If you care about the game, cancel your sub

Well my Rogue still has 30 days so i plan to gank and corpse Camp every bloodelf i see 24/7 :wink:

3 Likes

I’m gonna play Classic vanilla. If they dare to touch that with an MTX I’ll quit and stay playing RuneScape. Old school that is.

1 Like

I had like 10m gold in retail when I quit and I bought game time with all of it as well I can’t quit anytime soon lel.
I invite you to a greater cause though - gank boosters instead of only BEs.

1 Like

True. You can cause panic in their board meeting next week If everyone exactly states why they cancel.

:joy:

You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried…

Blizzard lose and gain tens of thousand’s of subs daily so a few hundred salty players unsubbing won’t make them lose sleep.

Sadly, players who care about the game canceling their subs won’t make any difference in my opinion. By stopping to publish their subscriber numbers, they pretty much revealed that they don’t care about a consistent healthy population anymore. They make up for the loss in subscribers by releasing some new store mount or pet or toy or whatever. It’s basically like a mobile game making most of their profit from 1% of the playerbase. Maybe a bit less extreme but in a nutshell that’s what it seems like to me.

1 Like

Why does the wow forums always attract drama queens.

Did you honestly expect this post to gain 4-5k replies all in support of your suggestion?

The majority of players are excited for the launch, and your forum rebellion sub cancellation will be vastly outnumbered by returning and new players for TBC.

1 Like

That myth of “voting with your wallet” doesn’t work in reality. Especially in the industry of videogames.

It’s hard for me to see people “excited” about a rushed 2-week pre-patch release.

Why not? I did it every time with every game I wasnt happy anymore

Cool, so you going Aldor or Scryers, bro?

1 Like

Because individuals won’t make a reasonble difference and mass enough effect for developers to notice, it needs to be a community movement to have some effect. Considering that they are changing their rails to even make classic profit start to be MTX first sub second, where whales will be first priority payers.

World chat on my realm was ecstatic with the news of pre-patch and tbc launch. Same goes with my guild and WoW related discord servers. The forums really does attract a certain individual.

I even had 9 friends come online that I haven’t seen since phase 2-3 of Classic.

1 Like

Not surprised, with such a hilarious release date you would rush to classic to-level characters you thought you had at least a few months for if you needed to.

Even if it doesnt make a difference, you unsubbed from game you dont enjoy anymore and kept your integrity. Find another one you will enjoy

2 Likes

That’s such a cool experience, when you play retail, it slowly dies through bad changes, you stop playing the game, then classic announced, you are hyped for the game you actually love, playing through vanilla, having a decent time in it, and expecting a blast in TBC and wrath, thinking how they could potentially avoid the road of damnation they created since the end of TBC and in Wrath, and in few months before tbc release you get pooped on your face with “cool” changes.

Especially when there is not “another” you could enjoy because classic was the game on it’s own, excavated from the past. Private servers, I guess.

If you actually cared about the game, you’d cancel your sub. This is NOT ok by any means. They’ve done a complete 180

1 Like

If only doing that would actually make any meaningful change. It’s like going vegan for the sake of the environment. Doing it alone isn’t worth it. If you want a change you should try to make a movement, not doing a pointless individual fight.

1 Like

Exactly this, I will be back in wrath when blizz hopefully realizes they cant pull stuff like this and actually do it by the book instead of holding up false pretends.

People have booked holidays, need 4 weeks notice in advance to take off holidays or simply have a family and no time to do it in 12 days.

Alot of people want to swap to b elfs or roll a new pala since horde has only ugly races. Basically r.n. every casual is forced to level manually in 12 days or get left behind in classic. (prolly they will reach STV by the time launch hits).

Which means if I want to roll a Paladin and i cant make it in 12 days, then i cant play with my friends during the start of the expansion. Nice going Blizzard in a game where grouping and playing with friends is the main thing you want do do. You encourage buying boosts only and punish casual manual players in the process.

I don’t even wanna talk about the MTX store mount, don’t even wanna waste a breath on it. All I will say about it is look at your subs in a few months and tell us if it was worth it

What made you cancel your sub? Was it the changes? The deluxe edition? The short notice? The short prepatch? Seeing how rampant botting and gold buying have been in classic you would have cancelled long ago if you truly cared about the game.

1 Like

People don’t care, secretly they love any sort of “Pay To Do Anything”. The main Vanilla fans care, but those playing generally don’t. Lootboxes, monetising anything and everything, who cares. GTA Online is the biggest example, followed by Fifa, Overwatch and the rest. The industry has been pathetic for a good few years, it’s not about to change or get better, that’s not how life works now unfortunately.