internet, because a lot of the crowd that cares to discuss their gameplay and analyse it… don’t play GW2. Or they did and now they don’t, I should say. There’s only so much content in a game after all, no matter how decent it is. GW2 right now is a couple of years old. What is there IS a pretty fun journey and experience though. The story as you level is pretty good, and I think the living stories are good too but you gotta buy most of those extra now, so like… depends how much you like the rest I guess. But it IS an extra expense to unlock all the story content, in addition to the full price of the game with both expansions! (Don’t know how exactly those are priced right now.)
EDIT: I should say that from what I remember the game seriously promoted elitist behaviour and “save time tactics” and “meta builds” in almost all the group content in the entire base game. I don’t know how they’ve changed it, but used to be dungeon mobs had an actual aggro range so the best tactic was to just speed past everything, kill the last pack before the boss, then kill the boss lol, skipping most of the dungeons. Suuuper great design /s. I imagine they changed that though #hopeful

Can i have your gold?

I tried both and FF14 is better for me. Im casual. I dont want mythic, I defo DONT want zone open world pvp (HATE IT)
Depends what your looking for I guess :smiley:

2 Likes

This is what makes any game better tho :smiley:

Hopefully WoW add more than token at some point

I would recommend try ESO online, game is amazing with a ton of content, (i don’t do raids so i can’t say anything about the endgame pve) , amazing pvp and a ton of customization to your character.
The quests are amazing as well with full voice acting and choices that makes the outcome different depend on what your do.
There is also a “paragon” type when you reach the max level ,that it is shared to all your characters so you do not have to grind except the base max level.
Game was not good when it laucnhed but after many patches it has been a very good game now.
One last thing is that you can craft almost everything and from pve you mainly get the resources that you need to upgrade your gear.