Icecrown Community is the new Gallywix? (RMT drama time)

Hey guys,

I just found this sheet on reddit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/142KtczgDQDIso3zpOGL4PNxqySVVWC2FcOT_l-Kzg0o/htmlview?pru=AAABdgBcjp0*3CYAPC2liR29sIAYMCsAPg#gid=0

Seems like ICC Community is the next to fall, what do you think? :smiley: Is there a chance that with the amount of gold these communities play with, they won’t get corrupt in time?

6 Likes

Oh boy, drama time :popcorn::smiley:

6 Likes

Every one of these big communities are doing RTM trade. The question is when they will get caught.

12 Likes

Tagging myself in, can’t wait to see this unfold

1 Like

Absolutely ! Why would they need all that gold otherwise ?
They can buy all BMAH and store items with tiny fraction of what they accumulated.

Think explanation is rather clear.

Yeah when Gallywix was caught they had literal billions. A whole server could barely spend that…

my shocked face when booststrash trade for $$

11 Likes

Icecrown POV right now:

6 Likes

the sad part maybe one account of those scum will get punished. or 2… they have 10 accounts each. 10.000s of $ in cash and 1000000000s of gold. they dont care about 1 acc

2 Likes

Here comes the “i didnt know that my (insert any random boosting community) community has people that sell boost for real money.”

Lets be serious for a second. Its the 2nd time that a boosting community caught doing rmt trade boost.

All of these communities should be banned.

6 Likes

As I predicted. Dawn community coming down soon, and wowhead coming down too, and most other communities. Here we go!

3 Likes

Wow sure has changed a lot these days from multi boxers and boosting sure hope they on top of things

1 Like

And all that shall remain will be the free boosters, advertising in raids only to leave.

3 Likes

I’m going to regret asking this but how on earth is Wowhead supposed to be corrupt?

8 Likes

Probably the same people. Ban boosting advertising.

5 Likes

Blizzard should disband those communities cause higher ups always screw poor and hard working boosters. There is a place for boosting in this game but creating communities of thousands of people is too much.

Agreed but how ? Hunt them ? 1 by 1 ? that’s looks like they need an army + they would be banning paying customers also ?

Even if you develop the community with a zero tolerance towards RMT, there’s nothing else you can do with the gold you’re making. RMT is an inevitability with boosting communities.

The way to fix it on Blizzard’s end is to provide some severe endgame gold sinks that target these people specifically.

I mean if someone manages to run underground community of 1000 boosters under blizzards radar then kudos to them but most of those communities spam trade chat 24/7. Algorithm catches community name, blizzard infiltrates it like Leonardo di Caprio in The Departed and tells owners to stop.

3 Likes

What stops them to name change , create other communities , strengthen their resolve and fill their bags in the process till they get caught ? while mass banning boosters will be impossible and totally not worthy it for blizz .
When the police get better so are the thieves .

I really don’t see viable solutions , this look like desperate ones .

Remove gold create new currency for each expansion (account bound currency ) and problem is solved .