I tried FF, it was meh, I tried GW2, it's everything you need

i have played new world beta now 200+ hours in 2 weeks time amaizing game …

Did you take breaks just to sleep?

yes i took brakes to sleep and go bathroom we was like 3 peoples in the group ( irl friends )

I like GW2 as a sidegame when things are slow in wow. I dont think i’d ever swap and have it as my main MMO though. But i havent made it to max level yet so dont know what endgame looks like.

No monthly fee… get it.

I am sorry to break the bubble, but a lot of really popular MMOs on paper are actually a hot pile of :poop::poop::poop:.
I have tried playing a lot of these in the past, and also stuff like Aion, AoC, etc.
Yes, WoW has in the eyes of many been getting worse as the years passed, but for me that just means it went from 9.5/10 to maybe 8 or 7.5/10.
A lot of the games mentioned above were always 2-3/10, always will be too. You play them for 3 4 weeks then wonder wth are you doing wasting your time with, as they are empty, lifeless, with zero content or meaningful lore.
I don’t ever see the possibility of wow getting so much worse to even consider switching to some other MMO from the current ones, because even then I would just go to Vanilla Wrath or Cata and chill there forever or something.

1 Like

I just got bored in GW2, quite quickly, whilst WoW n FF14 has me coming back in regularly. I tried ESO and the combat just bored me, but then I’ve never really liked the Twitch style and generally have never done more than a few hours in the single player games. I’m going to try New World as it looks interesting but I’m a useless individual of habit and love my old school tab targeting MMOs.

I like those sounds in GW2, when injured and so on.
No sub and cash shop as wow got?

I am not defending FF14 as better MMO, but try playing it as anything else than MMO, take your time, enjoy the world, play it as singleplayer rpg where you truly immerse yourself in the world.
FF14 is not good MMO experience but as JRPG it is really great

the main rison why i started to play wow in bfa in first place was becourse of MM hunters with the 9% mastery curraption u colud stack simple mastery to 80% giveing hunter a range on 120 yards … becourse i like guns

GW2 is more like WoW–

Sorry to say that but GW 2 has everything i hate with mmos. Combat system is bad , skill system is bad , pvp system is meh , i have extremely sensitive eyes and those skill effects just extremely hurts my eyes.
I’m happy you liked it but i do not agree it is superior in any way then wow. Even if the other stuff i wrote wasn’t there i still wouldn’t play gw 2 because of it’s combat system

thz god there is new world dont have to play wow nomore …

I played GW2 alot and no it aint WoW++. GW2 has nothing that made WoW great.

The only thing you forgot to mention is that GW2 is a one time purchase, while on the other hand WoW has a monthly sub fee, which adds up to the one time price of GW2 in just a few months.

So I think the presence of the in-game shop in GW2 is a “little” easiser to justify than WoW’s shop.

f2p p2w MMOs are best deffetly the one made in korea or chaina

Ah yes, difference of opinions makes one a troll…

Don’t be daft.

Any game with neko cat boys/girls are potentially cool… :thinking:

There are many things that are more appealing in FF14 for me. Per example:

The story is WAY better, told in a much better way and consistent from start to finish. No need to fear 200 million retcons between here and the next expansion, the story is told beautifully and to top it all, you’re just an adventurer, one of many. Added bonus; you’re actually part of the story and cutscenes, which is only fitting since you did all the work anyway.

Now class system, WAY better in FF14. No need to level alts what so ever. You can have all jobs, all crafting, everything, on one character. Want to be a tank? No problem, change your weapon. Want to be a healer? Sure, go ahead. Be what ever job you want to be, on one character. For me, I love it. Part of an MMO for me, is connecting with your character. I don’t feel connected with any of my characters in WoW, they’re a device to convey my actions in the gaming world, nothing more.

Also, classes/jobs in FF14 feels unique. When you switch from a paladin to a gunbreaker, it feels different. If you change from a Dancer to a Samurai, it feels different. I don’t feel classes in WoW have the differentiation any more. They feel too similar and too alike. No uniqueness or anything.

So, for me, it’s FF14. I’ve tried GW2 but, it hasn’t really stuck on me. I am however interested to see how New World pans out. Thus far from the beta, it shows great promises. But have to see once it fully releases in end of August.

yeah fun to sub to wow when they add content every 6-8 month :rofl:
then u beat the content in like 1-2 weeks :rofl: