I'm a Mac user should I delete the game?

I’m not cunning when it comes to computers, but I do know one thing and that’s how fast they age. In OP you said it’s a new Mac, but further down you tell us it’s from 2015 and that’s (sorry) antique…

2 Likes

Alas yes, five years are a geological era for a computer. iMacs grow old pretty well, but they never have had powerful graphic cards, on that Solanj he’s right… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

yes thats why im just playing fine on a macbook from 2014

yes
7 characters required

That right there is your problem.
Apple artificially reduces the power of their computers, phones etc. after 3 years of it being activated.
After 6 years you can’t update it anymore and after 9 it just won’t turn on anymore.

There is no law to tell them that they cannot do so, so they do it in order to get you to buy a new one.
There is nothing you can do about it except buy a new one, and then in 3 years the problem will return.

2 Likes

Well, WoW is supported for Mac and Macs doesn’t seem to lack in hardware. Can you check if something else is at issue first? Drivers and all that.

Go to Settings -> Display

Click on Recommendation button to reset the display settings.

Try that for awhile. It may fix the problem.

You need to use DX11 instead of DX12.

Lol! I bought my iPhone 6s four years ago and still working fine. :smile:

1 Like

What resolution do you run on?

Interesting that they still outlast their competitors. I’m typing this on a 12 year old mac that still runs just fine, I’ve had some windows laptops in the past and they’re dead after 6.

2 Likes

I meant that it was new to me, brand new SS hard drive. It was completely refurbished and easliy meets Blizzards requiremnts to run WOW.

1 Like

I used to play on a Mac too. I installed Windows alongside OSX just for WoW.

I didn’t have any issues running WoW smoothly on Windows on an iMac.

Edit: on OSX on the same iMac WoW was literally unplayable btw.

Argh! Why did you this blasphemy? :cry:

It was either this or 10-12fps :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Will that actually help?

Apple makes decent phones yeah
An iMac is not a phone
It’s also not hate to call out a company for terrible price:performance ratio’s nor is it an attack on apple users

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely. My reference to iPhone was intended about the Apple’s stuff aren’t becoming bricks after 3 years.

Ok, I see. Maybe you should try and get help in the Tech support subforum? Users have been very friendly and explained what to do when I’ve had problems. It might not be failing on Blizzard’s end even if tech specs says it will run the game. Perhaps you even could call customer support and get advice as you go? (not sure that is understandable English, sorry)