Ignore on the forums needs rework

If you ignore somebody it should do the following .

Ignore there whole account/chars

Ignore any topics made by them so they do not show .

If ignored poster makes a post in any thread remove the “ignored content” or whatever it say’s if they are ignored i do not want to see anything they say or to acknowledge they exist at all hence the point of ignore .

Today i have had to add a person 9th alt a well known troll to my list as they keep making new chars with nearly the same name to spam inane posts through the forums its getting annoying now thanks.

25 Likes

Then how would we know that Venthyr DH is better than NF DH?

1 Like
1 Like

If you notice this kind of thing or it bothers you this much, you really need to spend less time on the forums imo

12 Likes

Well its for people like you who use 5 alts to post with so i can ignore all your insults and inane posts .

3 Likes

If the suspensions work the same way, why not? :thinking:
(Says a person who isn’t ignorant as all the good booze needs to be sold. But ssshhh.) :shushing_face:

1 Like

Still doesn’t make her less wrong. Putting a person on ignore doesn’t work if said person constantly switches posting char, which makes no logical sense.

11 Likes

You wound me :frowning:

5 Likes

I know for a fact you post on 5 chars and i know for a fact you insult people, you have done insults to me and i have read your post history and i must add this char to ignore as well .

2 Likes

Stop, I might just shed a tear

9 Likes

Definitely should, then you could very easily tell who is altposting and using classic chars to get around being noticed because they still don’t have an armory even through classic TBC had an armory in the first place.

It should work like ongoing harassment does in game, you ignore someone and they use another character to continue to quote post, reply to you, etc should be considered ongoing harassment and dealt with just like it’s supposed to be in game.

9 Likes

A friend of mine was once harrassed by another poster who used 20 of there alts in the same thread making comment after comment with threats towards her and took a mod 5 hours to get invold this should not happen at all and needs to be sorted out .

1 Like

That’s going to be a “no” from me, unless the person solely does it to engage with a poster they know ignored them on their previous char. That they will be visible on a different char to someone who ignored their previous is entirely on Blizzard and the forum they decided on using. In no way should a person be penalised for switching char so long as it wasn’t with the clear intent of continuing to reply to someone who ignored them before.

Should make it so people you have ignored cannot directly quote/reply to you, so they know. I also did iterate it was about harassment in the first place. You don’t need tons of characters to post @ people in the first place.

3 Likes

Eh, disabling people you ignore from replying is a real slippery slope that i don’t want to see this forum going down. If anything it’s begging for said person to go out of their way to harrass someone if they know they already got under their skin to the degree of getting ignored.

As long as all content of the ignored person becomes invisible then that should be sufficient. Along with ignore working for the account and not just the current posting char.

That’s like saying you should spend less time at work/school/hobby area because someone is constantly harassing you…

If someone, for whatever reason it may be: does not want anything to do with you in any way, shape or form. That boundary should be respected. However, given that this IS the forums after all, the collective intelligence of people equates to ± ZeRo.

Especially when it comes to the people showcasing severe entitlement.

Like, if you tell me to not speak with you, I’ll do just that: Not speak with you, ever. No quotes, no tagging through posts, nothing. It’s really not that hard @EVERYONE.
(but then again even the most mundane task can be considered hard for a person who hasn’t hit double-digits yet but what do I know :man_shrugging:)

1 Like

I agree. The ignored content message shouldn’t exist.

If you’re blocked, I don’t want nothing to do with you at all.

ppPoof

3 Likes

Are all velves that fragile? Every single post from any of your race is either complaining, whinging, begging for something, or crying for “protection from hurtful words”.

Grow up!

3 Likes

That’s maybe true, but it’s public forum, no one should be able to throw random insults just because they can. Every time I see “boo hoo you are hurt by words? xD” it’s always MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH kind of poster.

9 Likes

To be fair, Night Fae DH glaives look pretty rad. Not sure if there is a nice green tint for the Venthyr one, too. Welcoming footage if so.

2 Likes