If you want to stop raider io

Ok, but the final score is computed using your best runs, and everyone talks about the score, not about each individual run you’ve had.

I would definitely take someone with 5 timed runs + 10 untimed runs over someone with only 5 timed runs. Experience, experience, experience. And where people play there will be mistakes. Perfect records do not exists.

Yeah, no. I just left a group in underrot +15 because they couldn’t kill cragmaw. They’d never get past him no matter what.

1 Like

Didn’t realise it was the weekend already :wink:

The simple answer is to run M+ with friends, guild or community. I myself have done very little M+ in BFA but what I have done (and a few forum regulars know this) using the above methods, I have enjoyed it and it’s kinda restored my liking for the game. But on topic, I neither like or dislike Rio, as I dont pug and therefore it doesn’t really affect me

You seem to be forgetting that the more untimed runs vs timed runs increases the chance that the person will simply not time the run or they simply don’t actually care and are just trying to get their 15 chest without even considering the timer.

Generally, i will only go to +15 for the weekly chest and not because i actually care about the timer, the timer is simply a nuisance that forces me to exclude people who would otherwise be fine without it.

2 Likes

The more someone has done a dungeon the more chances of no mistakes.

1 Like

If you have done any level of raiding, you know fine well that is simply not true.

2 Likes

Tbh, that’s not entirely true. Back in Legion while I was still doing m+, I ran them only with a static group, and never really learned the path, because I was just following the tank.

1 Like

That is like shooting yourself into leg.

I think, if you want to remove RIO, you need to go back to original “Ladder” and turn RIO to thing that is not needed, but those who want to climb RIO can and it is purely “numbers”. There is no reward tied to RIO other than bragging rights, who have higher score.

What I mean under original “Ladder” is the way the old dungeon gearing worked. You had this ladder of content that gave out specific iLvl gear. Normal dungeon -> Heroic dungeons -> (Mythic dungeons)-> LFR -> Normal raids -> Heroic raids -> Mythic raids. I would be totally fine with this system as I am raiding anyway. But those who aren’t would be crying how their gear ilvl sucks compared to those who raid.

How do you not learn the routes by doing that?

Quite easy - I didn’t need to know them, so my mind simply discarded the “useless” info.

3 Likes

???

I remember every route tanks take when I’m healing even if I want to or not.

That is still common until you get to a level considered of “pushing”. Dps knows nothing and are just pressing key regardless of the surroundings.
I mean, i still have to find a group for TOS that doesn’t make a mess of puddles in the middle of the room. Is really that difficult stay on the outside?

What the freak has raiding to do with M+?
And i have no idea why experience in a raid does NOT help for the raid. Like my first pull is exactly the same as my 100th??? i learned nothing during those 99 previous pulls?

So when you pug you run again just after the tank :slight_smile:

Probably, but I don’t pug ever. And since my friends no longer play WoW, I don’t do m+.

What was exactly not true about my post? The more you do a dungeon the more experience you get in there, the more likely you are going to handle the mechanics better :man_shrugging:

Yes, to an extent. But I don’t really think that I’m unique in blindly following the tank.

2 Likes

Take for example, Xanesh and vexiona in the current tier.

There are people who have been there half a dozen times yet are still trying to “kick” the ball as if it is physics based, it is not physics based, you simply stand infront of it and look at where you want it to go and yet somehow people cannot grasp this despite having been there many times, it even works the same on normal and first boss of lfr so theres pretty much no excuse for not knowing how the ball works buit people never cease to amaze.

Then there is the breath…

What has assigned tasks of sketchy gimmicky raiding to do with M+?