If you are going to uncap AOE, do it for everyone and remove limits and soft caps

It’s hard to take anyone seriously, that is incapable to bring an argument, only personal attacks.

No class is having their soft cap removed, there has pretty much always been a soft cap as far as I am aware (or at least for a very long time). Soft cap of 20 doesn’t mean you can’t hit more than 20 targets, it just means that if you hit more than 20 targets the total damage is split evenly among all targets rather than just ever increasing.

Offical 5.2 patch note:

Classes

• General
    • Area Damage Cap: The area damage cap is now 20 targets (was 10). This means area of effect damage spells now reach their maximum damage when striking 20 targets. If more than 20 targets are struck, then the total damage done is spread evenly over the actual number of targets present.

Argument 1: they did uncap aoe by adding dmg over the 5 target for abilities who were capped like this, i.e. divine storm. that is an uncapping.
Argument 2: by previous interaction on the subject, no amount of argument will work with you, look at the flame patch discussion.

1 Like

You don’t understand the concept. A soft cap doesn’t mean it hits 20 targets; it means IT DAMAGES AS IF THE TARGETS WERE 20 (if the targets are more).

Take a load at these people joking that I have a problem here.

How is

An attack ? you keep threating people with these attack messages trying to make them look bad whilst doing so as the simple fact is they do not agree with your inane babbel .

Because they are incapable to bring an argument. They prefer to spam nonsense like “find a psychiatrist”.

Those personal attackers should be banned immediately because they’re both off topic & against TOS.

That’s part of the point. At this time any targets over 20 is a net loss of dps on said targets.

Whereas the current listed abilities are having their caps removed it even states in the blue post.

Where are the Outlaw changes to Blade Flurry? It is still capped at 4 + 1 primary target! Also i don’t see any boomy or fire mage changes…

Nothing is net loss. It was done because tanks with semi-immunity to all damage (especially with block) could pull an entire zone and kill it in 3 seconds.

This affects approximately nothing on end-game.

Telling you to calm down is not an attack or agaisnt COC …TOS has nothing to do with forums at al TOS is in game actions .
You really need to stop saying that in every thread that you encounter people disagreeing with you .

The poster who did tell you to calm down made very valid points which you used cap’s and shouted at him for ,for no reason .
Using caps on forums is like shouting at people do not do it .

1 Like

Give me a break. He explicitly said to find a psychiatrist. This is not only off topic and a personal attack: I would almost categorize it as a real life threat which is illegal in most countries.

And they haven’t said anything about completely uncapping anything. The 20 target soft cap has been a thing since MoP and doesn’t mean that you don’t hit anything past 20 targets, but only that the total damage done will not increase past 20 targets, meaning that if there is 25 targets, they will all be hit, but the total damage will get split as if 20 target were hit. And let’s be honest, how often do you have more than 20 targets aside from old content where you one shot everything with or without the cap anyway.

The soft cap might as well be considered uncapped.

1 Like

Then the simple answer to your reply would be to cap tank specs from going ham in dungeons and not penalize DPS classes that are designed around AoE i.e Destruction and Fire Mage and Boomie.

But that was ignored with Vengeance DH in 9.0 and look how that ended up.

No it doesn’t? The abilities listed will deal decreased damage against 5+ targets instead of being hardcapped, while the abilities you listed that still had the soft cap of 20 won’t deal decreased damage until 20+ targets.

For many of the abilities that underwent the change from uncapped to a strict target cap in 9.0, we’re converting the damage to “reduced damage beyond 5 targets.” This means that the ability will deal full damage against 5 targets, then reduced damage to each additional target beyond 5. This means that while the overall damage done by the ability increases with the number of targets, the individual damage done to each target will decrease.`

How often do you hit over 20 targets in a setting where your dps matters?

None of that is needed. End game almost never has 20+ targets.

Please sue me for telling you to get help on a WoW forum. I don’t see how it’s a threat in any way, shape or form, but I’m willing to find out.

It’s not only off topic, it’s also nonsense. Even if you were psychiatrist you would be a BAD one since you can not make a diagnosis over the internet.

Well there is older content where I would like to run Legion and BFA dungeons to farm mogs and mounts and personally I don’t think players like me should be penalized for that. Also Azerite Expeditions will be made solo in the next patch and honestly this cap will be a minor nuisance for AoE classes to clear it quickly.

Please let’s refrain from personal attacks.