Ignore on the forums needs rework

I agree the ignore function should be better. If i have someone on ignore i dont want to see their posts at all on any char. Its a reason they are on ignore.

3 Likes

I honestly feel half the issues could be resolved if people couldn’t post on 50 characters per account, if we posted at bnet level like they do on every other blizz forum an ignore would just work.

11 Likes

Would solve the issue of loosing your trust level if u transfer and things like that.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, does the forums tell you if a user is ignoring you?

I have never ignored somebody so I have no idea but I know in-game you get the red text.

If for example, Puny, our lord and savior, put me on ignore, would it then not allow me to respond to them? Or perhaps answer their threads?

Sorry this is a bit offtopic, but I am curious because perhaps people are only using alts because they know they are ignored? Hard to say.

2 Likes

No it does not you just have to guess .

2 Likes

Well I don’t care about forums, but for sure I would like account-wide ignore in-game. Sometimes in-game in dungeons you get such a toxic audience (even in leveling normals), you don’t want to see them ever again.

2 Likes

Which probably is what they forgot about when using the same forum for WoW as the rest of their games.

You can still reply to them but all they’ll see is that there’s a post with ignored content in the thread. They won’t get notifications either if a ignored character replies to them.

4 Likes

I think that is how it works, correct me if I am wrong but I think ignoring a char also ignores the account.

Edit: Hairira & Daestra cheers for the clarification.

3 Likes

If i remember right then they did change that to be the case in Legion (i could be wrong about the exact expansion here since it’s been a while).

2 Likes

Ok ,sure i understand that some people would like better ignore function ,however i prefer my own built in brain ignore :man_shrugging:

App is rather basic ,you simply don’t read what person X write :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

:100: agreed

2 Likes

That works for small posts, but for multiple walls of text it’s too much scrolling.

That would really make life easier and that you cannot see their posts at all, oh that’s just a dream come true.

If they added this I would spend a whole day putting certain people on ignore.

3 Likes

But… Then you would be all happy and in a good mood all the time.
Where would you get your anger and frustration from to darken your day?..
It’s like you want your time here to be a pleasant experience or something…
I don’t get it…

3 Likes

I think we should all get a 2nd battle net ID just for the forums. Not everyone wants to give out their actual tag to be harassed in game.

Make it battle net wide too. No real names just like #Anna78965 or something.

Would be a lot easier to manage.

3 Likes

This actually needs to be discussed way more. Because that ability actually invites trolls and unneccessary drama. If you need an incognito alt to present your opinion, you either lack the guts to stick to your words or intentionally want to comment provicative things you know will get you in trouble / make you lose sympathy with other forum users.

People should at least develop some backbone and say what they have to say without hiding behind multiple alt identities to cover their tracks.

2 Likes

This is an information leak. Cannot do this.

That too, it’s rather silly that people who move realms have to create a replacement character of the same name on their old realm to retain their posting status/level.

They seem to feel there is a need for character posting, something I do not understand.

It would also remove issues like people talking to themselves in threads, liking themselves, mass reporting on one account etc.

3 Likes

Not a bad idea. Perhaps make attaching a character optional as well. Ie, if you want, you can just be an arbitrary fixed name without any characters attached. This way you would be able to post under the same name on forums for all Blizzard games.

1 Like

account wide is all we need
but first to do that for those wts people in trade
now that lfg requires lvl 60 (and authenticator soon?) to post groups
lets make that work against the spammers in trade too
odd advertisement accounts are not banned still see those lvl 10s ppl"trade gold" to
for carry

2 Likes