If the level squish goes through Im quitting wow permanently

What makes you think a level squish means less effort to get to 60? It’s literally all for numbers.

1 Like

He doesn’t seem to be good with numbers.

Of course it would be pointless for you from where you stand. You don’t even seem to understand how it works.

What about your argument ? Because your OP doesn’t seem to provide any. Funny that you’re against something without even really knowing why. And don’t tell me about twinking because as many people have been repeating over and over again it’s all about numbers. But do you even know what that means ?

“Now everyone can raid” is not QoL, it’s a game mechanic. No one thought LFR was a QoL change. It was a straight up, game breaking change.

“Now everyone is level 60, not 120” is a QoL not a game mechanic. Can you even list a few reasons why it would impact the game in a harmful way?

There’s a clear divide between the two features, if you can’t see it then nothing I can say will sway you that its really not a big deal, it’s a nice change that’ll make the game feel better.

Don’t even know where to start on this. It has nothing to do with level caps being tied to expansions.

1 Like

The game can’t cater to twinks

Care to expand, please ?

They could, obviously.
But could they do 120 meaningful talents? Realistically? for every single spec? I dont think they have the time for that. Look at PoE, 80% of the talents are +crit %, attack speed, damage done, etc. Filler spells to the golden rings.
WoW could have a few fillers with more Golden rings.
120 would be more fillers than game impacting talents.

Thats not what the level squish is about anyway. It’s about how it impacts CURRENT WoW, not the Ideal WoW.

1 Like

Well, the character name checks out.

If i see a game having 120 levels to go through and read reviews about how the entire focus is on the endgame then i personally won’t be likely to try it out.
I mainly see a level squish as a positive at this point IF it’s followed up by changes to the level’ing and a complete rework of professions.
Squishing the levels and doing nothing about the surrounding factors that used to be a part of level’ing a character, if you wanted to do those along the way, is simply pointless.

1 Like

I’ve seen you make no points other than OMG LFR RUINED THE GAME THIS WILL TOO! WHEN WILL THEY LEARN! A completely ridiculous argument with 0 logic behind it.

You’re the one putting your fingers in your ears going lalallalala im right you’re wrong.

and surely “it’ll bring in new players” is a massive pro that’ll outway any con?

1 Like

Are you saying you aren’t making assumptions? Did you actually read what you just wrote in the post quoted here?

Quite frankly, I trust Blizzard’s capabilities in making choices far more than yours. Sure, they may sometimes “try and fail” systems, but claiming the level squish are guaranteed to be worse, is quite bold of you.

I am pretty sure Ion said that a level squish could help them make leveling feel more meaningfull, and one of the arguements being the possibility of giving out talents and spells more frequently during the process.

Either way, I am 99,99% sure it will come with abilities/talents being given out more frequently. We’re still just talking about a number reduction, so stuff are going to move = things happening on more dings than today. Less abilities/talents compared to today’s system, are unlikely as far as I can see it.

1 Like

Are you for real?

Totally OT, but what on earth did LFR break with the game?

I don’t enjoy LFR either, but my choice is to not use it, or at least close to never use it. It doesn’t harm me, or any of my ingame activities at all.

You sound like you’re upset someone you don’t like, is playing with your toys.

What did LFR break? Please fill me in.

1 Like

You’re not the only one.

MMORPG’s are all fun because you’re rewarded for spending time preparing/doing something. What kind of reward is it to simply queue up for something and do it swiftly? There’s a reason the old wow is more popular than the new one.

Simple answer;

You don’t set the rules for what makes a good game, or a MMORPG. MMORPG means “Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game”. Nowhere in that description does it say exactly how it should work. Youridea of what MMORPG means, isn’t necessarily the idea of another. The developers of WoW created LFR, and they clearly do not share your view of LFR’s value. There are certainly other players out there who do not share your view of it either.

So let me ask you this, when did you start playing and at what point do you think WoW was or is good?

Edit: also the new developers of wow created, LFR, not the old ones.

started playing during vanilla, and wow was at its best during wotlk

1 Like

Where did you pull those stats from?

I can promise you I did love vanilla. I was totally hooked. It was very good. For it’s time. Today’s WoW is also good, I have no plans of quitting at this point. But I also liked vanilla. It was just different. Doesn’t mean it was better, or worse. To me they are both good, and there will be many players out there with different views of it. At this point in time, you cannot possibly say vanilla was more popular than current WoW, without taking a lot of factors into account. The market has changed, the playground has changed. The original players have changed.

If classic pulls in more players in the long run, than the latest expansion, then we can possibly start talking about the classic model being more successfull.

Then whats the point? Is the there a lot of players with meganumerophobia??

1 Like

I agree with you.

@ayliish We will see than. Classic was more succesful though. I have never seen anyone say “I like less customization” haha.

I got my own account July 3rd 2006. Before that I had watched my other half play the game since 16 days after EU release. I was too much of a coward to play myself for more than a year, and prefered watching him. Watching him put down target dummies in Searing Gorge for mobs to attack those while he were mining Mithril is one of my greatest memories of watching him play(and him dancing naked on his nightelf with tons of others in Shadowglen, on his first character). Go figure. I would probably not be as easily entrained today.