I want to play classic

Not sure what to do though, classic era or SoM and move him over once SoM ends?

I kind of wish there was a fresh cycle classic era. Don’t know if people are sick of it now though?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, altering Classic is the name of the game right now. People want it personalized and changed to their liking. The result will be different SoM-esque abominations, only capable of garnering a small portion of those who enjoy Classic.
Even though 2019 Classic had it’s “non Blizzlike” traits, it’s still a solid core pre-TBC playthrough that caters to almost all who have interest in this era of the game.

I would love a fresh classic too, but the vocal minorities demanding personal features will continue to blurr the lines and lead to awkward alternate versions with 10k crowds. Don’t expect Blizzard to do the right thing.

4 Likes

you think you do,but you dont!

1 Like

Pros of SoM: Faster levelling. more groups.
Cons of SooM: a competitive, semi-toxic communiy

Pros of Era: Laid back guilds, the (almost) original levelling experience. Nice people (pass by buffing is still a thing).
Cons of Era: Not that many players, hard to find groups (not impossible).

If you go to Era, be warned, the RP servers are dead. PvE are all merged, so they show as low - it’s still the individual pop. PvP are merged into 2 clusters, one dying, one OK - I can’t remember which is what. Make a spy if PvP is your thing.

1 Like

Firemaw PvP cluster on era is plenty active on the evenings, with raids, pvp and all.

The community is quite nice and you can join raids from guilds as they are always welcoming people to fill rosters. At the end, everyone knows everyone and it has this vintage vanilla feel that some of us love.

Im not sure what it is with SoM characters being transfered to Era (meaning, whether this will happen or not). All I can say is that whoever decided to move here, will be welcome and find a cool community.

4 Likes

Lightshope fresh announced the other day. I’d just wait for that if you want a decent vanilla experience. SOM is a pile of hot steaming turd.

4 Likes

It is not Lightshope. It is just WhiteKidney, a former dev from Lightshope and who is known to be a shady developer and cash crab.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.