"If there is such a big gap between players 20 item levels apart, it is more likely a skill issue"

This is the problem. This is what started the exchange in this thread for me. The statement, as you make it, is patently false. But I guess Ion did not say it. I guess he said that 1 ilvl results in roughly 1% more output. Which, in a raid environment, appears to be roughly true.

I didn’t watch the interview myself, only read the notes and in this thread I replied to this particular statement, which, as I say, is patently false. I guess I jumped the gun in that Ion likely said something else, which wasn’t as wrong as above (but still wrong for PVP, and by a lot, see my previous post), but in my defense, Ion’s interviews are empty and boring and not worth watching. So, I take the phrases of others literally as what he said, and if they end up being different from what he actually said, well…

Good thing he never spoke of PvP, ever.

That’s what people have been trying to point out for a good while now.

1 Like

Well, the issues regarding ilvl differences apply to PVP plentifully, so if he didn’t have PVP in mind, whatever, but that just shows how much they care about it (not at all).

Well, that’s an issue with the PvP devs not doing their job, I guess :man_shrugging: But for some reason, people 'round here rather shout at Ion for not doing PvP fixes, instead of the 2? (or is it 3?) people that get paid to be pvp devs.

Imagine making a thread about a duel all this because you got beat by zoogodx in a duel Lmfaoo

Skill Issue math

Played around 1000 games in 3s and now i am 1800-2000mmr hardstuck.
From my experience i can tell for sure that at this mmr to climb gear doesnt matter.
Most of the games you will win because your class/comp is much stronger and then if you play underpeforming class skill will come to play followed by gear.

FOTM spec > Skill > Gear.

1 Like

More like FOTM spec>gear>>>>>>>>skill

So it’s never a skill issue? I am shocked.

You know nothing.
Played warlock since beginning of the season and i never ever throuth that i lost because of gear. Most of the time it was FOTM comps that rekt us or lack of skill.
Nobody cried about gear in the begining of the season because everyone played their mains.
Now they cry because their alts are too low item level and they dont want to put in work to gear them.

2 Likes

I’m curious, what rating do you people think gear prevents you from achieving by default? A particular number.

you know what I would love to see?
Ilvl 198 guy (r1 or glad or whatever) playing with a potato ilvl 200 healer from the lfg trash can rating (like 1k CR)
really would like to see what will happen :smiley:

all these stupid videos from skill crap and other garbanzo floating around are always forged and cut. Oh yea and also use a melee class or better yet just don’t use an A-S tier spec
would love to see it

it is not even about the rating… I played on my ilvl 200 toon (but ilvl doesn’t even matter) together with a ilvl 195 MW monk.
First match R/M. I got standard sapped. He died in 0.5 seconds. He tried to trinket but died when the trinket went off xD
Second match was against ret rogue. He trinket opener and used cocoon, died the next global.

I mean don’t you think that has something to do with gear?

With garbage gear you just go no reaction time left playing against double dps.
Playing against dps/heal went better till the next warrior chops you for 15k condemns (50% of your HP)
Yes healer played terrible and I probably also play terrible but it certainly didn’t help losing 50% HP with every swing.
My SP which is about 11 ilvl higher, with much more pvp gear (optimized somewhat) feels like unkillable in comparison.

there are 40k HP people playing S tier comps on 900 rating. :smiley:

1 Like

Ofcourse gear didn’t matter at the beginning of the season because everyone was in the same boat. Are you that dense?

But hey, I guess you’re one of those Gods of PvP aswell, who thinks 197 ilvl vs 220+ doesn’t matter at all and it’s just about skill. Newsflash, unless they’re pretty bad the person in 220 gear doing 30%+ more damage should win every time.

It’s quite funny to see these replies though. On one side we have multi r1’s and gladiators who can see the problems with arena late in this season, and then there’s people like you. I’m sure we will see you compete at the highest levels soon.

Well it will work for a while but what exactly is the point?
There is this guy on youtube (warroid or something), high rated player who made an alt and played with people only from lfg. The series should go to 2,4k cr on this one, I watched only until 2,1k.
If we’d say “play only with bad people, not your main class and no gear”, what exactly is the point. Good gear or bad gear, good class or “bad” class, it’s still about team pvp and playing with bad people will result in bad rating. So not sure if I get the point here.

“New” alt here. What you going to blame me for? Faceroll spec because rets, rogues, mages etc require more skill?

As if BM isn’t faceroll since 9.0.5.

So suddenly gear doesn’t matter anymore because of my spec? Which spec/class exactly requires skill?

Reading is hard:

I never said that skill doesn’t matter. Skill matters far less when you play a FOTM spec and have a massive gear advantage. It’s not rocket science.

I started with covenant gear and was playing only with lfg people. Do you believe I didn’t meet any fotm specs or higher geared people? What are you even trying to say?

You’re literally playing a FOTM spec yourself. BM is the most reprazented dps spec after arms above 2400 since 9.0.5.

But then again, 2s is a broken and unbalanced bracket anyway.

So suddenly gear doesn’t matter anymore because of my spec, is that what you are saying?
What if I made the same on rshaman? Ret pala? Mage? Warrior? Holy priest? Rogue? Druid?