If you aren't gonna do a new class for shadowland

bUt diD yOŪ rEad ?!! aNswEr iS nO

3 Likes

Consistency.

I mean at least i am not pretending.

If only people were actually honest.

edit : whats the point of saying something and then going back to edit it into another so that people see something completely different.

Stick your words Ryura

Just about what i expected, goodbye.

exactly what i expected too. sure edit out the condescending response all you want but you cant edit out that stank attitude :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

One can dream…

Hunters:

I just wanted my Mechagnome Tinker ._.

cries in baby Yoda

1 Like

I want 4th spec and dont care about balance that does not exist anyway.

Fire DK, Blood Healer, Ranged Necronancer’ish~
Whatever

1 Like

Judging from the past F-ups i would say its insanely difficult as our classes are gutted husks after all the pruning and we still have nothing that even resembles balance.

Not necessarily, it may not be a problem on balance, but rather of design.

Dps is just number crunching, the disparity comes from different utility, and different types of damage, for example, a bursty class vs a sustained damage class, burst in cd, or burst with certain abilities, cleave, aoe etc… that may make some classes better for some encounters.

To understand better what i mean, think of chaos blades dh in legion, which basically was insane burst during a small window of time, basically cds, and destro lock, where most damage comes from a single ability that does massive damage, or frost mages when they get flurry proc, or glacial spike for example, instead enhancement shaman, rarely has big hitting abilities but does lots of smaller damage, that is basically sustained damage through lots of small hits with a few hard hits.

Theoretically you do not necessarily have to sacrifice class fantasy to reach a goal, for example, enhancement shaman can still have burst if you have a cd that greatly improves the damage of your skills but not the lots of hits factor. For example ascendance does pretty much that.

It’s not easy i think, but the point was that he, we do not really know how hard it actually is to balance, we can assume but not be certain.

As i said before i think every spec should have a base toolkit that allows them to do pretty much everything to lesser or higher degrees based on the “fantasy” of the spec, but the effectiveness is not too different so much that it makes some classes just better, that is what i would want optimally.

Now there are other problems, for example, they should have never made the gcd change in bfa, sometimes it gets really ridiculous, that you have to waste up to 4 gcd to actually start doing dps, it’s just dumb.

Seems like you already made up your mind.
Imo it would be better for you to just skip Shadowlands instead of setting yourself up for disappointment. :man_shrugging:

It depends, a new class or new specs would be desirable, but new talents, old abilities that are good and not just flavor or situational, and it will do i guess.

But not buffs like arcane intellect or things like those, although effective they hardly add anything worthwhile.

The problem is that so far the only thing that i have seen that seems good is covenants, and i take issue with that, because in legion we had artifacts and leggos and tier sets, in bfa they removed pretty much everything in favor of azerite and essences which do not make up for what we have lost. If in shadowland we lose even more then i will probably not play it.

I did not play bfa up until 8.2 anyway.

The problem is that the content just cannot be enjoyable if the specs get worse and worse.

What I gathered from their reveals at Blizzcon the biggest change to class abilities/gameplay are going to be the soulbinds; sort of acting like talent trees.

Besides that we get the 2 abilities per coventant (limited to 1 covenant at a time).

And who knows about gear. Are they going to be doing more Benthic like effects? More corruption like effects (I really really hope they won’t do this). Etc.
And didn’t they also mention Legion-type legendaries (but without the RNG)?

And then there’s the ‘unpruning’ they mentioned. Besides a few examples, we don’t really know anything else.

And then there’s temporary stuff; like the unique abilities you can get in Torghast; these will also likely change how you approach things and play your class/spec while doing the tower.

There is a lot of unknowns, which are going to be answered when the Beta comes around.

Yes ofc, the leggo system in legion was ruined by rng, the effects were extremely enjoyable on some items though.

There is no reason to add new classes when they can’t even differentiate the ones they already have.

I just levelled up a fire mage after playing a Moonkin for a while and I can barely tell the difference. The leap and blink have the same CD, and they’re both about building procs to do damage with instants, and they both have several abilities that heal them, although in the mage in a slightly more roundabout way, all the inner ring azerite traits are the same and overall, every once in a while there’s a CD-like thing that pops (Combustion or Arcanic Pulsar) where you must make an extremely precisely set up rotation to dish out huge damage and outside of it you do very little damage… yeah, there are differences, but they are really similar overall.

Until stuff like that stops being the case, I see no reason to add moe classes.

EDIT: I actually agree with Tahra here. Let them flesh out the existing classes by adding more to them in the form of old spells and talent trees and things like that. The existing classes need their identities back before we even consider adding a new one.

And yeah, I can understand why people are disappointed there’s no Necromancer here. Obvious choice and timing and the game has a lot more melee than ranged specs, but like… fix what’s there. If they manage to differentiate the classes a bit more I’m sure there’s gonna be one in there that you’re gonna love.

I agree it was enjoyable and for me personally the RNG didn’t ruin it at all, but I know for many people it was a problem.

Well it didn’t completely ruin it, when you got your leggos it was very satisfying to use them if you got them early otherwise it was frustrating.

And Ishayu

I do not get this forum propaganda about how every class feels the same, they don’t.

Just because you use pyroblast on mage and starsurge on balance, and both of them are the big hitters of the spec, it does not mean they feel the same, the rotation, the feel of the spec is completely, completely different.

This is just forum propaganda.

Have to agree with this:

I love playing a hunter and no other spec comes close to me giving that enjoyment. So no, they don’t feel alike at all.

1 Like

Which is impossible, classes have never been ‘‘fixed’’, not in classic, or in any expansion, it has always been the same, better or worse at times, so to think there is some mysterious fix or balance is a load of delusional thinking.
With that, adding a new class wouldn’t make a difference, more work yes, but different than it already is? No.

He plays at a very high standard and just explained how much fire mage and boomkin which he plays both of feel the same . And i agree with him you just ignored everything he said and dismissed it as propaganda . He and his guild clear CE all the time and although me and him fall out alot i respect his views on druids and he is very up to date on specs and looks at things in an in-depth way .
Please stop dismissing views because they dont match yours its very obnoxius to do so and arrogant.

2 Likes